Page 273 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I find it kind of fucked up his people have canned responses.
    I've canvassed many times, and, while there is usually a script it is mostly "Hello, I'm ____ with the ____ (camapign, organization, etc)and I'd like to ask if we can count on your vote this election"

As in, it's as much a survey and a get out the vote. Not a, here are the arguments why you should vote for this candidate and/or not vote for another candidate. If the person seems open to talking about the candidates, then by all means talk about the candidate. If not, don't push it.

Never have I encountered, been asked to speak badly about another Democrat (or even about the Republican).
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just watched an ad for Michael Bloomberg where the voiceover guy intones in so many words that he’s never taken any special interest money. Hearing that, I muttered, “Why should he? The guy’s a fucking billionaire! He doesn’t need to!”
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I find it kind of fucked up his people have canned responses.
    Yeah it's pretty sketchy to have a script that begins with the person being attacked being the second choice.

For a nontrivial number of Sanders people, there's gotta be a different second choice.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hillary was an overall more popular candidate. Biden really was a B tier guy who could never make any waves in a primary ever and was uninspired. Right now he's kinda riding Obama's coattails. If he gets the nom, he's going to be hit fucking hard by Republicans and it's going to be brutal with some of the **** he did and said in the past. That's what scares me about him.
    When it comes to this...

You have plenty of folks talking about how Sanders cannot win in a General Election.

What is there that points to that someone not named "Sanders" has lost the Democratic Presidential nomination, and then won the Presidency after winning the nomination down the line from when they had initially lost that nomination?

HRC lost the nomination to Obama, and then went on to lose to Trump when she eventually won the nomination.

What is there, specifically, that points to that Biden winning the nomination will lead to a different result?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just watched an ad for Michael Bloomberg where the voiceover guy intones in so many words that he’s never taken any special interest money. Hearing that, I muttered, “Why should he? The guy’s a fucking billionaire! He doesn’t need to!”
    Considering Bloomberg is the financial counter-weight to Trump's campaign money, and then some, I'm willing to cut him some slack. He's not getting the nomination, I'm fairly certain of that. But he may help push whichever Democrat does get the Nomination over the winning line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When it comes to this...

You have plenty of folks talking about how Sanders cannot win in a General Election.

What is there that points to that someone not named "Sanders" has lost the Democratic Presidential nomination, and then won the Presidency after winning the nomination down the line from when they had initially lost that nomination?

HRC lost the nomination to Obama, and then went on to lose to Trump when she eventually won the nomination.

What is there, specifically, that points to that Biden winning the nomination will lead to a different result?
    numberthirty: Everyone listen to my super awesome argument against Biden but totally ignore how damning it is against Sanders because I say to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    numberthirty: Everyone listen to my super awesome argument against Biden but totally ignore how damning it is against Sanders because I say to ignore it.
    Sanders is running competitively in a nomination process where folks on this thread were saying he was yesterday's news.

Never mind that Sanders won't be running against Trump as a former part of the Obama Administration.

So, "Damning..." is a pretty clear overstatement when we are talking about how General Elections(which Sanders has never ran in...) have played out.

When I was a kid, my father would often argue against voting for a third party candidate because they have no chance of winning. I would tell him that you don't get a prize for voting for the eventual winner and that you should vote for who you want to win, not who you think will win. Now I realize how voting for a third party in the general election only gives more votes to whoever wins. But in the primaries, it's different. So it really becomes quite simple. In the primaries, vote your conscience. In the general, vote pragmatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When I was a kid, my father would often argue against voting for a third party candidate because they have no chance of winning. I would tell him that you don't get a prize for voting for the eventual winner and that you should vote for who you want to win, not who you think will win. Now I realize how voting for a third party in the general election only gives more votes to whoever wins. But in the primaries, it's different. So it really becomes quite simple. In the primaries, vote your conscience. In the general, vote pragmatically.
    Politely, I'd say that there is no "Pragmatic" vote in a General Election when the choices have been selected by parties whose members make up maybe about a third of the bigger picture.

The process each of them has just taken part in willfully ignores the reality of who will potentially be voting in the General.

From the outskirts of "News"/"Politics"...

https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-endor...ampaign=CBR-TW

The Suicide Squad Director James Gunn Endorses Andrew Yang for President

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That all depends on your perspective of what pragmatism is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the outskirts of "News"/"Politics"...

https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-endor...ampaign=CBR-TW
    It hasn't even come out or released a trailer. Will it even be out before the next election?

Trump Demands That The Senate Not Hold His Impeachment Trial

The president has gone from demanding an impeachment trial to demanding an impeachment trial with witnesses to now wanting no impeachment trial at all. Trump wants Mitch McConnell to make it all go away.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Okay, this is just sad. The White House official Twitter account just posted, declaring they had their first snowfall of the year. But, its 54 over there and sunny.

Just... just why?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Okay, this is just sad. The White House official Twitter account just posted, declaring they had their first snowfall of the year. But, its 54 over there and sunny.

Just... just why?
    I double-checked to make sure it isn't snowing at Mar-A-Lago, by a longshot. It ain't. Or at Bedminster. Or at Trump Tower.

Oh, and Moscow is close, but not quite.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.