Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1766
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ryan North and Iban Cobello are the new creative team. Alex Ross will do covers

https://ew.com/books/ryan-north-prev...ic-four-comic/

Hmmmmm.

Those Alex Ross covers are GORGEOUS! I hope he does a poster book of them, like he did for Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Squirrel Girl guy? Oh god.
    Yes. Hence the Hmmmmm. Also, not sure about the artist. He seems very dynamic SUPERHERO, and less a slice of life, smaller stories kind of guy. But maybe these aren't exactly going to be a slice of life stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Told ya. As soon as we got that compass teaser art, I said it'd be Ryan North. Though the teaser did have Writer next to the N and Artist next to the S, so I suspect Cobello isn't who they originally planned.

The compass pointing west was a reference to them leaving New York.
    Well, Cobello is from Spain. And he's one of the Stormbreakers, so ....
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ryan North is a great fit for Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    I am hopeful based on that interview. Could be very fun if he pulls it off successfully.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...coello-new-era

The smaller, probably personality focused stories are a nice touch to see how North is treating these characters. He's got six of these before issue 700 to get his feet wet. And yes, I will be using legacy numbering because it's only proper.

For those who are nervous because of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, North also wrote the Fantastix story in FF as well as the Power Pack - Outlawed mini. USG, by the way, was easily one of the finest books Marvel put out. It wasn't written to be a standard superhero book but to be a simpler, almost childlike examination of friendship and getting along. The jokes North wrote in that series showed he does know his comics.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think we can give Ryan North the benefit of the doubt. I happen to like the sense of humor in the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl series. Well, off we go to a fresh start. It seems like tradition these days to have Alex Ross FF covers. Those colors almost remind me of a black light poster.

Now I am curious to find out about an Iron Man relaunch since Cantwell's last issue is #25 IIRC.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, he's starting off different already by going with Ben and Alicia first, so bonus points for that. Time loop, however .... But I'm willing to give him a chance. I'm putting it on my pull list.

Look at these gorgeous covers!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm willing to give North a chance. I think he might turn out to be a good fit.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here's a page from Dark Ages #1 by Iban Cobello for those who've not seen his work.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-17-2022 at 10:11 AM.

North is a really good writer. Squirrel Girl may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but it was really well written. I'm lookingnforward to this.

BANNED

Never read Norths work but he can’t be worse than Slott.

Iban is a great artist and I’m pleased they’ve got someone of quality that suits a FF book.

Finally, the covers are nice and the new logo is crazy in a good way and it looks like new costumes with the OG colours.

I can look forward to FF again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, he's starting off different already by going with Ben and Alicia first, so bonus points for that. Time loop, however .... But I'm willing to give him a chance. I'm putting it on my pull list.

Look at these gorgeous covers!

Those covers are gorgeous and have me pretty hyped for this relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's a page from Dark Ages #1 by Iban Cobello for those who've not seen his work.

Nice artwork, but I thought Valeria was a lot taller then Moon Girl. They're about the same size here. And Johnny is cured, does this take place before the Doom incident?

North is a great choice. Squirrel Girl was consistently incredible and he has shown he can go beyond humorous takes.
    This could be the breath of fresh air the book needs.

He said all the right things for me with the more Star Trek-like adventures and focusing more on the characters. Better characterization and development is exactly what I want for Sue and Johnny so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Looking good, I’ve kind of become a FF fan recently so I’ll certainly pick this up.