Page 135 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2426
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Here's a look at the ELEKTRA: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD #1 variant cover by Mirka Andolfo!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah Tasky was played by a dude for the most part.It's hilarious that they preached this movie was girl power and then had a guy do all the hard work where they could(w/ the suit and mask).

I won't mind if Matt slows down on the womanizing, a stabler Matt is good in my book.Hopefully they don't go to far though
    Yes, I'm all for Matt having a steady girlfriend. Whether it be Karen (IMO his one greatest love in the comics), Echo or maybe introduce Kirsten, I don't mind.

Yeah Tasky was played by a dude for the most part.It's hilarious that they preached this movie was girl power and then had a guy do all the hard work where they could(w/ the suit and mask).

I won't mind if Matt slows down on the womanizing, a stabler Matt is good in my book.Hopefully they don't go to far though
    I don’t think Matt is a womanizer at all. Since when is having success with women something to be discouraged with a pejorative label? If one relationship ends there’s nothing wrong with engaging in another. Nothing. It’s simply human.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 06:23 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I'm all for Matt having a steady girlfriend. Whether it be Karen (IMO his one greatest love in the comics), Echo or maybe introduce Kirsten, I don't mind.
    This, I also don't care w/ who but stable relationships make for better stories in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I don’t think Matt is a womanizer at all. Since when is having success with women something to be discouraged with a pejorative label? If one relationship ends for there’s nothing wrong with engaging in another. Nothing. It’s simply human.
    Womanizer:- (of a man) engage in numerous casual sexual affairs with women.

Matt is the definition of a womanizer, he uses sex as an escape and it's been called his addiction by many fans.Also it's not inherently bad, I never said it was.

Also he slept w/ married women even in the recent run and kisses one on the altar(w/out her consent) in another modern comic off the top of my head, so it's not like he's respectful of relationship boundaries.

This, I also don't care w/ who but stable relationships make for better stories in the long run.
    I’d say that makes for less interesting stories over time.

Womanizer:- (of a man) engage in numerous casual sexual affairs with women.

Matt is the definition of a womanizer, he uses sex as an escape and it's been called his addiction by many fans.Also it's not inherently bad, I never said it was.

Also he slept w/ married women even in the recent run and kisses one on the altar(w/out her consent) in another modern comic off the top of my head, so it's not like he's respectful of relationship boundaries.
    I won’t deny that Matt hasn’t made the best choices when it come to some of the women he’s had relationships with with Mindy, as you noted, being perhaps the most morally dubious but I wouldn’t exactly call him a womanizer. When someone is called a womanizer it doesn’t exactly imbue a positive impression. Matt doesn’t always seek out woman for a brief fling. More often then not his relationships are natural in that he meets someone, they have connection, have mutual attraction, and engage in a relationship from there. Mistakes are made on Matt’s part from time to time but if that’s what makes him a womanizer couldn’t that be said for most if not all men who are successful with women?

I think you’re talking about the first issue of Waids run. “That perfume drives me wild”. That was awesome.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 06:34 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Elektra gets the title of greatest love interest, IMO.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

I’d say that makes for less interesting stories over time.
    It just means his relationships don't get a chance to develop and get cut down again and again.PeterMJ is loved more than any other pairing because of the decades of relationship built.

I won’t deny that Matt hasn’t made the best choices when it come to some of the women he’s had relationships with with Mindy, as you noted, being perhaps the most morally dubious but I wouldn’t exactly call him a womanizer. When someone is called a womanizer it doesn’t exactly imbue a positive impression. Matt doesn’t always seek out woman for a brief fling. More often then not his relationships are natural in that he meets someone, they have connection, have mutual attraction, and engage in a relationship from there. Mistakes are made on Matt’s part from time to time but if that’s what makes him a womanizer couldn’t that be said for most if not all men who are successful with women?
    Yes he does lmao.He met the woman at the library and had immediately pervy thoughts about her, he kissed the woman at the altar for no reason, when he and a woman were playing w/ the fact whether he's DD or not he got hot for her.Just look at the number of women he meets he wants to bang.His connections aren't deep if even existing, meeting someone makes a connection as well.Doesn't mean it's deep or even meaningful.

"successful with women"-Holding down a woman is what I'd call successful, his relationships either end w/ the woman dead or crazy or are very toxic like the one w/ Elektra(even though I love them).A high body count doesn't mean he's successful w/ women, just that he is attractive.

I think you’re talking about the first issue of Waids run. “That perfume drives me wild”. That was awesome.
    For the viewer and Matt, sure. But it's kinda messed up in universe....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daredevil/c...ial_adulterer/

"He tried to spark something with Elektra while still dating Heather. He cheated on Karen with Typhoid Mary. He cheated on Typhoid Mary with Mephisto. He cheated on Mila with Dakota North. There was also that Librarian from the current Zdarsky run who cheated on her husband with Matt."

Matt isn't a good romantic partner even taking away the DD thing and risks that come w/ it.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-16-2021 at 06:58 AM.

It just means his relationships don't get a chance to develop and get cut down again and again.PeterMJ is loved more than any other pairing because of the decades of relationship built.

Yes he does lmao.He met the woman at the library and had immediately pervy thoughts about her, he kissed the woman at the altar for no reason, when he and a woman were playing w/ the fact whether he's DD or not he got hot for her.Just look at the number of women he meets he wants to bang.His connections aren't deep if even existing, meeting someone makes a connection as well.Doesn't mean it's deep or even meaningful.

"successful with women"-Holding down a woman is what I'd call successful, his relationships either end w/ the woman dead or crazy or are very toxic like the one w/ Elektra(even though I love them).A high body count doesn't mean he's successful w/ women, just that he is attractive.

For the viewer and Matt, sure. But it's kinda messed up in universe....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daredevil/c...ial_adulterer/

"He tried to spark something with Elektra while still dating Heather. He cheated on Karen with Typhoid Mary. He cheated on Typhoid Mary with Mephisto. He cheated on Mila with Dakota North. There was also that Librarian from the current Zdarsky run who cheated on her husband with Matt."

Matt isn't a good romantic partner even taking away the DD thing and risks that come w/ it.
    Matt’s had many well developed and memorable relationships with Karen, Elektra, Milla, Dakota North (a favorite of mine), and Kristen to name a few.

Being attracted to attractive women and wanting to engage with then sexually does make for a womanizer. It makes for a male of the human species of which Matt is.

He’s had fairly deep connections with Karen and Kristen and Elektra.

A high body count is success with women and even more so since he tends to have naturally occurring monogamous relationships. He dated Kristen for quite some time and married Milla before that. He can hold down a relationship. His life as superhero, however, tends to makes things more complicated than normal.

The bride seemed to enjoy it, too!

Typhoid Mary had preternatural powers of seduction she also used on The Kingpin.

Matt isn’t perfect as I noted previously. He makes mistakes and acknowledges when he does as in the case with Dakota North. It happened but he didn’t pursue it afterwards. He’s human. Not perfect.

Mindy hasn’t appeared for quite some time so who’s to say if that will be resolved at all. But they both fulfilled a need for each other at the time.

I won’t say Matt is the paragon of how relationships should be handled but to call him a womanizer, IMO, is farfetched.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Matt’s had many well developed and memorable relationships with Karen, Elektra, Milla, Dakota North (a favorite of mine), and Kristen to name a few.

Being attracted to attractive women and wanting to engage with then sexually does make for a womanizer. It makes for a male of the human species of which Matt is.

He’s had fairly deep connections with Karen and Kristen and Elektra.

A high body count is success with women and even more so since he tends to have naturally occurring monogamous relationships. He dated Kristen for quite some time and married Milla before that. He can hold down a relationship. His life as superhero, however, tends to makes things more complicated than normal.

The bride seemed to enjoy it, too!

Typhoid Mary had preternatural powers of seduction she also used on The Kingpin.

Matt isn’t perfect as I noted previously. He makes mistakes and acknowledges when he does as in the case with Dakota North. It happened but he didn’t pursue it afterwards. He’s human. Not perfect.

Mindy hasn’t appeared for quite some time so who’s to say if that will be resolved at all. But they both fulfilled a need for each other at the time.

I won’t say Matt is the paragon of how relationships should be handled but to call him a womanizer, IMO, is farfetched.
    I never said he doesn't had decent relationships.... my statement and this aren't mutually exclusive

And Matt is the definition of a womanizer.Attracted to women is a big diff. from this.Having a high body count w/ a lot of casual ones as well makes him on.Even CBR got this right lol

"The bride seemed to enjoy it, too! " This isn't the kind of mentality w/ which you should approach these things, this justification is used by immoral people to put it as kindly as I can(I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but I felt I should point it out).

Also saying he's good at relationships you also ignored all the times he's cheated or done other messed up stuff all listed in my post.I'm ignoring all his exes dying/going insane part for now

He's a good person btw, I'm not trying to say anything about that.But the way he tackles romance in comics is "(heavily) flawed" at best

I never said he doesn't had decent relationships.... my statement and this aren't mutually exclusive

And Matt is the definition of a womanizer.Attracted to women is a big diff. from this.Having a high body count w/ a lot of casual ones as well makes him on.Even CBR got this right lol

"The bride seemed to enjoy it, too! " This isn't the kind of mentality w/ which you should approach these things, this justification is used by immoral people to put it as kindly as I can(I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but I felt I should point it out).

Also saying he's good at relationships you also ignored all the times he's cheated or done other messed up stuff all listed in my post.I'm ignoring all his exes dying/going insane part for now

He's a good person btw, I'm not trying to say anything about that.But the way he tackles romance in comics is "(heavily) flawed" at best
    He’s had mutually exclusive relationships with Karen (Typhoid Mary had preternatural powers of seduction), Elektra, Milla (he made and acknowledged the mistake with Dakota), and Kristen and Mindy (morality aside).

He’s had more lasting relationships than casuals.

Based on the brides expression and body language she certainly did.

My saying he’s made mistakes was addressing that he hasn’t always been faithful. When he wasn’t, however, it wasn’t as simple as he just felt like messing around. There were always circumstances that lead to him being with someone else whether it was out of his control (as in Typhoid Mary seducing him) or a situation that cause him to grow close with someone else (as in with Dakota when helping him with Milla’s situation). That’s not to say he isn’t wrong but he’s human and as such makes human mistakes.

How the relationships end tends to be one complications of dating as a superhero I mentioned before.

I don’t think their flawed. No relationship is perfect. I think that’s just how relationships can happen and do happen in the real world and especially for a superhero who dates civilians.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

He’s had mutually exclusive relationships with Karen (Typhoid Mary had preternatural powers of seduction), Elektra, Milla (he made and acknowledged the mistake with Dakota), and Kristen and Mindy (morality aside).

He’s had more lasting relationships than casuals.

Based on the brides expression and body language she certainly did.

My saying he’s made mistakes was addressing that he hasn’t always been faithful. When he wasn’t, however, it wasn’t as simple as he just felt like messing around. There were always circumstances that lead to him being with someone else whether it was out of his control (as in Typhoid Mary seducing him) or a situation that cause him to grow close with someone else (as in with Dakota when helping him with Milla’s situation). That’s not to say he isn’t wrong but he’s human and as such makes human mistakes.

How the relationships end tends to be one complications of dating as a superhero I mentioned before.

I don’t think their flawed. No relationship is perfect. I think that’s just how relationships can happen and do happen in the real world and especially for a superhero who dates civilians.
    Let's just agree to disagree, we mostly see eye to eye on most points but not the extent of them

"Based on the brides expression and body language she certainly did." Still non-consensual, and I'm usually very lex on such things in comics(like Gambit w/ Rogue early on is something people feel is messed up but I feel it works for comics) but there is no way I can say this isn't wrong.

Let's just agree to disagree, we mostly see eye to eye on most points but not the extent of them

"Based on the brides expression and body language she certainly did." Still non-consensual, and I'm usually very lex on such things in comics(like Gambit w/ Rogue early on is something people feel is messed up but I feel it works for comics) but there is no way I can say this isn't wrong.
    Sure.

I think it was something more fun and whimsical done in the moment to set the tone for the run than anything to pay too much attention to.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Well, I don't think we'll have to worry about Matt engaging in any "womanizing" in the MCU. Disney's content is squeaky clean so I imagine he probably will have one love interest if he has one at all (I'm assuming DD will be joining the MCU). They already toned down Tony's "alcoholism" in the MCU, so I don't see substance abuse and carousing becoming issues in MCU Daredevil stories. THANK GOD for that.

In regards to the Black Widow movie, I thought the first half was pretty interesting. I liked how the characters spoke Russian and hung out in Budapest. I thought Natasha using masks in the movie was very Mission Impossible-ish, and I enjoyed that. I didn't like the CGI finale though. It was hilarious General Dreykov's henchmen were still trying to kill the Widow "family" while they were falling out from the sky...WITHOUT parachutes. That's true dedication to your leader. And yes, I said henchmen. The movie emphasized how much the Red Room used women to destabilize the world, but General Dreykov actually relied on dudes in his personal bodyguard unit. Unless, his henchmen were actually women like Taskmaster. But once again, I'm pretty sure Dreykov's henchmen were actually played by men. Don't get me wrong, I thought the performances were quite strong in Black Widow, I just thought it failed to give Natasha a chance to shine.

Oh, I want to congratulate the members of this thread for not demanding Echo be a de facto Daredevil show. I've heard on social media that Murdock fans (stans) pretty much want Echo's series to focus on HIM and not on her. If Daredevil does join Feige's MCU, I'm pretty sure DD will get a show of his own in the future.

Elektra gets the title of greatest love interest, IMO.
    I'm sure that if you read through all of the Daredevil comics from the very beginning all the way through (as I did at one point), you will come to the realisation and conviction that Karen was the one. Yes, Elektra was special, very special, but Karen was that one true love.