View Poll Results: What do you rate the issue?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 6.00%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

10 20.00%
  • ★ ★ ★

19 38.00%
  • ★ ★

14 28.00%
  • 4 8.00%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Wait, Emma mind controlled Anole into giving that mutant cure to the authorities and caused all the terrible things that happened in Uncanny?
    Yes. Callahan got control of her, tortured her and she got him the mutant cure. There was discussion of this on Marauders last issue about Shinobi Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't have the issue in front of me...but didn't the Redneck dude have a peacock tattoo.... wouldn't that tie into
    spoilers:
    the man in X-Force from the group Xeno??
    end of spoilers
    No, he has scales like a snake

Wait, Emma mind controlled Anole into giving that mutant cure to the authorities and caused all the terrible things that happened in Uncanny?
    No. Callahan and anti-mutant sentiment caused all the terrible things that happened in Uncanny. Emma curtailed it so that the X-Men could form again and eventually beat O*N*E.

I’m guessing Eye Boy and Nature Girl have adjoining rooms in hut A. Haha. Jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No. Callahan and anti-mutant sentiment caused all the terrible things that happened in Uncanny. Emma curtailed it so that the X-Men could form again and eventually beat O*N*E.
    OK, that's what I thought. As much as I dislike Emma, that sounded like a bit much. The precise hows and whys of Uncanny are a bit murky for me. That whole misery fest was a blur

BANNED

Whoa, this was... not good, a serious downgrade in quality, I must say. A gave it ★ ★, and even that felt like I was being kind. Everything about it seemed lazy, and... juvenile, the art in particular. Liked the Akademos Habitat/SeXtant graphic, though, that was a bit revelatory.

OK, that's what I thought. As much as I dislike Emma, that sounded like a bit much. The precise hows and whys of Uncanny are a bit murky for me. That whole misery fest was a blur
    It was a mix of X-Men being mind controlled, set-up/constructed fights by outside forces, PIS, behind-the-scenes works, and setting up specific plot points to later be exploited in Dawn of X. All-in-all, better left forgotten.

BANNED

VS Hickman, this shows how bad Brisson is. Stop with Glob and the twins.

BANNED

Isn't the Savage land protected by law? Its not something Krakoa can just claim and start clearing land for agriculture. Its super dangerous and I'm surprised Ka-zar at least isn't upset. That story beat doesn't feel very thought out.
    Technically, yes. So or the UN are ignoring this because they have an special interest in the drugs or this is something that will come into play. It is another shady thing for krakoa. Destroying a protected wild life space to cultivate drugs isn’t so eco-friendly

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Technically, yes. So or the UN are ignoring this because they have an special interest in the drugs or this is something that will come into play. It is another shady thing for krakoa. Destroying a protected wild life space to cultivate drugs isn’t so eco-friendly
    Good Lord .Assumptions are not facts. No where is it stated that X-men have destroyed land to do anything. You guys have no idea where in the Savage Land this place is located and the type of land it is if the process it was actual hurtful or helpful to area. Magento has a base in Savage Land they could have easily converted that in to the flower place. But hey when doubt on Krakoa era call the X-men evil for everything it seems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Good Lord .Assumptions are not facts. No where is it stated that X-men have destroyed land to do anything. You guys have no idea where in the Savage Land this place is located and the type of land it is if the process it was actual hurtful or helpful to area. Magento has a base in Savage Land they could have easily converted that in to the flower place. But hey when doubt on Krakoa era call the X-men evil for everything it seems.
    By definition a Wildlife reserve a place with a unique flora or fauna. Just the fact of introduce a new species and especially one as agressive as Krakoa ( we know since issue 1 of New Mutants that terraforms the ecosystem around itself) is a destruccion of diveristy and a contamination .
    Until it is stated on panel that the Krakoan aggriculture is 100% harmless by a McGuffin plot, it should be considered that the X-men are destroying the vegetal diversity of the Savage land. And even worse they are using the unique eco-system of the Savage land to create a drug and make profit of it.
    If it is confirmed that the drugs can only grow in the savage land whould be 2 shady points more.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    By definition a Wildlife reserve a place with a unique flora or fauna. Just the fact of introduce a new species and especially one as agressive as Krakoa ( we know since issue 1 of New Mutants that terraforms the ecosystem around itself) is a destruccion of diveristy and a contamination .
    Until it is stated on panel that the Krakoan aggriculture is 100% harmless by a McGuffin plot, it should be considered that the X-men are destroying the vegetal diversity of the Savage land. And even worse they are using the unique eco-system of the Savage land to create a drug and make profit of it.
    If it is confirmed that the drugs can only grow in the savage land whould be 2 shady points more.
    No until it is stated Krakoa is doing harm to Savage Land you can't assume that is doing harm. Beside we know all the flowers in the Savage Land are inside of an facility not running wild in Savage Land because Hordeculture had to break into to get flowers. If they were letting Krakoa stuff run crazy in the environment the Golden Girls could just walk up and pluck some flowers with no issue. And once again Magento and X-men had facility in Savage Land which could easily be converted what you see in the books. We have no reason to believe the mutants had build facility that damage the environment or that Krakoa plants running out of control in the Savage Land.

I think I've realized why the b-side storyline annoys me so much. I would truly rather have the New Mutants book featuring the two teams who used the name, rather than these random characters. I could even deal with the outreach storyline if it was coming from the kids who saw their friends get bombed and exterminated. Also Glob has been getting exposure since Wolverine and the X-men and what actual character growth has he had? We're even getting a retread of his pining for Jeen in this series? Brisson, please stop trying to make Glob happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It was a mix of X-Men being mind controlled, set-up/constructed fights by outside forces, PIS, behind-the-scenes works, and setting up specific plot points to later be exploited in Dawn of X. All-in-all, better left forgotten.
    Callahan captured and tortured Emma, then she bargained giving the cure so Callahan woul let her go. She controls Anole for him to give the cure to ONE. Then Callahan free Emma, but she has a bomb with the mtant cure inside her head and she has to delivery mutant villains to Callahan. So she she controls Scott to makea list with villains and every villain he arrest he gives to a fake captain america that is Mystique.
    With x-men on a AU and the mutant cure, mutant hate start growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I think I've realized why the b-side storyline annoys me so much. I would truly rather have the New Mutants book featuring the two teams who used the name, rather than these random characters. I could even deal with the outreach storyline if it was coming from the kids who saw their friends get bombed and exterminated. Also Glob has been getting exposure since Wolverine and the X-men and what actual character growth has he had? We're even getting a retread of his pining for Jeen in this series? Brisson, please stop trying to make Glob happen.
    Yep, we already know his chaarcter beats and I don't remember any significant character development. His use is more of a gimmick

Nitpicks aside, I enjoyed the issue. However it definitely felt like a different book than the previous two issues. Almost like a limited series spinning out of an established comic in the 80’s or 90’s. But unfortunately we don’t get the regular comic as well...