Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Andrew Garfield burned his bridges when he publicly dissed the producers and Sony President for interfering with the production and contributing bad ideas. It was of course honest but also a statement made by a guy who was probably not keen on being Spider-Man for long. The Hollywood saying, "you gotta want it" means you suck up any indignities and incompetence and stick your neck for the part no matter what.
    You can burn bridges if you are a superstar ( Tom Cruise with Warner ( over Scientology) or John Wayne with Columbia ( hating Harry Cohn) for example). If you are Andrew Garfield you cannot get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Me to.....crazy to think I love Spiderman PS4 so much more then any MCU Spiderman movie.
    Adult Peter is more novel appealing to older fans than him going back to high school again.

Or atleast to me .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Adult Peter is more novel appealing to older fans than him going back to high school again.

Or atleast to me .
    I like the idea of an adult Peter Parker. I don't get the appeal of him being stuck as a teen in an evolving universe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I like the idea of an adult Peter Parker. I don't get the appeal of him being stuck as a teen in an evolving universe
    Especially when Miles is a teenaged alternative

Or atleast to me .
    Marvel is just obsessed with infantilizing Peter Parker.

I think they underestimated how fast they were gonna get to Infinity War and had to readjust.

Fiege described Harry Potter as what the films were going for. So each film would've been a year of high school which was fine in theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel is just obsessed with infantilizing Peter Parker.
    Marvel has a limited definition of being "Youthful".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Especially when Miles is a teenaged alternative
    Exactly. We have many spider-characters. We don't need young Peter. Really he should be like 40 at least

I think they underestimated how fast they were gonna get to Infinity War and had to readjust.

Fiege described Harry Potter as what the films were going for. So each film would've been a year of high school which was fine in theory.
    In theory, but I would've liked an MCU Spider-Man closer in age to the main Avengers

Exactly. We have many spider-characters. We don't need young Peter. Really he should be like 40 at least

In theory, but I would've liked an MCU Spider-Man closer in age to the main Avengers
    I'd settle for college age but no older. Peter's supposed to be an everyman trying to sort out life and pay the bills. It gives him a pointed difference to the Avengers who don't have those problems.

Ultimate Member

I'd settle for college age but no older. Peter's supposed to be an everyman trying to sort out life and pay the bills. It gives him a pointed difference to the Avengers who don't have those problems.
    We've had that Peter for decades. I'd rather see one who's actually made it. I liked the idea of him using his scientific knowledge to create his own company

We've had that Peter for decades. I'd rather see one who's actually made it. I liked the idea of him using his scientific knowledge to create his own company
    Peter creating a science tech startup could be fun.

Ultimate Member

Peter creating a science tech startup could be fun.
    Yeah, I'd watch a movie about that. See his transition from old life to new, and how he uses his newfound wealth and technology

If you're starting Peter from the beginning and planning to go more in-depth with his progression as a teenage Spider-Man into adulthood and beyond, it makes sense to start young.

I don't think the execution was quite there to justify it though.
    If it meant he didn't become the team's kid sidekick, sure.
    No Parker Industries please .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you're starting Peter from the beginning and planning to go more in-depth with his progression as a teenage Spider-Man into adulthood and beyond, it makes sense to start young.

I don't think the execution was quite there to justify it though.

If it meant he didn't become the team's kid sidekick, sure.

No Parker Industries please .
    The other Avengers started later in their careers in the MCU, why can't we skip what we've already seen in other Spider-Man movies?

What's wrong with Parker Industries?

The other Avengers started later in their careers in the MCU, why can't we skip what we've already seen in other Spider-Man movies?
    I mean, we got a mix.

Tony started at the beginning, Steve just got started before he got on ice, Thor was immortal but wasn't a "Superhero" yet, Widow and Hawkeye were established secret agents, Banner had been on the run for years, Wanda, Vision, Sam, and Rhodey all started their Superhero careers from the ground up or in sequel movies.

The point was to focus on his beginning more than past movies did which, honestly, seemed fair even if the approach didn't really do much for Spider-Man.
    What's wrong with Parker Industries?
    It doesn't fit the character, for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, I'd watch a movie about that. See his transition from old life to new, and how he uses his newfound wealth and technology
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aaron..._(Earth-31411)

Would you have liked a take on Peter more like this character?