Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I didn’t take the Exodus interaction with BK as romantic and I dont mind if it was but I liked him shipped with Dazzler in AoA.

B50E2F36-DCFB-4846-B9F8-01D9AF313784.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-06-2022 at 08:50 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Iceman should be bi not gay. He was into women when he had amnesia so it wouldn't make sense to make him gay only

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Iceman should be bi not gay. He was into women when he had amnesia so it wouldn't make sense to make him gay only
    Didn't Jeen selectively mindwipe adult Robert of those heteroish-relations before she outed teenage Bobby to himself?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-06-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Didn't Jeen selectively mindwipe adult Robert of those heteroish-relations before she outed teenage Bobby to himself?
    Nah he did that to himself
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The quite explicit conversation, especially considering that WE KNOW they were in a poly relationship, and they were flirting about how they would look in thongs lol, not wanting to oil the obvious is something else, that conversation leaves no doubt, the room in the Summers ( and Logan ) house, and THEY CAME OUT IN THE issue to The PRIDE.

That some don't want to accept it (and I don't know why) is something else but I think Hickman was quite clear. IT WAS MORE EVIDENT WITH THAT CONVERSATION BETWEEN SCOTT AND LOGAN ON THE MOON.
    really what's wrong with being bisex??????
    they defend it as if it's a bad thing,.something to be more ashamed of is the poly relationship, but there is nothing of to being ashamed of being bisex/gay/trans.
    I don’t think Cyclops is officially bisexual. He could simply be sexually fluid. Sexuality is never really a fixed thing and liking a single man does not technically mean they are gonna like even a small number of men from that point on. Ergo, why men don’t automatically come out as bi or gay when they find themselves attracted to or in a relationship with another man. The caveat of labels is that people are starting to not comfortably fitting in one category whereas others are finding it all makes sense in the labels for them. Those that don’t like how they fit into that don’t identify as such because it doesn’t fully explain who they are, whether to themselves or other people.

It would be easier if they had the guts to explore that dynamic a little more, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait!

Some people really thought that Logan and Scott's tongue-in-cheek witty banter about Scott in speedos was them actually flirting with each other and an indicator that they were also fucking?

Oh dear...
    I mean, Scott was being serious when he asked Logan to come to Chandilar

And he was very serious about the Speedo. Whether they had a good laugh when Scott walked out in his mankini is never stated, but Scott was not simply joking.

Again, which is exactly why I wish writers would actually explain what this dynamic is beyond just Jean with two men.

Edit: Also, I think I have a clear understanding the difference between joking/harmless flirting and actual flirting most of the time. Alt he above is at least worth discussing, unlike the below, which was clear joking. (As sad as this makes shippers to relent to)

Last edited by PyroFN; 08-06-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why is it that no one ever ships, questions, or confirms the sexuality of mutants who are unattractive, have the physical appearance of animals, or those whose overall makeup isn't of flesh and blood?
    Probably because it’s uncomfortable. Tragic at the same time, but not exactly news. Jean with Glob never sat well with me and it still doesn’t, yet Lemire tried. At the very least he never went fully through with that, but I do feel bad for Glob in that respect at the same time.

I think a non-established character is what they need for those kinds of situations. Or at least a character who has shown to not be that bothered by appearances. Like Namor and his love for all forms of fish women.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This may be an unpopular opinion but, to me, sometimes it seems we are so quick to name something or claim something that we take people agency. When i see Bobby or Psylocke or anyone else kiss someone of the same sex or even have sex with them i tend not to assume they are gay. I have trained myself that that is someone personal journey so unless you claim it for yourself and tell me i just don't put that assumption on people. I know that ignores a lot when it comes to the need to have things expressed in story and to add normalcy to situations so that others can sympathize and understand but abstractly speaking you could be kissing 10 guys in front of me and unless you tell me specifically "i am gay." i try to just assume someone is open. Not the best way to think i guess, or maybe an insensitive thing to think but i do think sometimes writers may be afraid to explore especially with bisexual or fluid characters because as soon as you commit to one experience the character is "claimed" and to be anything else is assaulting someone. But then i don't assume any character is straight unless they say so too.
    This. Not to mention the simple fact that labels are becoming larger categorically because sexuality is so complicated. The automatic assumption that anyone who doesn’t explicitly state who they are puts unnecessary pressure on them when they have not yet fully understood themselves. Luckily, these are fictional characters, so no one is really being hurt about speculation for instances like these, but this is a pretty delicate issue to go on. Since writers have not explicitly stated what the deal is with the throuple, we can’t assume anything.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    In the latest Legion of X book, Kurt confirms he has lots different but velvety ways of filling people up...
    Mm, I did notice… I’ve been slasing K/L for 40 years, over 100 fics, but the only thing which fills me with more joy is their friendship.

Readers (and some writers) have such a linear view on sexuality and relationships; someone is just gay or straight. In a relationship or not. And real life is just so much more interesting and complicated and rich than that. This is true across mainstream media in all forms but particularly noticeable in film/TV. And mainstream comics too.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? show me canonical evidence that shows Bobby and Same aren't smashing...Why can't they be best friends and (former)? lovers? There are friendships in existence that survives a FWB-type phase.....I mean I've never been in one, and never heard of one in this reality but Damn It if anyone can make it work and rise above the inevitable pettiness that kills most FWB Mutants can. That's cause Wolverine is fvcking weird, that whole pairing is a lil sus, just a lil less sus than when Storm+Cable was trying become a thing.

is Apocalypse possibly a very very distant realtive of yours? I have a strong sense of DENIaL within you lol
    In the latest Legion of X book, Kurt confirms he has lots different but velvety ways of filling people up...
    literally zero proof. one conversation where he jokes with Logan. Mind you Logan first says, "Jean in a bikini." and Scott says "and Scott in a speedo." to change his mental image of his wife

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    literally zero proof. one conversation where he jokes with Logan. Mind you Logan first says, "Jean in a bikini." and Scott says "and Scott in a speedo." to change his mental image of his wife
    This is perfectly fine, if that's what you need to tell yourself, for some sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    This is perfectly fine, if that's what you need to tell yourself, for some sense of security.
    I don't need to tell myself anything. You clearly want something and it's just not there. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    This. Not to mention the simple fact that labels are becoming larger categorically because sexuality is so complicated. The automatic assumption that anyone who doesn’t explicitly state who they are puts unnecessary pressure on them when they have not yet fully understood themselves. Luckily, these are fictional characters, so no one is really being hurt about speculation for instances like these, but this is a pretty delicate issue to go on. Since writers have not explicitly stated what the deal is with the throuple, we can’t assume anything.
    I do think the throuple is canon though. I mean a dude don't just bait another dude with seeing him in a speedo and then he shows up and the scene made it feel particularly clear there was flirting and intent there. But what we don't know is what it means to or for any of them which i get can be important but which i like that at least in my mind it gets across the casual feeling of it and almost a well do you know what's going on in anyone's bedroom and why do you care. Don't know if that's what the intent was though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

As for Roberto da Costa, aka Sunspot, and any potential [NO FEAR of] intimacy between him & his bromantic partner in crime Samuel Guthrie, aka Cannonball...

as w/EVERYthing, I'm not afraid to let you draw your own conclusions, and completely understand if some of you need to eXplain things away... 'cause of the likely advancement issues that accompany that.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-07-2022 at 06:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I don't need to tell myself anything. You clearly want something and it's just not there. sorry
    Ditto! And guess ya must've missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Or perhaps it's... just beyond you.