BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yet Corey Lewandowski is still on CNN's payroll.
    He shoulda BEEN gone! Shoulda never been hired.

What she did was wrong, but this was more about optics. Networks hire party insiders all the time so it is super likely this is a common practice. But now that this has been leaked the perception is really bad, for what are suppose to be impartial debates where the candidates express themselves honestly and earnestly to the nation.

Yes, Corey Lewandowski is still on CNN and that is a joke in and of itself, but also not an uncommon practice. The surprising thing is how blatant it is. A former campaign manager not an RNC surrogate or someone like that, so h doesn't have anything impartial or unbiased to contribute just blatant propaganda. He's not the only one tho.

What wikileaks does is illegal and criminal, but a good number of the emails have been verified so they are what they are. They do give you more insight on Clinton and the campaign. From all I've read there is nothing to really crucify Clinton. The most revealing information are some emails about Wall Street and her stances on corporations. Beyond the emails the only thing you can really say is the specter of the Clinton Foundation, which is a good foundation that does good work unlike the Trump Foundation. Still from the outside looking in there is a perceived conflict of interest with people she met with as Secretary of State.

Outside of Wikileaks activities being illicit the only other downside I've noticed lately is it all seems to be focused around the Democrats. I don't know why they didn't release the information they had earlier (primaries etc.).

Again all moot points because she's running against Donald Trump, but if she actually had another qualified opponent in the Democratic primary besides Bernes Sanders she might have run into some trouble. I could still see Hillary beating Joe Biden or Warren but I could also see them beating her.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I saw a fair amount of s**t on her timeline before she left and it was pretty vile s**t - to dismiss it as "just saying mean things" is lacking in perspective

Twitter has an abuse problem, they allow hate speech, but do little when someone is actually getting harassed
    the internet in general has always had an abuse problem since the dawn of chat rooms and instant messaging. The internet will always have an abuse problem. Certain platforms can take steps to curtail this but it is easier said than done.

A lot of people use social media and a lot of people get banned every day and either make new accounts or stop using it altogether.
    The J-man

Trump had a server whose sole purpose seems to be communicating with a Russian bank.

I think we may have gone past Manchurian Donnie and striaght into Benedict Donald.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'd defend her if she showed evidence. I'm past the point of defending people simply because they "SAY" something. I posted about this elsewhere. Her book sucked. Sorry. But that doesn't mean her book failed because people were mean to her.
    It also means that whenever somebody quits a twitter or Facebook, and they say... "People said mean things about me." They need to provide evidence.
    People like that and Anita Sarkessian is one of the reasons no one can really have honest discussions anymore. Sarkeesian takes the cake.

I have a daughter who is in the Air force academy, following after her old man. But even if my daughter told me something like this. I want proof. EVERYBODy has an agenda. EVERYBODY. What's hers? I dunno. But we gotta stop saying SJW's suck, and people that aren't SJW suck. I was a egalitarian before I knew what the term even was. But these, I hate to say it. SJW's can't go around blasting people and providing no proof. Just to get the pitchfork crowd on Tumblr riled up.
    I'm sure Cain's agenda was that she was just getting tried of the drama and left. It doesn't have to be anything more than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm sure Cain's agenda was that she was just getting tried of the drama and left. It doesn't have to be anything more than that.
    and considering she's been a published author for some time and it was working in comics that drove her off

that's a problem

the fandom is broken and we are all responsible if we don't speak up when we see bullshit like this

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gray lensman View Post
    trump had a server whose sole purpose seems to be communicating with a russian bank.

i think we may have gone past manchurian donnie and striaght into benedict donald.
    Deplorable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Trump had a server whose sole purpose seems to be communicating with a Russian bank.

I think we may have gone past Manchurian Donnie and striaght into Benedict Donald.
    Oh dear
    There's gonna be a New York Times article dropped soon, right?

Politico had some fun with Trump's tax returns and Russia
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...-russia-214405

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Nothing surprises me about Donald's duplicity anymore. But, all anyone cares about is Hillary and those dastardly emails.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Borowitz Report: Queen Offers to Restore British Rule Over United States [humor]

LONDON (The Borowitz Report)—In an unexpected televised address on Saturday, Queen Elizabeth II offered to restore British rule over the United States of America.

Addressing the American people from her office in Buckingham Palace, the Queen said that she was making the offer “in recognition of the desperate situation you now find yourselves in.”

“This two-hundred-and-forty-year experiment in self-rule began with the best of intentions, but I think we can all agree that it didn’t end well,” she said.

The Queen urged Americans to write in her name on Election Day, after which the transition to British rule could begin “with a minimum of bother.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...e-donald-trump

And a former senior intelligence officer for a Western country who specialized in Russian counterintelligence tells Mother Jones that in recent months he provided the bureau with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him.

Mother Jones has reviewed that report and other memos this former spy wrote. The first memo, based on the former intelligence officer's conversations with Russian sources, noted, "Russian regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting TRUMP for at least 5 years. Aim, endorsed by PUTIN, has been to encourage splits and divisions in western alliance." It maintained that Trump "and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals." It claimed that Russian intelligence had "compromised" Trump during his visits to Moscow and could "blackmail him." It also reported that Russian intelligence had compiled a dossier on Hillary Clinton based on "bugged conversations she had on various visits to Russia and intercepted phone calls."
    Realllly not wanting this to be true, because holy crap

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm sure there was drama. I'm sure there was Misandry and Misogyny. But to vilify people and provide no evidence? No there needs to be MORE than that. Sorry, you feel differently.
    I think we both want people to be treated with respect and dignity. But We vilify Trump for doing what she says others are doing to her. We have AMPLE evidence Trump folks are doing this. We can't be an angry mob. There needs to be proof.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and considering she's been a published author for some time and it was working in comics that drove her off

that's a problem

the fandom is broken and we are all responsible if we don't speak up when we see bullshit like this
    Fandom is broken. People can't like what they like without being in camps and hating others who disagree with what we like. I like white Psylocke, others don't. People have argued it for decades. There are male artists and writers being driven off also.

Cho is a respected artist, yet feminists and other SJW types attack him on the regular because he doesn't draw women the way THEY want him to. Same with Manara. Manara like me do Erotic style art. Cho draws women with more meat on them than the average artist. But some feminists do not like that. They attack him CONSTANTLY! They then get male artists to attack him. But Cho provides evidence of the attacks.
    That's all I'm saying.

There's this tit for tat thing that drives me nuts. People attack each other for attention, then claim the other is attacking, for attention. Cracks me up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No thanks. The average Brit's views on immigration make the U.S. seem downright enlighened.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...e-donald-trump

Realllly not wanting this to be true, because holy crap

Deplorable.

Or Traitor (is it still a thing?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm sure there was drama. I'm sure there was Misandry and Misogyny. But to vilify people and provide no evidence? No there needs to be MORE than that. Sorry, you feel differently.
    I think we both want people to be treated with respect and dignity. But We vilify Trump for doing what she says others are doing to her. We have AMPLE evidence Trump folks are doing this. We can't be an angry mob. There needs to be proof.

Fandom is broken. People can't like what they like without being in camps and hating others who disagree with what we like. I like white Psylocke, others don't. People have argued it for decades. There are male artists and writers being driven off also.

Cho is a respected artist, yet feminists and other SJW types attack him on the regular because he doesn't draw women the way THEY want him to. Same with Manara. Manara like me do Erotic style art. Cho draws women with more meat on them than the average artist. But some feminists do not like that. They attack him CONSTANTLY! They then get male artists to attack him. But Cho provides evidence of the attacks.
    That's all I'm saying.

There's this tit for tat thing that drives me nuts. People attack each other for attention, then claim the other is attacking, for attention. Cracks me up.
    Why do you automatically assume that she, and Invisible Man I suppose, are suspect? Sharing harassment only gives a wider platform to the harassers. It's what they want most.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 10-31-2016 at 06:11 PM.