Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Jane's run works best in isolation from past Thor continuity and Thor himself.

Which makes me curious to see how they adapt it here.

I'm wondering what the "Love and Thunder" denotes. Obviously there's Valkyrie arc but will Thor remain an eligible bachelor? They've completely forgotten about Sif and I'm not sure if they'll hook him up with Jane again after giving her powers.
    The Sif thing is a little odd because it’s like the film makers tried to completely distance themselves from everything that came before Ragnarok (with the Warriors 3 and virtually all named Asgardians being dead). Heck, they didn’t make reference to Sif again after TDW (tv shows don’t seem to be at all canon at this point) even after Asgard was blown up and the remaining Asgardians are now on Earth.

I’m curious too how Jane and Thor’s relationship will be handled now because it was one of the weakest points of TDW and it’s another thing the Waititi and co seemed to want to put behind them.

However, I can see a situation where Waititi follows up what he started in Ragnarok being that Thor doesn’t need a hammer to be a thunder god and might simply pass off the weapon to Jane Foster for whatever reason. Maybe a big bad that needs two Thors to take down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    (Looking through the posts) Wow, this thread is getting rather heated already, too bad. I hope it doesn't get locked.

It’s just one or two posters, it’s generally been very cordial.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It’s just one or two posters, it’s generally been very cordial.
    I'll take your word for it (I don't have the time nor inclination to go back through all the posts) that it has only been a few recent posts. I hope things stay upbeat.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Will this be a comedy like Ragnarok or be more serious? For some reason I think it will be disrespectful to make it a laughfest like the previous Thor. Can't imagine Portman as a comedic actress.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont know if we're ever going to see Sif again, honestly. I hope so, and if Portman/Jane is returning (who saw that coming?) you never know.....but I don't see it. Still, most of Thor's supporting cast is dead now, with only Val, Korg, and Mieik (spelling?) left; even with Jane returning I feel like there'd be room for Sif.....and given the movie's title I could see them maybe trying some kind of weird romance thing between Val, Thor, and Sif, with Jane tossed in as the ex.

Doubt we're gonna get "unworthy" like Aaron wrote. Endgame already went through that and left things with Thor well on his way to recovery. Taikiti (spelling?) went overboard on the humor in Ragnarok but he's a smart guy and I don't see him re-treading a plot Endgame just did.

And for real, I'm just laughing at everyone who's automatically assuming the worst. Ya'll haven't been paying attention to the MCU; they don't straight up copy stories, they do their own thing. Just because JaneThor originated with Aaron doesn't mean the movie is going to follow that narrative and do all the things ya'll are bitching about.
    Yeah for real, I don't get why everyone is upset. Portman as Lady Thor is a cool move, and one that could potentially be interesting.

I just want more Sif! Jaime Alexander is great and barely got a chance to shine. They could so do a JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY flick or mini series for streaming about her adventures. Maybe get Gillen to write it, or at least help.

The more diversity in stories and characters the better, I say. Plus I've felt that Thor has been really lacking in the romance department for some time now. For a Nordic thunder god, the MCU has really made his flicks sexless. Two Thors! More Thors! Let's have all the Thors!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-21-2019 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

I'm pleased that Natalie is in such a pivotal role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Will this be a comedy like Ragnarok or be more serious? For some reason I think it will be disrespectful to make it a laughfest like the previous Thor. Can't imagine Portman as a comedic actress.
    You missed the SNL rap skit

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Sif thing is a little odd because it’s like the film makers tried to completely distance themselves from everything that came before Ragnarok (with the Warriors 3 and virtually all named Asgardians being dead). Heck, they didn’t make reference to Sif again after TDW (tv shows don’t seem to be at all canon at this point) even after Asgard was blown up and the remaining Asgardians are now on Earth.
    I don't know why they even bothered to address her getting Snapped to be honest, but they did that with a lot of supporting characters they seemingly forgot about.
    I’m curious too how Jane and Thor’s relationship will be handled now because it was one of the weakest points of TDW and it’s another thing the Waititi and co seemed to want to put behind them.
    Maybe we'll find out why they actually broke up.
    However, I can see a situation where Waititi follows up what he started in Ragnarok being that Thor doesn’t need a hammer to be a thunder god and might simply pass off the weapon to Jane Foster for whatever reason. Maybe a big bad that needs two Thors to take down.
    This makes me wish we were getting Bill and a proper Surtur fight .

Ultimate Member

They must have had a pitch that Portman really liked, or Taika charmed her, for her to have such a turnaround on doing these films apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Check out her skits on SNL - not just the rap videos. She can be funny.

Besides, if they go with Jane Foster's arc as Thor from the comic, it'll have to be at least a little serious. And Taika can do serio-comedy based on Hunt For The Wilderpeople

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Check out her skits on SNL - not just the rap videos. She can be funny.

Besides, if they go with Jane Foster's arc as Thor from the comic, it'll have to be at least a little serious. And Taika can do serio-comedy based on Hunt For The Wilderpeople
    I actually wonder if they'll go into the cancer issue at all. I can kind of see them side-stepping it to be honest.

Yeah - it's not like it'll have the same impact over three hours tops instead of the four years worth of comics. And no cancer means not having to shave her head for the role (though her Thor costume would probably include a blonde wig either way).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - it's not like it'll have the same impact over three hours tops instead of the four years worth of comics. And no cancer means not having to shave her head for the role (though her Thor costume would probably include a blonde wig either way).
    Although it wouldn't be the first time for her .

Ultimate Member

And it was for another CBM as well ironically.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

From Tony Stella:

https://twitter.com/studiotstella/st...53583295860741
    "felt inspired by the recent #MarvelSDCC news to make a quick poster for #ThorLoveAndThunder / #TaikaWaititi #NataliePortman #ChrisHemsworth"

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES