Page 215 of 432 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I really doubt Tom would be writing the Moira book...
    What makes you doubt it? Bleeding Cool is expecting that it is him.

Who knows whether the Bleeding Cool rumor about Taylor doing the Moira book will be true (though didn't BC have the rumor about Hickman taking over the X-books way before it was ever announced - like a year or two before?) Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Tom would do well with an X-book, Moira or not. I'd like to see him write another hopeful x-series.

If he did write a Moira book and it spanned through Moira's continuity in 616 then there would be opportunities to use Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What makes you doubt it? Bleeding Cool is expecting that it is him.
    It feels like a weird fit for him. I don't see why they would bring him back to the X-Line if not to do something with Jean or Laura/Gabby. And the way Hickman said he always had someone in mind for the Moira book but didn't know if they could get him... Idk, it seemed like a writer he knows and has some sort of relationship with, which maybe he does with Taylor and I don't know.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Looking at that Mystique pic got me thinking. How many times did Marvel tease Jean's return when she died?

1. Phoenix Endsong
    2. Phoenix Warsong
    3. Secret Invasion
    4. Mutant Zero in Avengers: Initiative
    5. Messiah Complex
    6. Sisterhood
    7. Second Coming
    8. Chaos War
    9. AvX
    10. Battle of the Atom
    11. Secret Wars
    12. Jean Grey solo - the final time where it actually ended up being true

I know Im missing some. What else was there?
    Avengers: Children's Crusade had Jean with the heroes that Doom was going to resurrect with the Life Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

Tom Taylor
    @TomTaylorMade
    Hmmm. Wouldn’t it be interesting if @Rogeantonio and I had something else in the works together...
    (Watch this space)
    Oh man, I would love to see Tom Taylor continue his work with Jean. The way he allowed her to travel new ground and build her character connections. We got to see an on panel friendship with Kurt, that I became quite fond of.

He also gave me on panel interaction between my favorite "wish it were" ship, Steve Rogers and Jean.

His Jean was daring, inventive, empathetic and crafty in her own way. I'd love to continue reading his Jean Grey.

BANNED

It feels like a weird fit for him. I don't see why they would bring him back to the X-Line if not to do something with Jean or Laura/Gabby. And the way Hickman said he always had someone in mind for the Moira book but didn't know if they could get him... Idk, it seemed like a writer he knows and has some sort of relationship with, which maybe he does with Taylor and I don't know.
    Well, it could be that he didn't get the writer he was thinking of as well.

Taylor has shown a reliability for working with empowered female heroes. It's totally him.

Ultimate Member

Then again that Jean could only work if she was as far removed from the rest of the X-Men as she possibly could be, and there were flaws with that version as well so I'd rather it not be about Jean...

Sneak peak of a variant cover for Hellions #3. Madelyne tearing Jean’s classic Phoenix costume to pieces. I know variants can have no canon implications but hopefully this variant is an indicator of a Maddy/Jean storyline to come.

Attachment 97978

Tweeted by a senior press editor at Comic Watch. Tweet below.

https://twitter.com/rphutch1975/stat...836696576?s=21

BANNED

Eeeeh let's hope not. Maddie needs to become a character outside of forcing Jean to fight her over Cyclops dumping her. And Jean could use new stories rather than repeating old stuff.

lol doubt this has anything to do w/ the issue at all dw . just a lil fun

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    What about the Astonishing X-men preview (the black and white image of Cyclops standing in front of Jean with phoenix raptor and Scott saying something like (not exact quote) "At a time like this... to feel nothing at all not even surprise." It was a fakeout on Marvel's page and it was right before the reveal in Astonishing about Colossus being back from the "dead".

Someone has to have this saved somewhere. I probably have it on an old computer somewhere. It was the very first tease about Jean since her last appearance in New X-men 154.

BANNED

Expecting Mike Carey or Kyle/Yost tbh. Didn't he already approach Gillen? He seems to have an affinity for post-HOM writers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Expecting Mike Carey or Kyle/Yost tbh. Didn't he already approach Gillen? He seems to have an affinity for post-HOM writers.
    Isn't Carey too busy? I heard that's why he wasn't doing anything with the recent series and the other writers as a using his ideas for the Children of the Vault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Sneak peak of a variant cover for Hellions #3. Madelyne tearing Jean’s classic Phoenix costume to pieces. I know variants can have no canon implications but hopefully this variant is an indicator of a Maddy/Jean storyline to come.

Attachment 97978

I think that cover delivery means something. Inferno wasn’t over until Jean retook the Phoenix fragment Maddy had after Massey killed herself. Maddy was always more than just a Jean Grey clone. She was a Phoenix fragment. Even the captions in X-Man referred to her as a smoldering ember of the star spanning Phoenix force fanned to full flames by Nate Grey’s lonely desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post

Attachment 97978

Full variant cover to Hellions 3 has been unveiled. Even if the cover has no bearing on the story, it’s still a very cool piece.

Attachment 97983