4 3.60%
  • Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I'm surprised the Neverland Concentration Camp isn't on there. I've always found it one of the most offensive, inappropriate stories in X-Men history.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The Emma/Scott thing was tacky but it made sense. And i wouldn't necessarily call it inappropriate but the Angel/Husk thing was kind of gross. He just came off like he would sleep with anything and had no restraint. I mean i twas cute when he was hitting on Storm years ago when they were flying but that just came off as nasty and a little incestual to me. I remember thinking "is angel so desperate he's poaching children" and yes i know she was technically a child but he watched her grow up. Warren is the Woody Allen of the X-men./
    Nah, dumb and gross as the sky sex scene was, Warren didn't really watch grow up Paige grow up. And at least Paige was of legal age.

The story of an older man being in love with his student that he watched grow up is reserved for Xavier's creepy love of Jean Grey. Jean was a minor, and Xavier did watch her grow up.

I had a little bit of a hard time voting on this one.

I really dislike the Paige/Warren romance.
    I really enjoyed reading about Emma and Scott as a couple.
    But, making out on your dead wife's grave is really tacky and disrespectful to your dead partner. So as much as I disliked Paige/Warren, I voted for Scott and Emma making out on Jean's grave.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What was wrong with Ugly John?
    "Cable was right!"

What wasn’t wrong with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What wasn’t wrong with him?
    Getting killed off so we never had to see him again.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm surprised the Neverland Concentration Camp isn't on there. I've always found it one of the most offensive, inappropriate stories in X-Men history.
    Could you elaborate? Was it the overall concept, or was it a specific part of it? I've not read it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Could you elaborate? Was it the overall concept, or was it a specific part of it? I've not read it.
    Written by Frank Teiri, the Weapon X program is reactivated and running a concentration camp. Maggot, Seina Blaze and a few others were gassed in a few panels. Not exaggerating.

It was a dangling plot thread that the X-Men basically ignored, and Frank himself left unresolved even when Weapon X got a mini series meant to resolve the plotlines that were left dangling.

The plot was offensive and stupid on several levels. Frank Teiri's writing level is, at best, on the level of 80s Saturday morning cartoons, yet he envisions himself as a gritty noir writer. So yeah, it super sucked.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Dark Xavier's very sexualized mind rape of 16 year old Dani Moonstar in X-men vs Micronauts. Thank goodness that's no longer in continuity.

BANNED

Oh God. Frank Tieri. One of so many 2000s dudes I don't miss. I remember people being gobsmacked by that Weapon X book for ages, month after month, a la Austen.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I Miss Frank Tieri. I want him back for another proper Weapon X book. Not that mess we got from Greg Pak. Least Tieri didn't take serious characters and write them like dumb frat kids. More than I can say for Pak and Simone. lol

Of those listed, gonna go with Austen's exploding communion wafers/Nightcrawler as pope. I'm not going to say that was the most willful ignorance I'd ever seen shoehorned into a plotline, but combining the utter nonsense of the plot itself, the writer's own (multiple!) ill-informed takes on religion, the utter tone-deafness of rape as a background plot motivation... yeah, that was something.

Emma was right

Scemma in Morrison's run was great, fun and hot. Emma did nothing wrong - you see a man you like, you take him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Scemma in Morrison's run was great, fun and hot. Emma did nothing wrong - you see a man you like, you take him.
    Aided and abetted by the things he tells you in confidence as his shrink

Nah, bruv.

7bf.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Nope. I'm fine with Scemma, but not the way it went down.