Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah, but he never trained. He knew stuff, yes. But he didn't train.

Mind, if he had trained he would have been a monster, but Cell got by absorbing and draining others.
    It also shows how ridiculous Cell would be if he would be allowed to live. He'd be near-unstoppable; having the potential of everyone. Hopefully no one resurrects him (that's also why GT is so dumb; no way would Cell be allowed freedom in Hell - he'd take over the place immediately).

Okay, so I read the summary here:
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin...vie/freeza-01/

So, Frieza got revived into itty bitty pieces which falls in line with the need to preserve and/or rebuild the bodies shown during the King Piccolo/Saiyan/Namek arcs.

Frieza manages to stay alive after being resurrected despite being, well, really small pieces of a guy.

Space Tech has evolved to the point those pieces can be reconstructed into a full body. Go Science.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay, so I read the summary here:
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin...vie/freeza-01/

So, Frieza got revived into itty bitty pieces which falls in line with the need to preserve and/or rebuild the bodies shown during the King Piccolo/Saiyan/Namek arcs.

Frieza manages to stay alive after being resurrected despite being, well, really small pieces of a guy.

Space Tech has evolved to the point those pieces can be reconstructed into a full body. Go Science.
    That's pretty great. God I love Frieza.

There is something that I've been wondering here. After unlocking God Ki, Goku is only going to be using his Base and SSJ"1" forms. Akira has stated that if Goku was a 6, then Bills would be a 10 and Whis a 15. But Goku can still use his ssj "2" and "3" forms. He never actually lost them. So if Goku is a "6" as a God SSJ "1", wouldn't he be vastly stronger as a God SSJ "2" and "3"?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    There is something that I've been wondering here. After unlocking God Ki, Goku is only going to be using his Base and SSJ"1" forms. Akira has stated that if Goku was a 6, then Bills would be a 10 and Whis a 15. But Goku can still use his ssj "2" and "3" forms. He never actually lost them. So if Goku is a "6" as a God SSJ "1", wouldn't he be vastly stronger as a God SSJ "2" and "3"?
    Eh, once he learned to access God Ki by himself, he doesn't seem to be all that much weaker in his base or SSJ1 form than SSJG form, which would be his strongest transformation as of yet. It seems more like Base/SSJ1/2/3 would be less than the "6" he would rank at when he uses Super Saiyajin God form.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Eh, once he learned to access God Ki by himself, he doesn't seem to be all that much weaker in his base or SSJ1 form than SSJG form, which would be his strongest transformation as of yet. It seems more like Base/SSJ1/2/3 would be less than the "6" he would rank at when he uses Super Saiyajin God form.
    So at his max, as a God SSJ "3" he might very well be that 6. But as a SSJ/2 he would just be closer to that "6". Is that correct?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So at his max, as a God SSJ "3" he might very well be that 6. But as a SSJ/2 he would just be closer to that "6". Is that correct?
    I think its more that, when he's in actual SSJG mode he's a "6", but at base-SSJ3 but still integrating God Ki he's at some significant fraction of that "6," but not really all that different from one another.

And even though SSJG Goku is kinda scrawny looking and has pinkish hair, I for one welcome the thought of never seeing SSJ3's eyebrowless, cro-magnon forehead and spiky block of hair ever again. Long live Base/SSJG Goku's hair that actually moves!

The dream of SS3 lives on in Gotenks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I think its more that, when he's in actual SSJG mode he's a "6", but at base-SSJ3 but still integrating God Ki he's at some significant fraction of that "6," but not really all that different from one another.
    He managed to hurt Bills as a GSSJ"1" just fine in melee combat. You sure ssj 1-2 aren't actually the forms that are at a significant fraction of that "6"? I mean if he managed to harm Bills at all as a GSSJ 1. then certainly a GSSJ 3 would be at least on par with the SSG form. But with the drawback of it being very energy consuming.

And even though SSJG Goku is kinda scrawny looking and has pinkish hair, I for one welcome the thought of never seeing SSJ3's eyebrowless, cro-magnon forehead and spiky block of hair ever again. Long live Base/SSJG Goku's hair that actually moves!
    Still wished he kept SSJ2 though . Loved that form.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-21-2015 at 12:21 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

SSJ2 was the best form, I agree, though I still loved SSJ3.

And I still think the design off SSJG is lazy as hell. It's practically just a slightly different coloured Kaioken, and comes off as rather unspectacular after the first 3 stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

And I still think the design off SSJG is lazy as hell. It's practically just a slightly different coloured Kaioken, and comes off as rather unspectacular after the first 3 stages.
    I said the same thing when I first saw it!

Toriyama didn't really think of SSJ2 as actually being "SSJ2"; just Gohan's perfected, super awesome version of Super Saiyan. That whole arc was about perfecting the SSJ form and Gohan basically did it. Then people outside of Toriyama named it SSJ2 in the meantime, and somewhere midway through the Buu saga, he decided to create the useless SSJ3 that never really accomplished anything, wasn't -that- much more powerful, and kind of sucked.

Battle of the Gods scaled things back down, and now Toriyama is basically saying "SSJ2 and 3 are weaker transformations, further perfecting SSJ is the way to go." The "god" power is accessed in regular SSJ now, ad they're basically using that, only at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Toriyama didn't really think of SSJ2 as actually being "SSJ2"; just Gohan's perfected, super awesome version of Super Saiyan. That whole arc was about perfecting the SSJ form and Gohan basically did it. Then people outside of Toriyama named it SSJ2 in the meantime, and somewhere midway through the Buu saga, he decided to create the useless SSJ3 that never really accomplished anything, wasn't -that- much more powerful, and kind of sucked.

Battle of the Gods scaled things back down, and now Toriyama is basically saying "SSJ2 and 3 are weaker transformations, further perfecting SSJ is the way to go." The "god" power is accessed in regular SSJ now, ad they're basically using that, only at this point.
    And ONCE AGAIN, Gohan gets shoved to the background. Why did all of his character development and plot importance end when he was 11/12?

The fans preferred Goku as the main character, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

I disagree. I think it shows that Goku does not have to get bigger or change much to get stronger. It's the power behind the form that becomes the more noticeable change. And the mysticism behind SSG that shows it's power.

The subtlety of it is what makes it great imo.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral