Page 65 of 130 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The one thing we know is Whedon lightened the complexion of some actors on film... until we didn't know it anymore.
    It was a technical issue, not the racial issue Fisher tried to make it out to be.

I wish we could have heard more from Gellar rather than just a show of support and declaring that she doesn't want to be associated with Whedon.

That's a pretty strong statement, but I would want more details from her as to what she saw and heard on set.

Also, would like to hear from Alyson Hannigan, and, of course, the male cast members of Buffy and Angel.

Similarly, I'd want to hear Gal Gadot speak out as to her dealings with Whedon. She said she had a problem with him that she was able to handle, but I'd like to hear the details to see how/if it links up with Fisher and Carpenter.

Also, where are the Avengers actors in this? If Scarlett Johannsson released a statement about Whedon -- negative or positive -- it would have a seismic impact.

However, I'd bet that with Whedon's star falling, people who now have positive things to say about him will just stay out of the crossfire and keep it to themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    It was a technical issue, not the racial issue Fisher tried to make it out to be.
    In 1978, the filmmaker Jean-Luc Godard famously refused to use Kodak film to shoot in Mozambique because he declared that Kodak film was racist due to how it was color calibrated.

Nothing new under the sun.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like Gellar's statement is strong enough. The lead actress saying she wants to distance herself from the creator of her big role, and saying she believes the abuse victims, is pretty damning in itself.

Even the other actors like Emma Caulfield and David Boreanaz simply liking these Tweets, while not as strong as support as it could be, speaks volumes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I wish we could have heard more from Gellar rather than just a show of support and declaring that she doesn't want to be associated with Whedon.

That's a pretty strong statement, but I would want more details from her as to what she saw and heard on set.

Also, would like to hear from Alyson Hannigan, and, of course, the male cast members of Buffy and Angel.

Similarly, I'd want to hear Gal Gadot speak out as to her dealings with Whedon. She said she had a problem with him that she was able to handle, but I'd like to hear the details to see how/if it links up with Fisher and Carpenter.

Also, where are the Avengers actors in this? If Scarlett Johannsson released a statement about Whedon -- negative or positive -- it would have a seismic impact..
    People understand what retaliation means.

It's not what is done in plain sight of everyone but what is done behind the scenes.

Lets say Ray gets 50 auditions and lands NONE of them. In the normal scheme of things-no one would notice. Because EVERYONE has been through it.

What if he got passed over on PURPOSE? Because now a studio has to be CAREFUL in who they hire. Why we would THINK it would be Wheldon finding a harder time to get gigs-it can be the other way around.

Lets say you are the studio-do you take Ray KNOWING you got a director who might cross the line at being toxic or do you bypass Ray? We would THINK you get rid of the director. However as we have seen RESUMES are valued more than character.

If you want a better example-Dwayne McDuffie. As Gail Simone said-he had a LOT of doors slammed in his face for speaking out on what was wrong in comics. Same with Priest.

That is why most folks don't talk or say as little as possible.

Always speak your truths

-Kai Cole
    -Ray Fisher
    -Michelle Trachtenberg
    -Charisma Carpenter
    -Sophia Crawford
    -Jeff Pruitt
    -James Marsters
    -Sarah Michell Gellar
    -Amber Benson
    -Gal Gadot
    -Jason Momoa.

I stand with you
    Last edited by Jabare; 02-10-2021 at 10:17 PM.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Always speak your truths

-Kai Cole
    -Ray Fisher
    -Michelle Trachtenberg
    -Charisma Carpenter
    -Sophia Crawford
    -Jeff Pruitt
    -James Marsters
    -Sarah Michell Gellar
    -Amber Benson
    -Gal Gadot
    -Jason Momoa.

I stand with you
    And yet Fisher STILL hasn't said exactly what he's upset about. I don't stand with anyone until I know where they stand, and we don't with Fisher. All Carpenter and the others did was confirm yet again what everyone already knew about Whedon. They know nothing about, and said nothing about whatever Fisher is on about with League, since they weren't there. The Avengers was probably a much more pleasant shoot than League, since Whedon wasn't called in at the last moment to completely change a nearly completed movie like he was in League. And of course it's again back to Whedon, with Johns, Berg, and whoever else Fisher is mad at this week seemingly forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Ouch. This is pretty damning, ain't it? And disappointing as I am still such a huge fan of his work.

I do wonder, though, just how much worse Whedon is than your average difficult director? Sad to see that he is apparently a gigantic dick but even this sounds like child's play in comparison to the shit that certain famous directors have pulled in the past.
    Yeah, still haven't seen anything worth 'cancelling' over. Like you said he child's play. I see a bunch of hurt feelings, and an unpleasant person... but I also see people standing in line to work with him. People who call him toxic still sign on for the spinoffs and next projects. Maybe he's a jerk to work for... but then every boss I ever had was a jerk to work for. How much different is this? Really... Charisma carpenter says he called her fat? Dang... I now want to cancel everyone I ever met between 1990 to present... that's rude... it's not abusive and toxic. There's a difference. Words matter. What's actually worth canceling someone's career over?

Just because Whedon isn't Roman Polanski (literal child rapist) doesn't mean his conduct can be excused.

I believe Ray Fisher, Charisma Carpenter, James Masters and all the others who have spoken out against Whedon and I stand with them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Maybe he's a jerk to work for... but then every boss I ever had was a jerk to work for. How much different is this?
    That's really the thing hurting Fisher as he tries to mobilize the masses for his benefit. The average person has to deal with jerkiness from a boss here or there, yet don't have the same resources to counteract it like Ray does as a celebrity. Unless he can state something much bigger than Joss or whomever being a jackass, he's not going to get what he really wants.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Were you there?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Were you there?
    Didn't Ray pretty much backtrack on that issue?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, still haven't seen anything worth 'cancelling' over. Like you said he child's play. I see a bunch of hurt feelings, and an unpleasant person... but I also see people standing in line to work with him. People who call him toxic still sign on for the spinoffs and next projects. Maybe he's a jerk to work for... but then every boss I ever had was a jerk to work for. How much different is this? Really... Charisma carpenter says he called her fat? Dang... I now want to cancel everyone I ever met between 1990 to present... that's rude... it's not abusive and toxic. There's a difference. Words matter. What's actually worth canceling someone's career over?
    He also asked her if she was going to abort her baby, and had been ignoring her requests to talk about her pregnancy. And then let her catch the blame for the storyline being screwed up because of it by not telling them in time, and made the pregnant woman show up at 1am for shooting. Tim Minear, one of the other writers on the show (and sidebar, his episodes were better than Joss's as a rule) backed up her claim that she had attempted to speak about her pregnancy well before the last minute.

The actresses and actors calling him toxic do not sign up for his next projects. Gellar, Carpenter, Trachtenberg, Benson, Marsters, Boreanaz, Brendon, Caulfield, etc. did not work with him again post-Buffyverse. Why do you think that is?

Anthony Stewart Head has weighed in:
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...-anthony-head/
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He also asked her if she was going to abort her baby, and had been ignoring her requests to talk about her pregnancy. And then let her catch the blame for the storyline being screwed up because of it by not telling them in time, and made the pregnant woman show up at 1am for shooting. Tim Minear, one of the other writers on the show (and sidebar, his episodes were better than Joss's as a rule) backed up her claim that she had attempted to speak about her pregnancy well before the last minute.

The actresses and actors calling him toxic do not sign up for his next projects. Gellar, Carpenter, Trachtenberg, Benson, Marsters, Boreanaz, Brendon, Caulfield, etc. did not work with him again post-Buffyverse. Why do you think that is?
    Halitosis?