Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Any word on Aaron's KING CONAN?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Interesting how entire chunks of Empyre are missing....no Invasion of Wakanda (which I was REALLY looking forward to!), or Fantastic Four (even though they ARE releasing Empyre:Fantastic Four #0).

I'm thinking New Mutants and (maybe!) Dr. Strange are just skipping a month.

No Strikeforce, Savage Avengers or Valkyrie. #8 would have been an O.K. place to wrap up Strikeforce, but SA and Valkyrie were an issue or two away from wrapping up the current story line. Hope we see those in September.....but I'm not holding my breath.
    I think some titles that are missing will likely be solicited in September with 2 - 3 issues. August is full of titles that are double shipping (some even have three). I think it is wise on Marvels part to stagger the releases like that until they are back on schedule. Gives my wallet some time to breathe. If everything was rushed out in 2 - 3 months I would be a nervous wreck.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I think some titles that are missing will likely be solicited in September with 2 - 3 issues. August is full of titles that are double shipping (some even have three). I think it is wise on Marvels part to stagger the releases like that until they are back on schedule. Gives my wallet some time to breathe. If everything was rushed out in 2 - 3 months I would be a nervous wreck.
    I really hope so I would be sad if Valkyrie & Strikeforce were cancelled. These two titles along with the cancelled Loki title were some of the great titles spinning out of War of The Realms

I think Valkyrie and some of the other missing ones will be coming back in September, though it does suck to have to wait so long for the next issue. maybe they can do double sized issues for some of the books that got delayed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, it's definitely cancelled. I just hope they wrap it up properly. Probably with the law being repealed.

I'm expecting those eight titles that went digital to have their next issues announces for a June digital release, yes - along with some of the other books that weren't solicited.

FF #21 was due on April 22 before the virus hit.
    I'm not so sure it's cancelled, it might just be that Marvel didn't want 2 events hitting simultaneously with the reduced capacity of Diamond, shops, and readers (fewer people will be buying comics in general, I would expect to see most books taking a hit in terms of copies sold) and they chose to go with Empyre first. Once that is done, Outlawed (and the books that tied into it) might return, but it will mean they are effectively on hiatus for a few months. In any case, I'd give it another month at least to see if the books are going digital or what before declaring it cancelled.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-21-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Did you forget about X of Swords? Outlawed definitely wasn't delayed to dodge Empyre, it'd still clash with another event. Also, Miles Morales #17 is out on June 10; the already digitally released 2020 Ironheart #1 and Ghost-Spider #9 are also Outlawed tie-ins (both books mentioned the teen hero ban). I'm telling you, Champions will be on the digital exclusive list and end up cancelled after one TPB.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-22-2020 at 01:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

X of Swords is an X-Men event, it's restricted to one corner of the universe, both Empyre and Outlawed are more universe wide type things. But I'm just saying, things are in such a state of flux and chaos right now, that you can't really make predictions and say things 'definitely' will be happening with any amount of certainty. The old rules no longer apply, and the new rules are in a state of flux as they are still figuring out what to do. While I do think that the number of titles put out at both Marvel and DC will be reduced in the near future, I think Marvel will try to minimize the number of books that get axed as much as they can. And there are some books that are not listed that I am sure they probably will not cancel, like Strange Academy debuted well with like 75k issues sold, and while that will go down, like any new series, it debuted well enough and had enough promotion that I doubt Marvel has just given up on it. So while some of the missing books probably will be cancelled, I don't think a book not appearing here spells certain doom, either.

And in the case of Champions, it's a #1. it MAKES SENSE to delay it. Sucks if you were anticipating it, but delaying it until September or October will probably be in it's best interest. Yeah, it looks like Outlawed will be really messed up with a lot of books being released out of sync, and that sucks, but Champions itself, they may have to make some tweaks, redo some pages, change some dialogue or something, but it can be salvaged, because it is a #1. they can put it on a back burner for as long as it takes for shipping to ramp back up, and not have to worry about some massive gap forming between issues.

#1 in name only. Outlawed #1 was the real launch issue. It's the second issue of the storyline. And it being knocked out of sync from Miles's book at least will cause continuity problems. Doesn't matter that X of Swords is only X-Men either. The fact is, the Outlawed books won't now get the marketing push they should've. And Outlawed #1's direct market sales numbers? Absolute crap. Not even 30k. They're doomed.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-22-2020 at 02:44 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think Valkyrie and some of the other missing ones will be coming back in September, though it does suck to have to wait so long for the next issue. maybe they can do double sized issues for some of the books that got delayed a lot.

I'm not so sure it's cancelled, it might just be that Marvel didn't want 2 events hitting simultaneously with the reduced capacity of Diamond, shops, and readers (fewer people will be buying comics in general, I would expect to see most books taking a hit in terms of copies sold) and they chose to go with Empyre first. Once that is done, Outlawed (and the books that tied into it) might return, but it will mean they are effectively on hiatus for a few months. In any case, I'd give it another month at least to see if the books are going digital or what before declaring it cancelled.
    Marvel have had events overlapping before. They might be conservative and space them out to give them a better chance in the post-covid market, but I doubt it. They've shown that no tie-in issues are safe (Ironheart 2020 for example). If Outlawed does end up happening, it will be at a reduced capacity. As it stands, there are two options - 1. put it out and rush through it or 2. Cancel it.

Marvel have stuffed planned months in advance (grand scheme of things anyway) so they might be eager just to focus on the money making stuff such as Empyre and X Of Swords. Get those Nd track and just head toward whatever they have planned afterwards.

I do hope I am wrong. It sucks for those who follow those titles. I myself have been lucky in that most of the books I collect are relatively safe (I did get stung over at DC with Supergirls last 2 issues going digital only). Just have to wait and see. But from a financial standpoint? Marvel will focus on guaranteed money earners for the next few months - the main books.

Astonishing Member

#1 in name only. Outlawed #1 was the real launch issue. It's the second issue of the storyline. And it being knocked out of sync from Miles's book at least will cause continuity problems. Doesn't matter that X of Swords is only X-Men either. The fact is, the Outlawed books won't now get the marketing push they should've. And Outlawed #1's direct market sales numbers? Absolute crap. Not even 30k. They're doomed.
    I guess that is the one good thing about the covid situation. It will force both Marvel and DC to look at their line and cutback a bit. Really focus on making their books as strong as they can and save mini-series for when a writer has a cracking story to tell with a character. Not rushing product out to flood the shelves. Consumers may be starved, but everybody is going to be more reserved and cautious. At least for the rest of the year.

In saying that, Marvels books are the strongest they have been in ages.

Ultimate Member

I guess that is the one good thing about the covid situation. It will force both Marvel and DC to look at their line and cutback a bit. Really focus on making their books as strong as they can and save mini-series for when a writer has a cracking story to tell with a character. Not rushing product out to flood the shelves. Consumers may be starved, but everybody is going to be more reserved and cautious. At least for the rest of the year.

In saying that, Marvels books are the strongest they have been in ages.
    Guess you have missed the news-we have had folks with armed weapons demanding the reopening of the country. With many state pandering to those demands.

Stores are being opened in some form. Guess who will be screaming for books?

All these books sale differently at stores. While some would be happy if Marvel NEVER publishes a book with a POC as the lead-there are stores who don't have trouble selling those books.

Man, no Doctor Strange? That is my favorite Marvel book right now next to Zdarsky's DD.

ASM 46/47
    Venom 27
    Daredevil annual 1
    Immortal Hulk 36
    Star Wars 5
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

All the more reason to delay it, then. Even if Outlawed is dead in the water, they can rework Champions to be less reliant on it, and have another go at it. Or not, I don't know. Depends on what the #1 was like, and how much work it would take to separate it from the Outlawed stuff, if pages need to be redrawn or whatnot.

Marvel have had events overlapping before. They might be conservative and space them out to give them a better chance in the post-covid market, but I doubt it. They've shown that no tie-in issues are safe (Ironheart 2020 for example). If Outlawed does end up happening, it will be at a reduced capacity. As it stands, there are two options - 1. put it out and rush through it or 2. Cancel it.

Marvel have stuffed planned months in advance (grand scheme of things anyway) so they might be eager just to focus on the money making stuff such as Empyre and X Of Swords. Get those Nd track and just head toward whatever they have planned afterwards.

I do hope I am wrong. It sucks for those who follow those titles. I myself have been lucky in that most of the books I collect are relatively safe (I did get stung over at DC with Supergirls last 2 issues going digital only). Just have to wait and see. But from a financial standpoint? Marvel will focus on guaranteed money earners for the next few months - the main books.
    Yes, Marvel has had overlapping events before, I know. But the rules have changed. They are obviously doing things differently now in regards to some other things as a result of the pandemic, so why is it a stretch to think they might want to spread the events out some? and there are more than two options here, as I outlined above. I'm not saying it definitely isn't cancelled, all I'm saying is that i think people are being too quick to jump to conclusions, is all. Give it some time, wait and see, because the pandemic has thrown all the old rules out the window, and we can't really predict what they might do.

I don't know if just delaying it would either hurt or help at this point. Sometimes it feels like teen titles at Marvel just can't catch a break...

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    All the more reason to delay it, then. Even if Outlawed is dead in the water, they can rework Champions to be less reliant on it, and have another go at it. Or not, I don't know. Depends on what the #1 was like, and how much work it would take to separate it from the Outlawed stuff, if pages need to be redrawn or whatnot.
    The Outlawed one-shot was entirely about the Champions (hence why I said Champions #1 was a #1 in name only - Outlawed #1 is basically Champions #0), so it's completely intertwined, there's no separating it. We already saw a preview of issue 1, it's been finished for months. Remember what happened to Justice League Odyssey when the first two completed issues were scrapped because it didn't fit with what the main JL book was doing? Odyssey wound up losing it's creative team after the first arc, and the book ended up retooled. That's what Champions would need to do to divorce from Outlawed. Can't see them going that route, scrapping full issues for rewrites. They're trying to save money right now, not spend more.

Looking forward to Spider-Man #46 and the Lethal Legion.