Page 276 of 283 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But it still was about fighting a villain in the end
    So was Wanda's show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So was Wanda's show.
    That's kinda my point

All-New Member

I believe WandaVision was an absolute masterpiece in many ways! Kevin Feige once again proved that the term "House of Ideas" undeniably suits MCU. I mean, guys, bringing that unique style of the show into television undoubtedly carries a lot of risk, but they did a great job producing it. You know, Feige is great at taking calculated risks and knows what to do in order to produce the most fantabulous marvel comics adaptions. Honestly, WandaVision was a totally different and unique experience i've had watching a tv show.
    Last edited by Bruce Lee; 04-20-2021 at 04:29 PM.

That's kinda my point
    So you want something without a villain completely? Not even like slight presence? Because those villains did not even do much. And definitely weren't the focus.

Ultimate Member

So you want something without a villain completely? Not even like slight presence? Because those villains did not even do much. And definitely weren't the focus.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'd like to see an MCU project without a villain. I feel like WandaVision could've done that

Usually when Marvel does no villain, the hero becomes the villain.

Ultimate Member

Usually when Marvel does no villain, the hero becomes the villain.
    That seems to be true, but I'd like to see a story where fighting others isn't the plot. It doesn't have to be a big movie/show

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

An article on The Mary Sue says WandaVision is unlikely to get a second season. But I doubt that's news to anyone here.

I'm sure years from now we'll get some kind of series sequel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    An article on The Mary Sue says WandaVision is unlikely to get a second season. But I doubt that's news to anyone here.

I'm sure years from now we'll get some kind of series sequel.
    I think they're more likely to appear in separate projects going forward

I'm not sure how the Mary Sue would know. A second season wasn't planned, but that doesn't mean one won't happen. Lots of things get added during Phases in the MCU.

All-New Member

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'd like to see an MCU project without a villain. I feel like WandaVision could've done that
    Well, especially superhero movies need protagonist and antagonist characters, it works like that. They can significantly reduce the importance of villains in the movie/tv show, but i don't think it can be completely removed. Marvel has done the same thing with Civil War, the movie was not about heroes fighting with Zemo, it was about them dealing with their conflicting thoughts. Or they can -for instance- make a series of Iron Man and let some episodes be completely about Tony dealing with his addiction, with no villains, but the idea wouldn't work for the whole season.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    Well, especially superhero movies need protagonist and antagonist characters, it works like that. They can significantly reduce the importance of villains in the movie/tv show, but i don't think it can be completely removed. Marvel has done the same thing with Civil War, the movie was not about heroes fighting with Zemo, it was about them dealing with their conflicting thoughts. Or they can -for instance- make a series of Iron Man and let some episodes be completely about Tony dealing with his addiction, with no villains, but the idea wouldn't work for the whole season.
    Idk. Star trek manages to have stories without villains. I don't think every story needs to have someone to fight, and I feel the genre is limited by that

For instance, they could make a movie about Captain Marvel having some kind of adventure exploring the new Skrull homeworld, or Iron Man or Ant-Man building some kind of new tech and seeing how it affects society, or Dr. Strange or Ant-Man or Thor travelling to another dimension, or finding some kind of magical object and seeing how they can or can't use it. Or, it could be two rival heroes fighting, but later making peace with one another.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 04-21-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Idk. Star trek manages to have stories without villains. I don't think every story needs to have someone to fight, and I feel the genre is limited by that

For instance, they could make a movie about Captain Marvel having some kind of adventure exploring the new Skrull homeworld, or Iron Man or Ant-Man building some kind of new tech and seeing how it affects society, or Dr. Strange or Ant-Man or Thor travelling to another dimension, or finding some kind of magical object and seeing how they can or can't use it. Or, it could be two rival heroes fighting, but later making peace with one another.
    I feel like that's more something you could pull off with a smaller-scale series than a movie. Personally.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that's more something you could pull off with a smaller-scale series than a movie. Personally.
    I think if a movie's only 90 min, it wouldn't be too hard. A 3-hour one would be harder. But the villains have largely been irrelevant, and the heroes IMO have enough personality to carry at least one movie without that. As long as we get to see their personalities and powers.

I think if a movie's only 90 min, it wouldn't be too hard. A 3-hour one would be harder. But the villains have largely been irrelevant, and the heroes IMO have enough personality to carry at least one movie without that. As long as we get to see their personalities and powers.
    I don't know where the villains have been irrelevant where so much of the plot is based around them driving the plot the protagonists need to stop by fighting them.

And fighting villains is usually a good showcase for a heroes power.