Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

DC is so in the weeds these days. They want these legacy characters to be front and center so bad when time after time people have said no we don't want this. All this everything is real nonsense has done nothing but make things a sloppy mess. At this point I am ready for them to just Crisis the whole damn thing again and start over day one for every character.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

*Yawn*

Eh, saves me $4.99 a month for the time being...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Always Rakzo

So, if they kill Ollie (again) it will make me realize that the guy hasn't starred in a title worth a damn since Lemire's run ended.

Jesus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    So, if they kill Ollie (again) it will make me realize that the guy hasn't starred in a title worth a damn since Lemire's run ended.

Jesus.
    I mean that's fairly subjective - I enjoyed the Rebirth run.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Rebirth was mediocrity at its finest, a series that tried way too hard to evoke Ollie's most overused traits without giving them any sense of depth and creating a title that wanted to be "progressive" so much that only ended-up being cringey (Seriously, Ben Percy mansplaining mansplain might be one of the most facepalmy moments of the last decade).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    DC is so in the weeds these days. They want these legacy characters to be front and center so bad when time after time people have said no we don't want this. All this everything is real nonsense has done nothing but make things a sloppy mess. At this point I am ready for them to just Crisis the whole damn thing again and start over day one for every character.
    This is what makes me think this is a public domain issue. The severe pushing of the "legacy" characters makes me wonder if there really is a replacement push going on.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Lot of the Golden Age versions are hitting public domain soon in the future. With no expectations of renewal of copyright this time around.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I disagree a lot. If you listen Joshua’s interviews, it seems like DC is following through with a plan they started since the end of death metal. It’s genuinely great to see DC actually have set plans for the universe, unlike just running on steam like how messy post rebirth was when Geoff wasn’t really apart of plans and Snyder was just doing whatever with the justice league.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait a minute, third act of Infinite Frontier, Dark Army, supposed death.... I think I've figured out where the League went already and what's happened to them. It's Pariah.

Okay so some context for those who haven't been reading, at the end of Infinite Frontier Barry goes beyond the known Multiverse and runs into Pariah and the dead remains of Multiverse-2 which died in the first Crisis but has been fed upon by the Gentry/The Empty Hand. But then Pariah disintegrated Barry and remade him on a picturesque world designated Earth.Flash.1.

That's where the league will be, captured by Pariah and put in their own perfect earths but made to look like they died. I'm confident in this.

So technically this could be a sneak event for those who've not wanted their heroes to be in a shared universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Me: I need more Zatanna!

DC: We're putting her in JL! (so we can kill her).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    She could be the survivor
    I'm thinking that's going to be the case as well. Given how abruptly she's folded into the main League.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait a minute, third act of Infinite Frontier, Dark Army, supposed death.... I think I've figured out where the League went already and what's happened to them. It's Pariah.

Okay so some context for those who haven't been reading, at the end of Infinite Frontier Barry goes beyond the known Multiverse and runs into Pariah and the dead remains of Multiverse-2 which died in the first Crisis but has been fed upon by the Gentry/The Empty Hand. But then Pariah disintegrated Barry and remade him on a picturesque world designated Earth.Flash.1.

That's where the league will be, captured by Pariah and put in their own perfect earths but made to look like they died. I'm confident in this.
    Yep. The League is obviously not going to be dead dead. It's obviously a gimmick and they will be lost or trapped somewhere and the new heroes have to break them out and at the end we get a new Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Lot of the Golden Age versions are hitting public domain soon in the future. With no expectations of renewal of copyright this time around.
    All those people wishing somebody besides WB does Wonder Woman are about to have their wish granted in a few years. I suspect in the future the Golden Age DC heroes would be getting adapted like Sherlock Holmes where we have multiple versions of the same character but made by different production companies and actors in those roles. The interesting question is which aspects would be owned by DC and which aspects would be public domain because even if say, the Trinity becomes public domain, there would still be elements of the characters that people outside of WB/DC won't be able to use.

I'm planting my flag firmly in the 'wait and see' camp on this one.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The only things that would go into the public domain are the original comics (and that won't happen for 12 more years for Superman). As for copyrights, how many would DC actually drop?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I really dug Rebirth too.

Green Arrow Rebirth was good, especially on the art side.

Do Ollie and Dinah know Roy is alive again?