Page 554 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 544545045445505515525535545555565575585646046541054 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 16893

Good lord. I go and watch a great movie, Wakanda Forever! ... And I come back to find an Android Screaming About Electric Sheep.

What cruel world have come into.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well, if we're lore-building, here's Zaofan's personal code, which reflects a lot of his interactions with the others.

The Twelve Philosophies of Cooking

1. FIGHT FOR FOOD INTEGRITY
    Cooks and chefs have been on the front lines for change in standards and what information is provided. It is up to a good cook to communicate that information properly.

2. FRESH IS ALWAYS BETTER
    Traditional and unorthodox often go together very well. Acknowledge fresh ideas, fresh approaches, fresh talent, but also work with what you know. Innovation isn't just about the new, but about the harmony between the new and the known.

3. GREAT COOKING IS A BUSINESS OF RELATIONSHIPS
    Chefs lead the charge towards making connections with the source, learning how their ingredients are raised or grown, and giving credit where credit is due. Recognize relationships - - develop and cultivate them. After all, the farmer determines the quality of the restaurant meal; the truck driver supplies the meal; the shopkeeper sells the meal; the chef translates and curates the meal. The meal is the sum of their efforts.

4. PROFESSIONALISM = RESPECT
    We can hold our heads high because people are learning to respect the cook for his or her skill and the creative spirit that exists in kitchens. And that includes everyone the cook considers a colleague. Recognize the collective skills in the kitchen and consider how they improve the kitchen overall.

5. DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION ALWAYS WINS
    Kitchens have grown to become the most diverse work environments around, whether it be background, level of skill, or even type of skill.

6. NUTRITION IS IMPORTANT
    Whenever possible, aim for the best balance between flavor and healthy. Nurture the soul and the mind as well as the body. Not all healthy foods are good for the soul; not all tasty foods are good for the body. Moderation and discipline are important.

7. FOOD SAFETY IS A MORAL OBLIGATION
    Take responsibility for your actions and for the well being of your staff and diners. You are the ambassador, but also the custodian and caretaker of the restaurant.

8. CHEFS NEEDS TO BE LEADERS AND NOT DICTATORS
    Chefs know that if they are to be successful it is imperative that they build, develop, and retain an effective, cohesive team. This takes leadership, but also requires the wisdom to know when to be the Executive Chef, when to be the Sous Chef, when to be the Waiter, and when to be the Dishwasher; but above all know that each role is vital to the success of the restaurant -- the Executive Chef can not create their finest work without clean plates. Take pride. Be humble.

9. NOW WE UNDERSTAND FLAVOR
    Understand the science, intention, reason, and nuance behind cooking. Learning the how and the why makes all of us better at our craft.

10. REAL COOKS SHARE AND TEACH
    An important part of our job is to develop others, to share what we know, and to take on the role of teacher. Knowledge should be accumulated, but also passed on. Knowledge for self is admirable, but knowledge to be horded stifles growth of everyone around you.

11. FOOD IS AN INTELLECTUAL PROFESSION, AS WELL AS A TACTILE ONE
    Cooking is both a scholarly discipline and a trade. Cooking is not just the preparation of food, but the transfer of past traditions to the present, the knowledge of what can please and nurture diners, the thrill of experimentation, and the culture of sharing abundance with community. Pursuing food as an academic endeavor or as way to feed your family does not require an expensive degree, but above all else it requires an open mind. Anyone can cook well but only the best will pour their heart and soul into the dish -- this is why your humble grandmother from the village will always beat the fancy gourmet chef with her finest dish.

12. FOOD CAN AND SHOULD BE AN EXPERIENCE
    The dining experience involves a connection with all of the human senses; it is one of the few things that can activate all senses simultaneously. To know what you like is to be true to yourself.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-14-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    YES.

I can do that.
    And then I instantly went to bed.

And then I instantly went to bed.
    Just working on that, "Held is lazy", lore ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Name: The Snake Mistress of Coral Canyon

Race/Species: Human

Height/Weight: 5'7" ft 184 lbs

Appearance: taki-broken-destiny-gauntlet.jpeg

Power Level: ??

Style: Snake School Assassination Arts

Techniques

Naga Palm

Venom Mist

Constrictor Lock- A ki technique that involves sending spiraling energy coils around an opponents body, slowly absorbing their ki as well as strangling them. Often used to for torture.

Anaconda Maw: A ki blast shot from the mouth. Large an all encompasisng, it's used for obliterating enemies without a trace.

Incomplete Yamata no Orochi Fist- The final technique of Doku. The one he never managed to perfect. Powerful, albeit incomplete. The Snake Mistress attempted to perfect it, but never succeeded. Martial Arts historians, however have uncovered hints that she may have passed it on to her students. No one truly knows if they managed to perfect the maneuver.

Special: (This is where you list something special, if anything, your character can do/has. Telepathy, regeneration, etc...)

History The youngest ever to achieve the title of Grand Assassin of the Snake School, she's also the first in many years to not ascend to her position through...illiciting means. Strength and cunning alone, earned her a spot above peers and it was this strength and cunning thay kept them in line...and also for the first time in many years turned treachery into respect.

She upheld the traditions of the Snake School to her last breath, kill this who needed to be killed in order to mainta in 'balance'...so long as that balance favored the Snake School. She did seed several new traditions into the school's teachings during her reign. Namely; Be willing to turn betray, be willing to lie...but always honor your bothers and sisters. Let them be the true recipients of your honor and respect.

Other: Many historians have attempted to uncover her true name, but from what they can tell it was erased from history long before she even became head of the Snake School. One scholar joked that if this were a story, the author probably got too lazy to think up a name and just stuck with a cool title instead.

He was immediately fired from his university and discredited for his tomfoolery.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 03-15-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Just working on that, "Held is lazy", lore ?
    To understand the man, I must indeed understand his mindset.

To understand the man, I must indeed understand his mindset.
    Truly you are devoted to your craft.

Arx Inosaan

Name: Hebito

Race/Species: Human

Height/Weight: 6'3" 227 lbs

Appearance: Sneck.jpg

Power Level: ??

Style: Snake School Assassination Arts

Techniques

Naga Palm

Viper Sniper: A long range attack in which a shot of paralyzing, venomit's ki is shot into a vital point of the opponent. An expert at masking his ki Hebito made this ability nigh-undetectable.

Sidewinding Step: A technique used to dodge incoming attacks when closing in on an opponent, utilized by Hebito closing his eyes to give rise to his other senses. Often followed up by an up close Viper Sniper and a suplex.

Joint Yamata no Orochi Fist: A desperation attack used in tandem with his twin sister Hebiko in an attempt to combine their power to complete their sensei's technique.

Items: (what your character has on them. This includes weapons)

Special: (This is where you list something special, if anything, your character can do/has. Telepathy, regeneration, etc...)

History Hebito was one of the Snake Mistress' top three students along with his sister Hebiko and relative newcomer Sasheem. He had a long running sibling rivalry with his sister that had just begun to simmer before their master seemed to aquire a new favorite. Furious that some bizarre monster would be allowed among their ranks, he and his sister often set put to prove that the Majin was not cut out for their Schoil, often to be proven wrong.

Eventually the two had no choice but to respect the Majin's power and even eventually grew accustomed to calling him one of their brothers. Hebito was often arrogant and quick to anger, but this trait paled in comparison to his loyalty and love of the Snake School and the unique prestige it held among it's peers.

Other:

Astonishing Member

Held: Powering up via Nevadian Bureaucracy.

Kami: Suck it Jiren.

Arx Inosaan

Chou: : Reads, Sees Zaofan mentioning Chou is trying to patch things up.:
    : Acknowledges someone said it. Smile.:

Cleric, the master story teller. :Thumbs Up:!
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cleric, the master story teller. :Thumbs Up:!

Thanks, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to do her backstory justice. I also really wanted to showcase a bit of world building of what happened in the past and Totoma’s request was the perfect chance.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

We'll liking the backstory with Kami thus far, and Cromwell's were mentioned, interesting. Least we have her name now.