Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would the precogs see?

Not sure if there's a speculation thread for this topic, and I couldn't find one, so here it is.

For me, the banning of precognitive mutants from resurrection is the biggest mystery in this story. At the end of HoX/PoX, Xavier seems to want all the Krakoans to learn the "truth"...eventually. What truth is he referring to? The way the conversation progresses, it appears like he's referring to the truth that, as per Moira's 9 previous lives, mutants always lose in their conflict with humans. Is that all there is behind Xavier, Moira and Magneto keeping secrets? Are they afraid that if "mutants always lose according to multiple Moira lives/timelines" becomes common knowledge, pessimism would end Krakoa and mutants would revert back to multiple, warring factions?

I mean, that assumption makes sense, but then it's also kind of silly because it just makes Destiny look like a Debby Downer that they're trying to avoid at a party. If all they're afraid of is that when they resurrect Destiny, she'll say "I've seen the future. This Krakoan Experiment won't work," what's the real danger? They could just reply, "How about telling us if you see a future where mutants win? And if such an outcome doesn't exist, then just shut up and make yourself useful here." Honestly, with Destiny's power, she should be an asset to Krakoa, not an enemy. So what do you think is going on?

Is Moira controlling all the mutants somehow? Would Destiny want to destroy everything Moira's helped build because the truth is that the mutants are enslaved by her in Hippy Commune Land, and not actually free? I'm outta ideas. Let's hear yours!
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Not sure if there's a speculation thread for this topic, and I couldn't find one, so here it is.

For me, the banning of precognitive mutants from resurrection is the biggest mystery in this story. At the end of HoX/PoX, Xavier seems to want all the Krakoans to learn the "truth"...eventually. What truth is he referring to? The way the conversation progresses, it appears like he's referring to the truth that, as per Moira's 9 previous lives, mutants always lose in their conflict with humans. Is that all there is behind Xavier, Moira and Magneto keeping secrets? Are they afraid that if "mutants always lose according to multiple Moira lives/timelines" becomes common knowledge, pessimism would end Krakoa and mutants would revert back to multiple, warring factions?

I mean, that assumption makes sense, but then it's also kind of silly because it just makes Destiny look like a Debby Downer that they're trying to avoid at a party. If all they're afraid of is that when they resurrect Destiny, she'll say "I've seen the future. This Krakoan Experiment won't work," what's the real danger? They could just reply, "How about telling us if you see a future where mutants win? And if such an outcome doesn't exist, then just shut up and make yourself useful here." Honestly, with Destiny's power, she should be an asset to Krakoa, not an enemy. So what do you think is going on?

Is Moira controlling all the mutants somehow? Would Destiny want to destroy everything Moira's helped build because the truth is that the mutants are enslaved by her in Hippy Commune Land, and not actually free? I'm outta ideas. Let's hear yours!
    Destiny's power isn't absolute, things change all the time for her and she's prone to believing her visions are wrong. Take for instance a moment during X-Factor around the Mutant Massacre, she assumed Cyclops had become evil despite her visions telling her there was a slim chance of that ever occurring. If she's going to see that Krakoa fails, then that's what she sees. She's a mutant, not Dr. Strange.

Astonishing Member

I'm keeping the possibility open that everything or at least a lot about Moira X is fake and that some powerfull being warped her into existence as a convinient excuse to alter Xavier's mind and goals in order to steer mutantkind towards a path said being desires for them.
    That the massive retcon which created Dawn of X is also an in universe one. Perhaps to get mutants on the path of becomming homo novissima (as in winning a race towards that state) or something akin to The City from Ultimate Marvel, in order to join a hive mind which can then harness the power of their X-gene.
    After all the whole Hive Mind hirarchy must have been introduced for a reason in HoX/PoX.

All while Moira X herself is entirely unaware of being fake and she fully believes she is doing the best for mutantkind, with her fear of Destiny from the 3rd memory being a convinient excuse for her to have Xavier bann her and precogs collectively from Krakoa.
    Not because they could predict mutantkind always losing, but because they could see the dark future the mutants are possibly currently heading for.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-17-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Probably Krakoa getting Genosha'd, Mutants being sterilized again, slaughter of mutants by the 1000's ect. Future is ever changing in Marvel nothing gis set in stone but according to Moira they always lose in the end and she just doesn't want that narrative to get leaked to the public.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Destiny would see Moira and her power.

I don’t think Moira cares about them seeing Mutants losing. That’s the lie she’s telling to justify the rule.

The five should accidentally resurrect Madame Webb.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I do not know what "the Truth" is that was referred. Hopefully, they have some good twists and turns planned for us.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

One thing we haven't seen is how precogs screwed with Moira's plans in her past lives... beyond the obvious Destiny threat and roasting. How is this time any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    One thing we haven't seen is how precogs screwed with Moira's plans in her past lives... beyond the obvious Destiny threat and roasting. How is this time any different?
    How do we know that they haven't tried?

That's my point. We don't know. Moira X's precog phobia seems totally focused on Destiny... which is understandable since Destiny is scary AF... but precogs would be an invaluable resource in sniffing out where anti-mutant AI is going to gain sentience.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The five should accidentally resurrect Madame Webb.
    Maybe do a better job resurrecting her than Ben Reilly/Jackal 2.0 did back in The Clone Conspiracy. Wait a sec . . . Cassandra Webb effectively killed herself by refusing to take the anti-clone degeneration pills because she wanted no part of the future Jackal-Ben would have created, so who could say she wouldn't have the same reaction to Krakoa's future, if it turned out to be true that mutants ultimately always lost?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Sex. How they are having it and who they are having it with. If they are having it at all...

Astonishing Member

That it is revenge of 'Moira' the omnipotent personality of Legion in Age of X, remember then she also warped reality to have X-Men live in eternal war.Conspicuously we have not been shown Legion yet..if like in 'Lost Legions' his omega reality warping personality escaped and is screwing with the X-Men on a bigger scale it wouldn't surprise me.It is far fetched but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Sex. How they are having it and who they are having it with. If they are having it at all...
    I think you win this thread.

That's probably what Moira is really afraid of. Her No-Place connects to Xavier's house, after all. I bet she makes him wear Cerebro during...

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    That it is revenge of 'Moira' the omnipotent personality of Legion in Age of X, remember then she also warped reality to have X-Men live in eternal war.Conspicuously we have not been shown Legion yet..if like in 'Lost Legions' his omega reality warping personality escaped and is screwing with the X-Men on a bigger scale it wouldn't surprise me.It is far fetched but possible.
    Great idea! I've wondered if Legion's "Moira" personality might be behind this...