Page 77 of 149 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Thanks. Those attacks were really vicious, then. He was not doing bad and wanted to do good.
    There wasn't any vicious attacks. people were educate and he just screwed up things

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There wasn't any vicious attacks. people were educate and he just screwed up things
    Please, allow me to trust Gilo's explanations over yours.

Please, allow me to trust Gilo's explanations over yours.
    doesn't mean he is saying the truth, never saw anyone attacking Hickman people were explaining it to him.

we have to stop saying that fans asking things politely to writers is harassment. female writers have much worse and still are on twitter

doesn't mean he is saying the truth, never saw anyone attacking Hickman people were explaining it to him.

we have to stop saying that fans asking things politely to writers is harassment. female writers have much worse and still are on twitter
    As I said before, because you did not see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    I tweeted him twice, and a few time I lurked his twitter account's comments. Some fans were really harsh to him, even with name calling.

If the fans were being so polite why was Vita Ayala angry with them

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If the fans were being so polite why was Vita Ayala angry with them
    Because she wanted to defend Hickman? i saw no reason for that

As I said before, because you did not see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    I tweeted him twice, and a few time I lurked his twitter account's comments. Some fans were really harsh to him, even with name calling.
    That is a minority, female writers get a lot more worse death and rape threats
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Spirit, assume you are going to have to put up with Hickman for a long time, just like we put up with you in this thread.

Spirit, assume you are going to have to put up with Hickman for a long time, just like we put up with you in this thread.
    The difference is that Hickman has actually said something positive about Cyclops at least once, which is much more than Spirit. Isn't this supposed to be an appreciation thread?
    Dark does not mean deep.

He won't last more than 2 years

BANNED

Please, don't bring lies to our thread. People were literally saying Hickman was unworthy of his job, should quit immediately and many variations of *******, arrogant and such adjectives, without any sort of subtlety, some even calling him a racist. Maybe some of them deleted their tweets when you got to it, but I saw the tweets and nearly NOBODY was being educate.

It is, however, quite telling that you show up to a thread of a character you hate because people are defending a writer you obviously don't like and you want to defend the people harassing him again.

It gave me the feeling that they were people who were already angry with him from before and looked for any reason.

Also, Hickman already had a very low activity on Twitter so I don't think he noticed much of the difference either. As I said, it had been a while since he only tweeted black and white images from movies (I don't know why).
    I follow some of the X-twitter people who attacked him. The ones I follow were fans but somehow projected their views on activism on him and they were disappointed in what he didn't say as much as the things he eventually said re: Black Lives Matter and the recent issues going on. Personally, I wish more folks in comics would proudly declare BLM but I would never demand someone to use their platform in the way I think they should.. some of the x-twitter folks I follow eventually apologized to Hickman or made tweets saying they regretted their behavior (because of Vita and Leah's defense).

The whole thing was surreal... I think people were so emotionally engaged and just needed to take a beat. I think the problem too is that some fans look up to creators and view them as celebrities in a way. My thing is to leave creators a lone and if you have contact keep it professional. I also don't expect creators to share all of my views and I realize some are not social activists (and maybe some are active in more of a behind the scenes sort of way).

Anywho... I like Hickman's Cyclops so far. I know some of us want more, but at least Cyclops gets used and he does have an important role in the mutant nation.

BANNED

So, Cyclops is going to be in that Venom crossover about Knull, King in Black.

I hope he's actually well written. Cates has a good grasp on Logan, Spidey and Venom, but I wonder how he'd handle Cyclops. I'm really glad we'll see Scott as a big name in an event outside of X-Men. And I need to catch up on Venom.

I never read marvel cross overs or bother to follow them. Is always the same characters in them.
    The only one was venom with the young 05. That one was interesting. Wounder if Venom and Cyclops going to hang out like bros.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I hope he's actually well written. Cates has a good grasp on Logan, Spidey and Venom, but I wonder how he'd handle Cyclops. I'm really glad we'll see Scott as a big name in an event outside of X-Men. And I need to catch up on Venom.
    Apparently Cyclops is his favorite X-Men (and Wolverine) so chances are that his take is decent at least.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm quite curious as well. Also his inclusion is quite a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I never read marvel cross overs or bother to follow them. Is always the same characters in them.
    The only one was venom with the young 05. That one was interesting. Wounder if Venom and Cyclops going to hang out like bros.
    A reference to that past arc would be somewhat nice. However, it feels like wishful thinking.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-11-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia