Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Okay, now hear me out before facepalming, but what if Norman Osborn ended up, in the attempt to restore Goblin powers, turning himself into an actual Goblin monster, like in Ultimate Spider-Man? (comics and TV show)?
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Okay, now hear me out before facepalming, but what if Norman Osborn ended up, in the attempt to restore Goblin powers, turning himself into an actual Goblin monster, like in Ultimate Spider-Man? (comics and TV show)?
    personally, I wouldn't like it. I didn't even like it in the Ultimate Universe. he's more dangerous when he can transition back to his civilian identity, imo. it makes him more like Peter/Spider-man.

What was wrong with Ultimate Green Goblin transforming and not wearing a suit, anyways?

Ugh, the last thing I want for Marvel to do is make 616 Osborn into the Hulk Goblin from the Ultimate Universe .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm...Cautiously optimistic about this Norman Osborn story, I haven't been totally impressed with Slott's stories recently, though at least Clone Conspiracy has been better that's not really saying much IMO. I just hope he delivers. Especially with the price we'll have to pay for issue 25.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    Osborn without the Goblin madness, just a cold and calculating man who is also one of the smartest people on earth.
    So basically, a Goblinless, Lex Luthor knockoff Norman Osborn.

Fantastic Member

Norman without the Goblim IMO

Think Steve Bushemi in Con Air type crazy - but in a 10k suit

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What was wrong with Ultimate Green Goblin transforming and not wearing a suit, anyways?
    Plenty, it was more like a Hulk/Abomination clone than anything to do with the actual Green Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Plenty, it was more like a Hulk/Abomination clone than anything to do with the actual Green Goblin.
    Okay, forget about the mechanics of the superpowers. What about the character?

Okay, forget about the mechanics of the superpowers. What about the character?
    Well, I think Osborn is as defined by his mask as much as Peter is defined by his, so having him wear an actual costume is important for the character (at least, 616 Osborn) and Goblin suit and all the assorted gadgets are just a part of who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think Osborn is as defined by his mask as much as Peter is defined by his, so having him wear an actual costume is important for the character (at least, 616 Osborn) and Goblin suit and all the assorted gadgets are just a part of who he is.
    Why's that?

I personally thought the characters acted more as foils to each other in what they chose to make out of their new lives.

Why's that?

I personally thought the characters acted more as foils to each other in what they chose to make out of their new lives.
    And part of the nature of how they are foils of each other is the masks they wear and how they use them, and how that effects those around them differently.

Why's that?

Norman feels more comfortable using that Goblin suit, because deep down he is a monster with human apperance (of course Norman would never call himself a monster), a costume that he wears to satisfied his need and fanstasies of power, unlike Peter that put into a costume out of a sense of responsability (not guilt as many people seem to believe, even Bendis got that part right). Make him a hulk monster with fire powers and all the subtlety goes away, to give credit to that version, they did an okay Pre-Goblin Norman Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And part of the nature of how they are foils of each other is the masks they wear and how they use them, and how that effects those around them differently.
    Ultimate Green Goblin could transform back and forth at will. Wouldn't that accomplish the same?

Ultimate Green Goblin could transform back and forth at will. Wouldn't that accomplish the same?
    Not really. I think there's a distinct difference between putting on a Goblin mask and transforming into a giant Hulk Goblin.