Page 148 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3576
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Kil%gre
    (And I probably massacred the name, but am too tired to research it. Plus, never been into villains that much.)
    This was the one villain that caught my imagination in the Baron/Messner-Loeb years.
    Yes!!
    A totally out there creation and a heap of fun!
    Kilg%re appeared again for issues #42 and 43 and I was wrapt when he appeared in Manhunter years later.
    Cicada was also a creepy bastard when Johns first introduced the character!
    And while I think of him, add Murmur to that list too.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Kil%gre
    (And I probably massacred the name, but am too tired to research it. Plus, never been into villains that much.)
    This was the one villain that caught my imagination in the Baron/Messner-Loeb years.
    Ooh, yeah, excellent call.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    And yet, the only similarity was that they had the same name. Literally everything else about them was completely different from their comic book counterparts.

The way I see it, Wally and Barry share the core Rogues but Savitar, Cicada and Zoom are uniquely his with Abra Kadabra being such a consistent thorn in his side that he's pretty much a Wally villain by now. Also, the newer Rogues are a bit more his than Barry's.

With Barry back and running around and the PTB at DC actually finding it within themselves to actually give Wally a chance, it would be a good idea to give him more villains that are particularly his.
    The New Rogues are totally his. It's why I dislike whenever Barry fights them.

(Kadabra I always just see as a general Flash villain. Whoever The Flash is, that's who he hates on).

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yes!!
    A totally out there creation and a heap of fun!
    Kilg%re appeared again for issues #42 and 43 and I was wrapt when he appeared in Manhunter years later.
    Cicada was also a creepy bastard when Johns first introduced the character!
    And while I think of him, add Murmur to that list too.
    OHHHH!!!!!! Murmur!!!! YES!!!!!! That dude was creepy!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Anton Yelchin as Wally West (Fan Art)

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Anton Yelchin as Wally West (Fan Art)

Looks a little too busy...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks a little too busy...
    Doesn't look anymore busy than any of the CW Flash suits.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Doesn't look anymore busy than any of the CW Flash suits.
    I think it looks a little busier then the CW suits, but maybe a live-action aesthetic looks different in art form.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it looks a little busier then the CW suits, but maybe a live-action aesthetic looks different in art form.
    Maybe... Whatever happened to the "Jake Austin Walker is playing Wally West on Stargirl" rumor?

“His name is Wally West—and he was the Fastest Man Alive. That is, until the Multiverse was rewritten without him or his family in it. Wally returned and tried to make it work, but the damage was done. Spinning out of the events of HEROES IN CRISIS, follow the man who called himself Flash on an adventure to find redemption in a cosmos that has fought so hard to destroy him.”

Spectacular Member

whats with the past tense being used about him being the fastest? do they need barry to be fastest so that he can say wallys line at the beinging of each comic again?

Maybe... Whatever happened to the "Jake Austin Walker is playing Wally West on Stargirl" rumor?
    It's gone from "he's playing Wally" to "he's playing Brainwave Jr." and it hasn't been confirmed one way or another who he's playing.
    “His name is Wally West—and he was the Fastest Man Alive. That is, until the Multiverse was rewritten without him or his family in it. Wally returned and tried to make it work, but the damage was done. Spinning out of the events of HEROES IN CRISIS, follow the man who called himself Flash on an adventure to find redemption in a cosmos that has fought so hard to destroy him.”

I'm not really liking the sound of some of what they say in the premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    whats with the past tense being used about him being the fastest? do they need barry to be fastest so that he can say wallys line at the beinging of each comic again?
    I think Williamson has been building up his run to making Barry The Fastest Man Alive again (even though he was the one who established Wally was still faster).

Astonishing Member

Williamson has said multiple times that the endgame goal to the Force Quest stuff he has going on is to once again reestablish Barry as the Fastest Man Alive after he "lost" the title to Wally in Flash War. No more student surpassing the master in this industry.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Williamson has said multiple times that the endgame goal to the Force Quest stuff he has going on is to once again reestablish Barry as the Fastest Man Alive after he "lost" the title to Wally in Flash War. No more student surpassing the master in this industry.
    Everything about that sentence makes me glad that I'm not reading the Flash.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    What a waste.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics