Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The LA Rams are in a terrible spot with Todd Gurley's knee issues. The RB logged career lows in yards and was really never a factor in passing game. Questions about his knee is a big one and the Rams and McVay will sit down with Gurley before he's due a $7+ million bonus to discuss this. Cutting Gurley is not gonna solve this problem as the RB will count $25+ million against the cap the season in dead money. Trading Gurley also will be a big problem as the Rams would likely have to send a draft pick with him. In all his deal has become a warning to other teams to not pay big into RB's.
    The Rams really mainly have to worry about their O-line, its a much bigger deal than what to do about their running game. During 2019 Gurley still was good in the situations where he played, as far as getting specific things done. He didn't have an all-pro year, and probably won't ever again, but in my mind he just becomes a platoon RB. Its the common wisdom today to have RBs be disposable, but thats only because guys like Gurley and Barkley and Henry are relatively rare. I'd like to see them keep Gurley, pick up another RB through the draft who can learn under him, and then have them share duties.

Speaking of Henry, should be interesting to see what happens contractually with him this year. Warning or not, RBs still have agents and there is still precedent for paying them big bucks for a relatively short career time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Opinion: NFL's quarterback landscape could be headed for seismic shift this offseason

The dust hasn’t even fully settled from the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl LIV parade, but many people's attention is already turning to what could be a landmark offseason for quarterbacks.

Some of the game’s biggest names, including Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers, could find themselves in new uniforms next season. Multiple bright, young stars could sign record-breaking contracts. And of course, there’s always a few franchise tag candidates in the mix.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its said Reid starts grooming his 2nd tier coaches on staff during the season. That he's done that since his Eagles days because he expects his coordinators offensively to be hired for coaching gigs.

He had already started that process behind Carthon because his last 2 was hired. So he already has someone waiting in wings there he has groomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Two of Reid's disciples (Jim Harbaugh, Doug Pederson) have won Super Bowls as head coaches while I do believe Darth Hoodie's padawans have none.
    Yeah, Andy's tree is enough for a Hall of Fame nod.

Bill's tree is just starting. Time will tell.

But again, they're the only coaches I can recall in the last 30 years to ditch an o-line coach, DC, OC, etc. and still win and/or go to the playoffs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Brees to San Diego, Rivers to Tampa Bay and Brady to Frisco. Calling it now!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Brees stays put (one more season), Rivers to Miami and Brady stays put. Calling it now!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Drew Brees goes to start his own team in San Diego? That is groundbreaking!

I know you probably meant the Chargers, but I think this is more interesting an observation.

Niners aren't dumpy Jimmy G unless they are trading him back to NE.

I think everyone stays put and Rivers goes to a new team.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Shanahan today made comments he is committed to Garappolo as his QB in 2020...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/*...r-2020-season/

Niners have an out on his contract this offseason without taking much of a cap hit but they have no plans to exercise it, and they are looking to him to be their starter for the foreseeable future according to Shanahan. I think this means you can take SF off the list of possible landing spots for the big name free agent QBs this offseason.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Drew Brees goes to start his own team in San Diego? That is groundbreaking!

I know you probably meant the Chargers, but I think this is more interesting an observation.
    Force of habit. Brees to the Chaaaaaaaaaaahhgers, currently of LA (they should have gone to London)

The Legend of Magic Mahomes Grows.

Andy Reid did not make they play call. Neither did the OC.

It was Patrick Mahomes calling Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Brees stays put (one more season), Rivers to Miami and Brady stays put. Calling it now!
    Miami will not be adding any free agent QB's. Calling it now. They will be drafting a QB which will give them a QB room of Fitzpatrick, Rosen, and the rookie. Miami's ideal goal is to draft Tua and let him take a redshirt year behind the other two to get healthy and learn to be a QB.

Fitzpatrick was the MVP of the Dolphins this year leading them to a 5-4 record over their last nine games while playing out of his mind behind the worst line in the league. The leadership and passion he played with inspired a lot of players who had little business being on an NFL roster to overcome their talent deficiency. He is the only veteran QB the Dolphins want or need for next year. And he's a better player at this point of his career than Rivers who is clearly hitting the age wall. And lastly he's under contract as is Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah, Andy's tree is enough for a Hall of Fame nod.

Bill's tree is just starting. Time will tell.

But again, they're the only coaches I can recall in the last 30 years to ditch an o-line coach, DC, OC, etc. and still win and/or go to the playoffs.
    Nick Saban, arguably the greatest college coach of all time, is part of Belichick's tree. He was bad in Miami but in college he is an all time great.

The Rams really mainly have to worry about their O-line, its a much bigger deal than what to do about their running game. During 2019 Gurley still was good in the situations where he played, as far as getting specific things done. He didn't have an all-pro year, and probably won't ever again, but in my mind he just becomes a platoon RB. Its the common wisdom today to have RBs be disposable, but thats only because guys like Gurley and Barkley and Henry are relatively rare. I'd like to see them keep Gurley, pick up another RB through the draft who can learn under him, and then have them share duties.

Speaking of Henry, should be interesting to see what happens contractually with him this year. Warning or not, RBs still have agents and there is still precedent for paying them big bucks for a relatively short career time.
    Henry is dependent on whether they can sign Tannehill to a short prove it contract with incentives if he continues playing as great as he did this season. Either Henry or Tannehill is getting franchise and given the miles on Henry and abuse he takes I'm sure they'd rather use it on him. But if they can't resign Tannehill cheaply they may be forced to franchise him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Legend of Magic Mahomes Grows.

Andy Reid did not make they play call. Neither did the OC.

It was Patrick Mahomes calling Wasp.

As the video details they had called it last year against the Patriots and it worked. The play as we see literally seemed to drain the life of the 49ers. You saw the players seem to emotionally break aa well as coaches.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of "Wasp" Tyreek Hill asked the developers of Madden 20 in a tweet if the play would be added to the game. They have now added the play to the Chiefs playbook.

Also on 2019 thread someone brought up the endzone celebration the 49ers defense had over a Mahomes int. Well it was Chiefs kicker Butkner who brought that up in an interview.

That the Chiefs as a whole saw that celebration and how the 49ers thought they were up 10 at that stage and would win. That it seems to motivated KC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.