Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well that's weird if they state it, but again outside sources aren't reliable all the time. Even from the main site. I have never read any comic that even suggested he could do it without his suit. The fact that he's always in his suit in the Astonishing Ant-Man series suggests he needs it.

In fact, remember Young Avengers? Before she discovered her powers, Cassie tried to get her father's equipment so she could shrink. That says a lot for me.

To me, it's a matter of preference. I'm not even big on having all of these characters who can do it naturally. I like the idea of it being tech-based, kind of an answer to the Iron Man suits. That, and Scott is supposed to be an Average Joe, which I think helps with the appeal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Personally I think it’s annoying that Marvel has forcibly villainised two of the three Ant Men and not utilised the distinctive father-daughter relationship between Scott and Cassie to full effect. Hank could have embraced elements of his MCU incarnation and finally been allowed to move forward from his two faults, and Eric could have remained the jerk would be hero, but them becoming full on villains robbed them of their most interesting qualities. And Scott and Janet are left in relative limbo and Nadia is and isn’t the Hope they want in the comics.
    I agree with the relationship with Scott and Cassie...but also Scott and Peggy. They ended the series on a pretty positive note with that. And if they relaunch they need to continue along with that. Show them co-parenting Cassie and not being at odds about it. Same with Peggy's husband Blake. Not saying it needs to go as far as the movies where they are besties...but are accepting of the situation they are in and are making it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Well that's weird if they state it, but again outside sources aren't reliable all the time. Even from the main site. I have never read any comic that even suggested he could do it without his suit. The fact that he's always in his suit in the Astonishing Ant-Man series suggests he needs it.

In fact, remember Young Avengers? Before she discovered her powers, Cassie tried to get her father's equipment so she could shrink. That says a lot for me.

To me, it's a matter of preference. I'm not even big on having all of these characters who can do it naturally. I like the idea of it being tech-based, kind of an answer to the Iron Man suits. That, and Scott is supposed to be an Average Joe, which I think helps with the appeal.
    I get what you are saying...tech guys should be tech guys. However...even with the particles internalized...Scott jus being Scott makes him the Average Joe. Divorced dad and ex-con trying to do the right thing.

As I said...the main thing I did not like about those Ant Man series was he as always in the costume...which Average Joe would not do. And the humor at times seamed to be like 'that's the joke...laugh at it.' I preferrd teh more situational humor like from the movies "the first thing we should do is call the Avengers."

Scott can't figure out clothes anymore. He's seen too much.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They should do an ongoing and call it Tales to Astonish. Let Spencer write it. Scott had a great supporting cast the last time. The best part was some of the cast were heroes, some villains, some either way. That fits Scott perfectly since he's been all three. A hero, a villain and something in between. Spencer took old villains from TTA and gave them a modern take.

Grizzly and Machinesmith made great partners. Scott couldn't trust them as far as he could throw them.

A love triangle with Darla and Janice. Ms Thing and the Beetle.

Cassie, Raz and Roger the only three people he can trust. Stinger, Giant-Man and Porcupine.

The old/new villains Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker.

This would be a fun book. Throw the Black Ant Eric O'Grady and the lady Sinister Syndicate in there to add even more chaos and this would be an awesome book.

Spencer is one of the few writers that can handle and balance a large cast and make it enjoyable. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cassie was in the Giant Man WoTR limited.
    She also showed up in Unstoppable Wasp and Marvel Comics #1000, both times with the majority of the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Personally I think it’s annoying that Marvel has forcibly villainised two of the three Ant Men and not utilised the distinctive father-daughter relationship between Scott and Cassie to full effect. Hank could have embraced elements of his MCU incarnation and finally been allowed to move forward from his two faults, and Eric could have remained the jerk would be hero, but them becoming full on villains robbed them of their most interesting qualities. And Scott and Janet are left in relative limbo and Nadia is and isn’t the Hope they want in the comics.
    Yeah, if they wanted an adult Hope like in the movies, it would've required time travel. Even what they went with, a teenage version, required Nadia to be the daughter of Hank's first wife Maria instead of Janet, and a Red Room origin like Black Widow's and Winter Soldier's to explain why she hadn't appeared before. Those changes, of course, mean that she's not much like Hope at all (hence why they even have separate appreciation threads here). Even the fact Nadia happens to translate to Hope is a fluke, not something Waid did on purpose.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    They should do an ongoing and call it Tales to Astonish. Let Spencer write it. Scott had a great supporting cast the last time. The best part was some of the cast were heroes, some villains, some either way. That fits Scott perfectly since he's been all three. A hero, a villain and something in between. Spencer took old villains from TTA and gave them a modern take.

Grizzly and Machinesmith made great partners. Scott couldn't trust them as far as he could throw them.

A love triangle with Darla and Janice. Ms Thing and the Beetle.

Cassie, Raz and Roger the only three people he can trust. Stinger, Giant-Man and Porcupine.

The old/new villains Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker.

This would be a fun book. Throw the Black Ant Eric O'Grady and the lady Sinister Syndicate in there to add even more chaos and this would be an awesome book.

Spencer is one of the few writers that can handle and balance a large cast and make it enjoyable. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
    All those characters were good for that story...but should be streamlined for an ongoing focusing on Scott and his immediate surrounding characters.

Scott, Cassie, Peggy and Blake and Darla as his girlfriend...making the part time long distance due to her career work. I think they should also add in a love interest for Cassie...let's face it since Asgardians of The Galaxy ended Thunderstrike has not had anything to do. Plus they should definitely NOT forget these characters histories and their old friends/teammates should show up from time to time.

Hmm, you mention Thunderstrike there... was he in a relationship with Cassie in the MC2 universe? I know they were both on the A-Next team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm, you mention Thunderstrike there... was he in a relationship with Cassie in the MC2 universe? I know they were both on the A-Next team.
    Not sure about relationship...but the MC2 connection is something to play into..and I just grew to like the guy in AoTG and he is close to her age.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Kinda thought about it and realized that Scott hasn't had an ongoing since Astonishing Ant-Man back in 2015/2016 (released just in time for the movie). The last thing of note that he did was a miniseries with Nadia last year. And... I really can't think of any recent thing he did of note other than making an appearance in Fantastic Four where all members who had been affiliated with the family were summoned to fight the Griever.

It's weird because Marvel has made Scott the face of the Ant-Man identity, and yet in the comics he's still a minor player. That's awfully funny, since on the movie front, he was one of the most important people in Endgame. If it weren't for him, Thanos would've completely succeeded at his goal forever. You would think that with Endgame giving Scott exposure to an innumerably large audience, that Marvel would capitalize and give Scott another series. But no. It's especially weird given the common tactic of launching a new series in time for an adaptation. Him being core the biggest movie ever, you'd think Scott would get something.

The least they could do is put him in another team book. Have him join the Avengers, or help out the Fantastic Four as a supporting character, or be part of another team. Just do something with him.

What gives?
    He was with the guardians of the galaxy for a bit. And he was part of that cosmic story where Gamora was evil and bending reality. In-universe, he's someone who nick fury considered as a potential replacement (job went to Bucky). He led an assault on Latveria. And he was the one Frigga trusted to lead an attack on Ymir. I prefer these small moments to a recurring background role.

I agree with the relationship with Scott and Cassie...but also Scott and Peggy. They ended the series on a pretty positive note with that. And if they relaunch they need to continue along with that. Show them co-parenting Cassie and not being at odds about it. Same with Peggy's husband Blake. Not saying it needs to go as far as the movies where they are besties...but are accepting of the situation they are in and are making it work.

I get what you are saying...tech guys should be tech guys. However...even with the particles internalized...Scott jus being Scott makes him the Average Joe. Divorced dad and ex-con trying to do the right thing.

As I said...the main thing I did not like about those Ant Man series was he as always in the costume...which Average Joe would not do. And the humor at times seamed to be like 'that's the joke...laugh at it.' I preferrd teh more situational humor like from the movies "the first thing we should do is call the Avengers."
    You might be misinterpreting the running gag of his costume. It was to make him seem down on his luck. His fridge was always empty as well. He's not an average joe. He's an underachiever, a cheapskate, and a bit of a man-child. His saving grace is that he genuinely loves his child, is affable enough to befriend his enemies, and is clever enough to win even when he's losing.

Just to save a post, who I would pair him with romantically is Rozalyn Backus. Most people wouldn't know that name. But she was the driving force behind the Spider-man Breakout story. She also has beef with the Cross family, a criminal record, and a need to protect children.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    You might be misinterpreting the running gag of his costume. It was to make him seem down on his luck. His fridge was always empty as well. He's not an average joe. He's an underachiever, a cheapskate, and a bit of a man-child. His saving grace is that he genuinely loves his child, is affable enough to befriend his enemies, and is clever enough to win even when he's losing.

Just to save a post, who I would pair him with romantically is Rozalyn Backus. Most people wouldn't know that name. But she was the driving force behind the Spider-man Breakout story. She also has beef with the Cross family, a criminal record, and a need to protect children.
    I just thought it was stupid.

All those characters were good for that story...but should be streamlined for an ongoing focusing on Scott and his immediate surrounding characters.

Scott, Cassie, Peggy and Blake and Darla as his girlfriend...making the part time long distance due to her career work. I think they should also add in a love interest for Cassie...let's face it since Asgardians of The Galaxy ended Thunderstrike has not had anything to do. Plus they should definitely NOT forget these characters histories and their old friends/teammates should show up from time to time.
    Scott needs to be a player. He gets in more trouble that way. Lol. Scott needs supporting characters. Grizzly and Machinesmith complimented him well. Cassie deserves more attention. She's been getting the short end of a stick for awhile now.

As for those other characters they could be loosely associated. The tension with Janice and Darla would be awesome! Janice still wants the Pym particles. She tried to stiff him good at the trial. Spencer needs to write Scott again. He does a great job with a lot of characters. ASM has been awesome with him on it. Spencer can balance multiple stories, plots and characters.

Scott needs to lead a team with Cassie as the real leader keeping an eye on Scott and everyone else. It would be a fun book. Scott is to much of screw up to have a serious book. Spencer does a great job keeping things light hearted.

I just thought it was stupid.
    Fair enough. I think it's a brilliant way to save money on clothing he doesn't need.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Fair enough. I think it's a brilliant way to save money on clothing he doesn't need.
    He's gotta wash the damn thing sometime...otherwise he is going to stink like Ghost did in Thunderbolts.

He's gotta wash the damn thing sometime...otherwise he is going to stink like Ghost did in Thunderbolts.
    Just because they didn’t show him standing around in his boxers while his shrunken costume was in the sink, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. He lived in a dollhouse when he moved to Florida. The guy is just a cheapskate.