Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    To be fair, I thought the ending of Astonishing was nice, but I'd mostly rather someone else got Uncanny *cough Kelly Thompson cough*
    I didnt read all of astonishing. I was happy to see banshee was back though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Better by a good mile.
    Talk to the claws, man.

BANNED

Better by a good mile.
    Average at best, like gugenheim

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Average at best, like gugenheim
    blasphemy. no one has written anything on Guggenheim level.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Guggster does not write. He does an incantation to fuse Claremont's nail clippings with clay, creating scripts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    blasphemy. no one has written anything on Guggenheim level.
    To be fair, you need to have a very high iq to understand Marc gugenheim... Yeah I'm doing that, still, he isn't chuck austen but guggs writing was nothing special...

I never said it wasn't the way business work. However it's still true they attempted to destroy the franchise.
    I do not find that believable on any conceivable level. Call me an idiot if you want, but that makes no sense, both from simple common sense and logic, the way that confirmation bias works, and how the internet can distort information.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I do not find that believable on any conceivable level. Call me an idiot if you want, but that makes no sense, both from simple common sense and logic, the way that confirmation bias works, and how the internet can distort information.
    it doesnt matter if it makes sense or not. it still was a thing and widely discussed:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/27/...o-watch-x-men/

per xm studio collectibles:

Folks, it’s been a sad day for us… due to reasons we aren’t at liberty to disclose, we have been asked to put a hard stop to all X-Men characters for now. Still, we continue to have faith that this isn’t an indefinite red light forever and you can have our promise we will be back to producing these dream pieces once the coast is clear – no matter how long it takes! No Fantastic 4 too . . . same reason.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davegon.../#54d7b21a2b51

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marv...our-71801.html

To destroy a franchise, you must destroy the source of the franchise. The books. X-Books were never threatened, and the FF were built back up again. Merch restrictions loosened before any company mergers. All conspiracies to destroy the franchises and make them go bye-bye 4eva are made up in your brains.

Or maybe they're not, and Alonso intentionally put Panic on the X-Line in hopes it would die like the Ultimate Universe. All it would take is a few duffle bags of cocaine to get Lemire on board, but where can a comic book editor get so much powder? The answer is clear. Brevoort's hat. The very same hat that I believe was used to suck up dozens of X-toy molds into a black hole. Yeezus Murphy, my fellow muties, we've cracked this case wide open. The Hasbro Illuminati can't escape now!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Talk to the claws, man.
    Laura has more or less had somewhat of a family for give or take four years and now there's a kid sister. At some point she's going to pick up some relaxed language and behaviors.

it doesnt matter if it makes sense or not. it still was a thing and widely discussed:

Folks, it’s been a sad day for us… due to reasons we aren’t at liberty to disclose, we have been asked to put a hard stop to all X-Men characters for now. Still, we continue to have faith that this isn’t an indefinite red light forever and you can have our promise we will be back to producing these dream pieces once the coast is clear – no matter how long it takes! No Fantastic 4 too . . . same reason.

Why people waste time pretending this didn't happen is beyond me.

Is it unchecked brand devotion or something?

I doubt the Federalist is a credible source of information. Besides, having a "Bat embargo" of sorts on a specific franchise in certain media does not equal trying to kill it off. Was Marvel hoping to make the Inhumans their next superstar and scaling back X-Men stuff to get the resources and spotlight for it? Probably. Were they trying to destroy the X-Men to do that? No.

Laura has more or less had somewhat of a family for give or take four years and now there's a kid sister. At some point she's going to pick up some relaxed language and behaviors.
    Seconded.

Maybe it's easier to believe that then the truth?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It's more that he is being given all the projects, rather than fans wanting him on all the projects.
    Thank you, LOL.

Where's Jonathan Hickman when you need him?

It forces people to accept that "their" brand is a soulless, capitalist profit-making machine that would stoop to underplaying its most popular IP if it stood to gain less revenue from it than other IP's.

Now that the movie rights are back home, people can pretend it never really happened. That it was all a bad dream.

But we know the truth...

spoilers:
    Anyhoo, excited for the X-Men in the MCU!
    end of spoilers

Don't get it either. It happened and we all know this.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There's literally lots of evidence of it and you're just chosing to ignore it because you don't think it makes sense? LOL.