Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    That only can create fanatism, a mutant society is forgiving everyone except the one with the largest crime, make Mutants Human.

I dont think that is presented as smart move or something healthy and charles is the main responsible for this.
    Dude she KILLED a buncha Mutants. It's not that hard to think a nation of mutants wouldn't be erecting statues of her. But it's not like they are burning effigies either. Exodus was just educating the Young bloods

How is Charles to blame tho??
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In the past comics I read, each time a villain said something controversial, there's someone to react to it, saying something like 'This is wrong'.

It was maybe underlined but it was better than this spineless attitude the goods guys had. We have the villains that are really villains and the good people who… remain aloof.
    Its because the books you're referring to are childish and the XMen require you to think for yourself. There's no hero and no villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Gracious, isn’t Jean busy enough at the moment?
    Jean: I got three holes and Im not scared of death.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Man what a mindjob, this issue really was brilliant. The nervous anticipation from the young mutants in the beginning, the disquiet from Cyclops, the creepy Warlock appearance and finally Kurt was all brilliant lead up to the Crucible. I read that part and my first reaction was holy ****, that's kind of hideously evil... and then it slowly crept up on me, is it?

Dying in the real world is the final exclamation point on a persons life, that's it game over. However for the Krakoan's with the resurrection protocols its a speed bump. What happens for a culture where death has lost its relevance? It looks like the mutants have turned it into a rite of passage. Death, Regeneration and Rebirth all rolled into one package

The idea of status passage rituals was first introduced by the anthropologist Arnold van Gennep, who saw regeneration as the law of life and described rites of passage as a threefold process with phases of separation, segregation, and integration. For there to be a new self the old self must ritually die. Candidates for some rite would be separated from the status to be left behind, leaving familiar companions, surroundings and home, perhaps encountering actual or symbolic aggression in being wrenched away or carried off. Second, they enter a "between" period devoid of distinguishing marks of status and expressions of their old identity, such as names or clothing. Only after this period of learning and endurance is complete do they undergo the third phase of reincorporation into society. However, they do so with their new status and identity, perhaps involving a new name or title, forms of dress or style of language and, almost certainly, new patterns of behavior with appropriate duties and responsibilities.
    link

That brings back my earlier question, is it really so terrible if death isn't final? It's creepy, its weird, it's definitely unsettling and its was amazing. I still can't bring myself to support it but...

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    That tower that is depicted in the cards of HoXPoX and kind of like the tower in Nimrod's city is mysterious here.It is on Krakoa repairs itself against Wolverine but lets Nightcrawler through showing him his greatest architectural desire..it's like it's sentient.I doubt they threw that there just for the sake.Is that the gateway to 'No place'? It has got me curious.What do you guys think.It seems only Nightcrawler was allowed and only because he took a leap of faith( we know his line of sight porting limitation)
    I’m guessing the tower will turn out to be the cathedral of the new mutant religion, which would fit with the leap of faith too.

BANNED

wanda stans need to stop getting pikachu faced when a cataclysmic event that had a serious and lasting effect is brought up in a negative light by those affected by it, its not cute

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m guessing the tower will turn out to be the cathedral of the new mutant religion, which would fit with the leap of faith too.
    In before Nightcrawler creates the equivalent of Doctor Strange's Black Priests from Time Runs Out. Cardinal was said to be part of a religious, pacifist cult and it would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda stans need to stop getting pikachu faced when a cataclysmic event that had a serious and lasting effect is brought up in a negative light by those affected by it, its not cute
    Or calling her queen. Real queens wear crowns, not debatable headpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dude she KILLED a buncha Mutants. It's not that hard to think a nation of mutants wouldn't be erecting statues of her. But it's not like they are burning effigies either. Exodus was just educating the Young bloods

How is Charles to blame tho??
    That crime is shared by may others in Krakoa yet what Exodus hates about her is that she make mutants normal.

Educating as much as poisoning their minds.

Charles started the whole pretender thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Or calling her queen. Real queens wear crowns, not debatable headpieces.
    like if inhumans had a title, id get if they brought up emma's mini breakdown, it makes sense and its canon, I cant comprehend why wanda stans on twitter get so offended at the idea common civilian mutants would have a negative opinion of her

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    That crime is shared by may others in Krakoa yet what Exodus hates about her is that she make mutants normal.

Educating as much as poisoning their minds.

Charles started the whole pretender thing.
    No one on the island almost got them extinct.

BANNED

RCO006_w_1470970763 (1).jpg

Lest we forget.

Without a doubt this is my favorite issue of the entire run. I absolutely love the idea of The Crucible. Hickman is really killing it with these ideas and concepts, and I am so glad I decided to give the X-Books another chance after years away from the franchise. Great Stuff!!
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Is not being a stan, if they can easily forgive past grievances they can forgive this one too.

Dindt icarus sold everyone with the whole bus fiasco with the purifiers.

like if inhumans had a title, id get if they brought up emma's mini breakdown, it makes sense and its canon, I cant comprehend why wanda stans on twitter get so offended at the idea common civilian mutants would have a negative opinion of her
    Yeah, I can get behind the Inhumans commenting on her 2007 Britney moment (even though there was that peanut allergy thing going on), they should accept the fact that Wanda literally almost erased mutants from Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Fucking Selene is there on the island. Killing a couple mutants indirectly isn't why they hate Wanda the most. It's because on this new Krakoan age, making a mutant human is even worse than murder.