Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Kind of interesting to see folks confused about why Black Tom would end up on this team.

To me, it seems like a completely logical choice.

Scenario: We are creating the "Mutant" equivalent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

How many agents have at least straddled the line between what readers would see as "Good" versus "Evil"? Second, why wouldn't you want the insights of someone who has actually been a part of that side of mutants as a whole?
    There is probably a story why Black Tom and Apocalypse are working with the teams. Although I imagine Black Tom is probably more "part of the team" than Apocalypse is part of Excalibur.

Fantastic Member

Given that Piotr and kitty literally just hooked back up in some fashion in AoXM I am not so sure of Domilossus, but leave it to marvel to not know what to do with Piotr except do the same thing they’ve already done with him. I think it could very well be more of a domino/Logan thing than colossus though, as Logan and her actually have more history.. but who knows. I am willing to look at it and give it a chance but not totally sold yet.

Fantastic Member

At least the book has a fresh and original concept. The cast is fine. I like Wolverine, Jean and Beast. But who is Black Tom? Can we have a better character instead of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    At least the book has a fresh and original concept. The cast is fine. I like Wolverine, Jean and Beast. But who is Black Tom? Can we have a better character instead of him?
    Wait, seriously?

1) this is the one I like the least. Jean, Beast and Quire do not really appeal to me in this context. I get that they are not killers anymore but Quire is too unstable and I don't see Jean doing espionage. Beast is nice as the tech/science guy but he's complained so much about X-Force in the past that maybe I'm biased lol. But he's been a Secret Avengers so he might work.

2)I like the CIA concept instead of the mutant killers concept. I guess Mauraders will be more proactive while they will do more black ops stuff. I still don't see Jean or Quire doing this kinda stuff.

3) not too familiar.

4) he's quite random. Would have prefered Mystique as the villains in the team.

OH and please make Domino and Colossus hook up please, thanks.

Fantastic Member

Well ok.....I’ll change it to “why is Black Tom?”. It really seems an odd choice.

Well ok.....I’ll change it to “why is Black Tom?”. It really seems an odd choice.
    To me, it seems fairly logical.

Longtime "X" villain/actually related to an X-Man/raised another member of the wider "X"-contingent

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    1) this is the one I like the least. Jean, Beast and Quire do not really appeal to me in this context. I get that they are not killers anymore but Quire is too unstable and I don't see Jean doing espionage. Beast is nice as the tech/science guy but he's complained so much about X-Force in the past that maybe I'm biased lol. But he's been a Secret Avengers so he might work.

2)I like the CIA concept instead of the mutant killers concept. I guess Mauraders will be more proactive while they will do more black ops stuff. I still don't see Jean or Quire doing this kinda stuff.

3) not too familiar.

4) he's quite random. Would have prefered Mystique as the villains in the team.

OH and please make Domino and Colossus hook up please, thanks.
    Black ops doesn't necessarily mean wetworks. Espionage work is necessary for proactive solutions how do you stop terrorist network but never letting their plan happen. Intelligence determines the threat and tactical is sent to stop the threat.More along the line of Swat capture than Wetworks kill everyone. Jean and Beast should have any problem with mission in that context. The big philosophy issue comes when you find a threat that should be taken out completely in the mission or threat where taking out the head will lead to collapse of the organization that were they will clash.

Telepath can be non lethal but somewhat moral compromised stop people. Would Jean or Quire mind wipe someone to stop an major attack? Would they violate their mind to get info need to stop an attack? Telepaths can manipulate someone to get information from a group. What line morally would you cross to protect people? It should be some interesting stuff.

It is too big. Jean and QQ shouldn't be there.
    I doubt that it will be one of the most favorite X-Force line-ups ever.
    It looks like more as X-Factor the X-Force.

Not familiar with the creative team, no faves are on the roster, and QQ is always a hard pass for me. I'll give the first trade a look if I hear awesome things, but I don't think I'll be following this one in singles.

I don't like Jean as an X-Force member.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

This isn't X-Force.

It's X-FAIL.

I thought that guy was doctor strange for a minute!

It is weird how successful Remender and following some X-forces groups have been in fans mind as what X-force is

X-force- Paramilitary (Cable,Shatterstar,etc)
    X-force-aka X-statix
    X-force- Kyle and Yost Claw force- Track and Destroy with Lethal force options
    Uncanny X-force- Black Ops kill squad
    Cable and X-Force- Paramilitary
    Uncanny X-Force- Humphries- Psylocke, Storm ,Puck- Not a kill squad
    X-force-Si Spurrier-Not a kill squad
    X-force Brission-Kid Cable,Domino, Cannonball, Boom Boom- Technically not kill squad but the book had them very comfortable with killing,way too comfortable for that group of members

The big point is X-force has been this before. It is just this time X-force is both side of coin Jean, Beast, Quire,Colossus who more fit the paramilitary role, Wolverine, Domino,Black Tom and Sage fit more Black Ops role. The book calls it Intelligence and Tactical and has cleverly placed people who should be on other side of the coin in each side. X-force has become nothing but pure wetworks in people minds when X-force has been mixture counter ops teams and black ops lethal option teams.

Line-up’s fine. This is not your daddy’s X-Force - it’s an espionage themed X-Men division. I love QQ anyway because he’s such a dick.