Page 386 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 2863363763823833843853863873883893903964364868861386 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The most frightening thing about Gohmert is his former profession.

I looked it up on wikipedia because I was curious about what he was doing before he got elected to Congress.

He was a judge.
    Heck, Roy Moore keeps getting to be a judge on Alabama's Supreme Court.

Note to self: Add Roy Moore to the queue, he ran for Alabama governor within the past 5 years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    That's the kind of thinking that leads to silly "Send socks to Tsunami victims" campaigns instead of just writing a check to the Red Cross or Doctors Without Borders who know what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Do repairs on a neighbor's house that can't afford to do it themselves. Sacrifice your Christmas to give a family whose parent is in jail a decent Christmas. Help repair a playground that the community has neglected.

Do something physically. Give your time. Sometimes time is more precious than money.
    Did you even read my follow up post? I only support causes where I know the money is going...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Did you even read my follow up post? I only support causes where I know the money is going...
    Some of the most urgent needs in the world will always be somewhere were you cannot personally supervise the use of your money.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Some of the most urgent needs in the world will always be somewhere were you cannot personally supervise the use of your money.
    Private charity is often an exercise in control for the giver anyways. Having been on the receiving end of such instances of 'private charity', I can say it sucks ass.

I mean, ****. Look at all the moral panic in this country over any time that someone using food stamps might buy something 'luxury', that is to say, 'in some way we don't approve of'.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-01-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if Michael Brown murder will fire up voters and swing elections.

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    I wonder if Michael Brown murder will fire up voters and swing elections.
    With some of the politicians involved in Missouri, at least.

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(And please, for those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement is defensible, remember, I'm still challenging you to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, you have to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 45-0, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Lindsey Graham

The Senior Senator from South Carolina, Lindsey Graham is someone that somehow flies under the kooky radar, through just being inconsistently and unpredictably crazy. He most often draws laughs for sounding like one of the less desirable of Scarlett’s suitors from Gone With the Wind. One minute, he’ll intelligently explain that the Tea Party won’t be sustainable for a long term because the movement has no unified vision for our government, or mention that there’s really no weight behind the charges of supposed targeting of Tea Party groups by the IRS, then talk about immigration reform as something possible…. And the next minute, he’s delving into conspiracy theories about Benghazi, or predicting imminent terrorist attacks (that don’t ever happen). It’s the warmongering, really, that seems to be his thing.

Lindsey Graham graduated from law school with a J.D. in 1981, and then served in the United States Air Force from 1982-1988 as a judge advocate, sent to Europe to work as a military prosecutor. He was an Air Force Reservist and during the Gulf War, called up to active duty to debrief Operation Desert Storm pilots in the laws of war. He would later be engaged in controversy over this, when it was noted in 1998 that his website had him listed as a “Operation: Desert Storm Veteran”, in spite of the fact that he never left South Carolina during the conflict. Graham explained it away, saying, “I never said I was a combatant.

Graham was elected to the U.S. House in 1995, holding South Carolina’s 3rd District seat until 2003. At that time, the late great pro-segregation advocate Strom Thurmond had announced he was retiring from the Senate at the ripe old age of 100, and Graham zoomed in to move into the upper chamber, where he quickly allied himself with Senators John McCain, and Joe Lieberman, forming the “Three Amigos” of the Senate, as they were nicknamed. The trio together proved themselves to be some of the biggest hawks during the “War on Terror”, appearing practically weekly on one of the Sunday morning news shows, almost in a rotation from network to network in a cycle. And that, is where the real adventures of Lindsey Graham being a bit scary begin.

And of course, in my conclusion to this list, I have to go ahead and point out the depressing fact that in spite of Lindsey Graham being anti-LGBT rights, very pro-choice, having reverse course and being against climate change research, etc. etc…. South Carolina Republicans censured him in 2014 for not being conservative enough. They couldn’t manage to unseat him in the GOP Primary, though. It might have had something to do with one of his opponents being a reality show star who’s also an ex-convict (for cocaine possession with the intent to sell, no less!) and another, a former Spartanburg Police Officer Dave Feliciano saying that the people of South Carolina should be tired of their “ambiguously gay senator”.

No word on whether he would be Ace or Gary.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    With some of the politicians involved in Missouri, at least.
    I think that is almost guaranteed, I was wonder more about the red states with high minority populations.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You just gotta love crazy ass chickenhawks like Graham who's hot to have the U.S. go to war somewhere, ANYWHERE. Problem is, bombing any country or regime nutsacks like him don't like back to the Stone Age doesn't solve anything, but only makes the situation worse, especially in the Middle East which has been a clusterfuck ever since the Last Supper and will most likely STILL be a mess when James T. Kirk is boldly going where no man has gone before. Getting more involved in that unholy quagmire than we already are now is a no-win proposition, but fools like Graham don't seem to understand that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You just gotta love crazy ass chickenhawks like Graham who's hot to have the U.S. go to war somewhere, ANYWHERE. Problem is, bombing any country or regime nutsacks like him don't like back to the Stone Age doesn't solve anything, but only makes the situation worse, especially in the Middle East which has been a clusterfuck ever since the Last Supper and will most likely STILL be a mess when James T. Kirk is boldly going where no man has gone before. Getting more involved in that unholy quagmire than we already are now is a no-win proposition, but fools like Graham don't seem to understand that.

"Someone said, 'we can't just bomb,'" he said, speaking about an ABC panel he was on. "You know, why don't we just [bomb?] We know where ISIS is. What’s the harm of bombing them at least for a few weeks and seeing what happens? I don’t think there’s much in the way of unanticipated side effects that are going to be bad there. We could kill a lot of very bad guys!"
    Bill Kristol on our foreign policy.

Also, WBE, Jesus Christ that giant Lindsey Graham photo needs some kind of spoiler tag or something because oh god my eyes.

BANNED

graham is definitely a chickenhawk, but i feel that some of it is an attempt show how much of a 'man' he is to fight off the subtle and not-so-subtle suggestions that he's gay from both sides of the ideological aisle

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Another brain dead moron who just doesn't get it. For every ISIS bad guy we kill, a dozen more would take his place, and nothing gets solved. That's the problem with a "Rolling Thunder" strategy in the Middle East, it'd be nothing more than a recruiting tool and an incubator for legions of crazed fanatics willing to kill and die for their twisted beliefs. THAT is the sort of "side effect" we'd have to deal with, and, chances are, it WOULD be bad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    How about we just all agree that when someone magically pops up in this thread making a claim while refusing to post evidence to support it we just ignore that person?
    I like the way Snrub thinks.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Also, WBE, Jesus Christ that giant Lindsey Graham photo needs some kind of spoiler tag or something because oh god my eyes.
    Bill Kristol is someone I absoletely would profile... if he ever was allowed to run for office. I have no idea why the hell anyone in the GOP ever listens to him. Like... maybe once, I could get... but he's so impressive about being consistently wrong about decisions that cost thousands of American lives, hundreds of thousands of lives in other countries, and billions of dollars. He's a complete f*** up, yet remains an "expert".