Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What do you think of movie Damian and Raven's relationship?

What do you guys think of them? They have some things in common, like being used as weapons by their relatives. Neither of them can't have a normal childhood.

Do you think they're made for each other?
    Last edited by DCCoolness; 06-13-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

No thank you, we don't really need a whole movie made around shipping characters. Though I would be fine with more direct to video Teen Titans movies.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member

I still think DCNAU Robin is still nowhere near posh enough; the kid needs some kind of clipped, aristocratic accent to transform the over-the-top brattiness to the Damian Wayne that I think of. He seems a bit like they're trying to mix some of the archetypal characterization of Robin with the Robin most apart from it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The movie was awful so I don't care about their relationship. I want DC to go back to making quality animated content.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

I think it is kind of awkward to ship Damian with a character that is originally arround Dicks age.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The movie was awful so I don't care about their relationship. I want DC to go back to making quality animated content.
    I would really like to get movies that is not centred around Damian. Most of these movies would imo better without him.

I think Maps Mizoguchi

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think Maps Mizoguchi
    Same, even though Robin and Raven has similarities (I still see Raven as the same age as Dick, Cyborg, Kori, etc) one another and it's basically an elseworld just like any other stories in the media but Damian needs someone who is bright and cherry who could balance Damian dark and broodiness, I wouldn't be surprise if they do a Damian and Raven relationship in the comics because of the animated movie. Damian could be with either Maps (Gotham Academy), Nobody (but she's more of a sister to him) or someone who is different from him. Raven (if she was the same age as her previous generation of titans) could take the role of a surrogate big sister to not only Damian but also Ravager, Orphan, Kon-El (If they reintorduce him as a hybird of Lex and Superman again) Aqualad and Tigress.

BANNED

Isn't Raven a little too OLD for Damian?

Extraordinary Member

its gonna happen and you all will have to jsut deal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Sort of like Magneto and Rogue, then.

It's weird. I still think of Damian as being 10 and I think of Raven as being in her 20s. Though I guess Damian is a better love interest than Beast Boy.

Astonishing Member

I think there can be plenty between them to have them mutually understand one another like when Damian and Rose/Ravager kinda became assassin buddies. But as a couple? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Quoting Nick Fury here: " I recognise the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid-ass decision, I've elected to ignore it."

NovaDC

Default I ship it

I ship it, but they need to go more into the pairs character development like they did with starfire and nightwing. Maybe next time put there relationship in a movie that focuses more on one of them or there family. I hope the DCamu continues with there pairing into the new universe reset.
    Other than that I found superman useless. You would think being friends with batman he would start thinking like him more and realize that going to your enemy's turf for war when you don't even fully know what your enemy is capable off especially after all the mess darkside already did (batman needs a slap like the one he gave Robin in the comics that's all I am saying). The parts of the movie that was not shipping damirae were fast and there are a few plot holes left unanswered.
    To all who find there age difference weird, in the DCamu damian is like 15 at the beginning not 10 (damian is short even in the comics he acknowledgs that by getting mad when ever someone tells him he is) and apocalypse war is set 2 year later so he's like 17 or 18. Also in JL VS TT raven is 14 or 16 so by apocalypse war she's 20 or 22. There isn't too big of an age gap. I mean come on there are worse age gaps in reality than that (ie. Woody Allen heck Ryan Reynolds and his wife have a 12 year age gap between them). Please remember that the comic universe is different from the movie universe which is different from the cartoon universe (ie. Dc is a multi-verse and time flows differently on different planets and universes)
    Last edited by NovaDC; 05-09-2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Remembered more of what I wanted to say

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    No thank you, we don't really need a whole movie made around shipping characters. Though I would be fine with more direct to video Teen Titans movies.
    It wasn't a whole movie, it was developed over several films in the way a good fictional one should be. And as this site has prove animated pairing is what makes a ship powerful. Its not Dick and Starfire comic history that keeps it alive in fans eyes but the fondness of show where they watched a relationship build over 4 years.