Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So far, we only seem to be seeing the bloody aftermaths. For all any of us know, those poor bastards could've been fighting to survive and protect their friends/loved ones/other innocent people for hours if not days before their willpower couldn't keep their bodies going anymore. It's just that since they're not the Spider-Men from Marvel's main continuities --- 616 and Ultimate --- they don't get lucky the way 616 Peter did.
    "Show don't tell." Slott doesn't seem to understand this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If this "event" is just going to be Morlun killing off alternate-universes Spider-Men/Women that Dan Slott doesn't personally care for, then it's going to get REALLY old REALLY fast. It just seems so pointless and mean-spirit (this issue DEFINATELY gave me those vibes). And it's a weak/clichéd premise for an even as well.
    I wonder if there isn't something bigger going on, though, and Slott is just playing into it. Marvel seems to be killing a LOT of alternate realities lately--there was a slew of casualties in the Deadpool Killogy, a bunch of Reed Richards died in Hickman's FF, and now a bunch of universes are being destroyed in his Avengers stuff. I wonder if Marvel is building to some kind of mandate that alternate realities will be GONE and Slott is taking advantage with one last hurrah with the other Spideys.

Really see no point in them killing off Amazing Friends. Seems like it's going a little too far.

It's like if they make a Mickey Mouse story where all the different iterations are getting axed, and one of those who is killed is the entirety of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

In Memoriam!

I think we can all rest safe with the fact that the Earths have different numbers. The Spiderfriends and Unlimited Peter are okay.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I wonder if there isn't something bigger going on, though, and Slott is just playing into it. Marvel seems to be killing a LOT of alternate realities lately--there was a slew of casualties in the Deadpool Killogy, a bunch of Reed Richards died in Hickman's FF, and now a bunch of universes are being destroyed in his Avengers stuff. I wonder if Marvel is building to some kind of mandate that alternate realities will be GONE and Slott is taking advantage with one last hurrah with the other Spideys.
    Nah I doubt that could be the case since this story shows us that even cartoons and live action universes are part of the comic multiverse so any time a new show or even video game is made, there'd be another universe.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait...What happened to Spider-Man Unlimited? Did he die?
    Yes and after Daemos killed him he started feeding on the Beastmen of Counter-Earth. It seems they count as Totems.

His sibling had come to retrieve him since he stayed in the Unlimited universe longer than he was suppose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    "Show don't tell." Slott doesn't seem to understand this idea.
    Actually, he does. He's "showing" us that the Inheritors are going around killing alternate Spider-Men. What else do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    One thing that baffles me is how none of the other spiders are putting up anywhere near as much of a fight as 616 Peter did against Morlun.
    Because they don't know what's going on and they are not strong enough to fight the Inheritors alone. The Inheritors can take down gods of goodness sake.

They only Spiders that are surviving are the ones that know they are being hunted. Like Otto's group and Spider-Man UK's group.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 10-08-2014 at 06:36 PM.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Nah I doubt that could be the case since this story shows us that even cartoons and live action universes are part of the comic multiverse so any time a new show or even video game is made, there'd be another universe.
    The Marvel Multiverse is truly infinite. You can alternative versions of alternative versions. For example, there are two versions of the Squadron supreme. Killing off one version doesn't mean the other one is gone.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

How was Unlimited killed?

IDK. He was dead when we saw him.
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Thanks for killing my childhood Dan.

One of Morlun's gang no doubt sucked the life out of him, then kept going on every other hybrid-animal on the planet. To him, it was an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Thanks for killing my childhood Dan.
    Old age killed mine.
    When the fire blows

We saw a Spider-Cat get noshed on, so why not the next logical step?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714-Ioa4XQw

(And I don't mean the actual Spider-Ham, but just a regular, nondescript barnyard pig with spider-powers)
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Saw the scans on scan daily, thanks Dan for helping me save 3.99. Also emac1790 is their are alternate versions of the variants. So I guess Spider-Girl will lose Benjy and Benjy will probably be eaten in one gulp by Morlun with Spider-Girl donning an all black costume and a dark attitude towards life complete with a trench coat.

Now I know why this event is driving me away, Its DC Countdown to Final Crisis all over again but with Morlun as Superboy Prime. I just hope Morlun yells out "I am a man, a man!" to "Everything was better on my world!"