Page 344 of 671 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw one image of this raven in internet but I thought that this happened with the other, I was wrong... Strange art, this will be very old..
    It's from the very sad 100th issue of New (Teen) Titans... where things only sort of just goes down-hill from this all the way to the last 130th issue.

Granted the art is strange but I have a hunch that it was supposed to evoke a kind of 'glow'... yeah like they were both very sweaty.

A question.. Would you like to see Hickman(New member of DC) in TT or Titans? I see the opposite reaction to Bendis..

http://community.comicbookresources....-at-DC-as-well
    Would? yes.
    Is it the first name I could think of as a replacement for Percy? No.
    What would I think he'd do with them? Launch them into space.

(Seriously though, I think Hickman is better suited to super-sciency stuff like LOSH, GL, Mr. Terrific, Cyborg or Omega Men. Heck, put him on a Fourth World book with Metron, that will make him happy.)
    Last edited by Outside_85; 11-08-2017 at 01:34 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm gonna point out that the arc with Raven, she was basically going around and impregnating / kidnapping her friends. It was REALLY weird.

I don't want to see Hickman on a Titans book. He's a great writer but it isn't a great fit.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

[QUOTE=Endsong;3220763]I'm gonna point out that the arc with Raven, she was basically going around and impregnating / kidnapping her friends. It was REALLY weird.

Yeah... and brainwashing a bunch of other ones. Plus she only started with superheroes when she tried on normal human that then went insane and literally exploded. (This is why back then Wolfman needed Perez to keep him sensible... also why I want to see Wolfman write a pure horror story with Raven rather than a high-school drama.)

Actually this makes me wonder why no one imported Control Freak from the cartoon... him trying to scare Raven with a parade of horror movies could be great fun. Like sticking Raven in the Ring next to the well and the ghost pops up and only gets a flat put down like: "The groans, the messy outfit, the wet hair and pale skin... you're adorable."

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't want to see Hickman on a Titans book. He's a great writer but it isn't a great fit.
    There is one thing in all of this new writer stuff we as fans are often omitting, the ability of a writer to turn out great even with a different kind of book to handle.
    As I said, Hickman doesn't feel like a great fit, based on his previous work... but who's to say he can't do TT, X-Men or something similar brilliantly?
    He can ofc mess it up... but then again TT did actually get a former X-Men writer with the New 52, and it was garbage... so bad the book hasn't really recovered yet.

He can ofc mess it up... but then again TT did actually get a former X-Men writer with the New 52, and it was garbage... so bad the book hasn't really recovered yet.
    I don't know, i'm not a fan of Lodbell's run, is clear that he lost interest around that lame Trigon arc, but i'm not sure if i would call it the worst (other than The Culling and Bar Torr, the rest of his run was just meh), McKeever and Henderson were far more painfull for me to sit througth, althougth JT Krul managed to turn the book around and ended it in a semi decent note.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't know, i'm not a fan of Lodbell's run, is clear that he lost interest around that lame Trigon arc, but i'm not sure if i would call it the worst (other than The Culling and Bar Torr, the rest of his run was just meh), McKeever and Henderson were far more painfull for me to sit througth, althougth JT Krul managed to turn the book around and ended it in a semi decent note.
    I think it was pretty clear he didn't have the interest to begin with considering his big ploy was to turn the Teen Titans into the X-Men of the 90'ties:
    -'lets have everyone hate and fear them'
    -'lets have weird government-people hunt them down for experimentation, weaponization and body-horror'
    -'lets throw in some weird, go nowhere romances and time travel!'

Lobdell is what I consider an outright evil for the Teen Titans.
    McKeever I tend to excuse because a lot of the junk in his run was editorially mandated.
    Henderson was just appalling writing from someone who had no clue.

Krul I agree was the last really bright run of the book, and probably the last time I really felt the team was where it was supposed to be to really move on... so ofc it ended prematurely..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Yeah... and brainwashing a bunch of other ones. Plus she only started with superheroes when she tried on normal human that then went insane and literally exploded. (This is why back then Wolfman needed Perez to keep him sensible... also why I want to see Wolfman write a pure horror story with Raven rather than a high-school drama.)
    It wasn't exactly on Wolfman. Editorial had been gaining power over the book since Titans Hunt, and a lot of the stuff, I believe, wasn't his call. Apparently, it got to the point where the editor on the book was coming up with all the story and plots and Wolfman was just writing what he was told. He was pretty miserable those last few years.

Astonishing Member

The Culling could have been good or at least decent. What kind of a moron thinks that adding time travel to a Hunger Games like scenario is a good idea? Lobdell got too clever for his own good and did even more stupidity in that run.

Titans Hunt was only suppose to last 6 issues but the editor at the time wanted to expand it further. That's how Hybrid was almost a spin out of Titans and why Art Thirber did the poster of Nightwing because it was a cross promotion for a Nightwing mini-series he was suppose to do. It is obvious Wolfman had other plans for some of the supporting cast and Danny Chase because this was also when Titans: Games was original planned and started. After reading Games it implied the Titans (Danny included) were going in a new direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Culling could have been good or at least decent. What kind of a moron thinks that adding time travel to a Hunger Games like scenario is a good idea? Lobdell got too clever for his own good and did even more stupidity in that run.
    To be honest I think the Culling was kneecapped right out the gate almost, by all the behind the scenes stuff that was going on with the New 52.
    -Like, in the original setup Lobdell was doing with his book, the Culling likely would have included Red Hood & the Outlaws. Because while Tim was gathering his team in TT, RH&O was slowly tying Jason's All-Caste teachers to Azar and Trigon.
    -Originally Lobdell had said we should have expected Raven to have returned around issue 8 of Teen Titans, but when the time came she didn't and it was revealed there were other plans for her.
    -So who appeared in issue 8 instead? The very goth-looking and very eye-less Omen who was both nuts and working for Harvest.

-I think in the original pitch Omen was actually supposed have been Raven, redoing what DC had been doing for so long and use Lilith when Raven wasn't available. RH&O would have been involved in the Culling and have ended up being where Raven would have found a place to stay... which makes her weird helmet costume make more sense (eyeless helmet for a girl with no eyes) and explains why Rocafort designed it rather than TT artist Brett Booth.

I dont know if the Culling could have been saved, it would still have resembled the X-Men too much for my liking, and the writing would still be pretty poor (all of it was back then). But many shifts and changes behind the scenes likely didn't help at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Actually this makes me wonder why no one imported Control Freak from the cartoon... him trying to scare Raven with a parade of horror movies could be great fun. Like sticking Raven in the Ring next to the well and the ghost pops up and only gets a flat put down like: "The groans, the messy outfit, the wet hair and pale skin... you're adorable."
    I could totally see this.

Or some supernatural serial killer like Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers going after her and her just floating up into the air and ignoring them. "I don't have time for this running and tripping crap..."

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I could totally see this.

Or some supernatural serial killer like Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers going after her and her just floating up into the air and ignoring them. "I don't have time for this running and tripping crap..."
    And the Jason lunges at her only to fall through a portal and en up in the lake.

He retweet something about the Teen Titans... This can be a Bad signal.. I remember that he is reading the TT of Geoff Johns..

Screen Shot 458.jpg

Both tittles in danger zone.. He will be in more than 1 comic:

Attachment 57643
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.

BANNED

He retweet something about the Teen Titans... This can be a Bad signal.. I remember that he is reading the TT of Geoff Johns..

Screen Shot 458.jpg

Attachment 57643
    Esxcellent, maybe we will get a writer who cares this time?

Astonishing Member

Screen Shot 458.jpg

Attachment 57643

Bendis being on Titans might give that series a new direction. I'm not sure where the story is headed right now and based on the most recent comic, I don't think I want to see whatever Abnett is planning.

As long as Bendis avoids the mistakes Johns made during his TT run, he could do a decent TT run.

Based on the image in that tweet, maybe BB, Raven and Starfire will be joining Dick on the Titans?Or will Bendis be writing Cyborg?