Page 236 of 432 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If the written intent by the writer at the time wasn't "sexual harassment" then it wasn't "sexual harassment"
    Regardless of how you want to "read" it now because society now dictates it to be thus.

And if you are going to cast such aspersions on the story, then be mindful you are casting serious aspersions on the writer for writing highly objectionable material and...going by today's (warped) ideologies and sensibilities, should be "cancelled" forthwith and post haste.
    It wasn't intended as that, but i think that is understandable if makes some people uncomfortable. Personally speaking, i don't have a problem with people that like the relationship, i'm not the moral police and i have enjoyed the pairing in other contexts (plus some of my ships are stuff that is not exaclty pure vanilla or clean), but i have my reservations about the pairing in the main universe and i.undertand why other would have then too.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-08-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    That sounds iffy. Why does Jean having the "sexual agency" to sleep with someone while being in a marriage make her interesting. No bad answer, I'm just curious! Was she boring because she didnt cheat and all the other stuff she did like being a hero in the past half-century was meaningless...?
    It's more interesting to see her seeking out a lover and not being pursued. But in terms of being interesting, I meant more than just that. Her part in X-Force has just been really refreshing to me lately. Maybe it's the absence of Cyclops. For instance, in HoX she was pretty useless and for some reason the damsel in distress.

Also, we need to talk about this "cheating" that some members are referencing. It is judgmental and reeks of sexism to paint her as being unfaithful when all signs are pointing to this all being in the open and consensual. I appreciate that you're trying to have an open discussion, but at the same time... ya'll need to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    this is freaking offensive

just because she is a on mono doesn't make her boring. But making her date Logan is really boring and offensive, same for Scott
    I find you being wrong about everything freaking offensive.

I’m offended by people who find everything offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It's more interesting to see her seeking out a lover and not being pursued. But in terms of being interesting, I meant more than just that. Her part in X-Force has just been really refreshing to me lately. Maybe it's the absence of Cyclops. For instance, in HoX she was pretty useless and for some reason the damsel in distress.

Also, we need to talk about this "cheating" that some members are referencing. It is judgmental and reeks of sexism to paint her as being unfaithful when all signs are pointing to this all being in the open and consensual. I appreciate that you're trying to have an open discussion, but at the same time... ya'll need to grow up.
    sure it is us that put headcanon over a character with a very tigh and established chaarcterization.

she still being pursued

I find you being wrong about everything freaking offensive.
    Harassment and sexism are offensive.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I personally find it quite amusing the notion of how the young'uns are reading decades-old stories and are being triggered and offended by what they read.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-08-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I personally find it quite amusing how the young'uns are reading decades-old stories and are being triggered and offended by what they read.
    I would more worried if young people didn't found it offensive, what is wrong is wrong.

I'm so sorry that the highly chaste Sister Grey has slept with a second man in fifty years, but not sorry for the many times we've killed her over and over again. Destroy her body and flesh. Explode her, infect her, disintegrate her. But don't let her have sex with Wolverine. WAHHHHHHHH!!!

I'm so sorry that the highly chaste Sister Grey has slept with a second man in fifty years, but not sorry for the many times we've killed her over and over again. Destroy her body and flesh. Explode her, infect her, disintegrate her. But don't let her have sex with Wolverine. WAHHHHHHHH!!!
    that i snever what I said. This way is impossible to have a serious discussion

To be fair, a lot of people would argue that she derserves someone better than Wolverine (and better than Scott, but i'm not touching that one). Funny enought, both Logan and Scott would probably agreed with that assesment.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, a lot of people would argue that she derserves someone better than Wolverine (and better than Scott, but i'm not touching that one). Funny enought, both Logan and Scott would probably agreed with that assesment.
    i'm one of them. But people go ver with I 'm prude and only accept jean as prude.

Know me before saying things (not for you)

But I find really laughable that jean being with a guy that harassed her and slept with so many women and the guy who cheated on her is even considered sexual agency.
    Marvel universe must have more male characters than Logan and Scott for Jean.

Wolverine agreed with it in this very issue. But she still wanted him, and took him anyway. Like the empowered female character she is. Some have such a hard time with that. Probably not packing much down below. That usually explains it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That’s when you get into Jean on female territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wolverine agreed with it in this very issue. But she still wanted him, and took him anyway. Like the empowered female character she is. Some have such a hard time with that. Probably not packing much down below. That usually explains it.
    I don't have a problem with jean having sexual agency, but it is out of character. She needs to date nd have a serious relationship

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's not for them to decide who is better for her or even chose for her. She is her own woman making her own choices. As is her right, whether they disagree with her or not.
    The fact that some do vociferously disagree speaks to a level of personal entitlement as if the writer and the characters are there solely to cater to them and them alone.
    Tenuous sanity, indeed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!