Page 24 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Both comic book characters were created during WWII. WWI is arguably more complex and grayer than WWII because of, among other reasons, the entangling alliances that were called into play once the Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated. There's debate to this day whether England should have even entered the war at all because it cost them millions of casualties. WWI was very complicated and there was a reason folks at the time called it "The Great War" or "The War to End All Wars." I think it's a smart choice to have Diana enter Man's World closer to the turn of the century instead of WWII for the movie.
    I do think the WW1 setting would it a great place for a Wonder woman story to begin and seems ripe with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    After seeing the footage I am psyched but a bit annoyed because I get the feeling that Diana cannot fly in the film verse....and that bothers me a lot more than i thought it would... Plus interviews with Gal Gadot seems to indicate she moves from place to place via hulk giant leaps..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    After seeing the footage I am psyched but a bit annoyed because I get the feeling that Diana cannot fly in the film verse....and that bothers me a lot more than i thought it would... Plus interviews with Gal Gadot seems to indicate she moves from place to place via hulk giant leaps..
    They stated that a long time ago that she wont be flying. She has her speed and strength as usual but they took her to base powers like she was when she started. No post-crisis Flight. I can see her having a vehicle built on paradise Island after she gets back from world war 1 from seeing the tech in that age so she can fly in it.

Mighty Member

official release date

WB has confirmed the release date for Wonder Woman as June 23, 2017
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 01-22-2016 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Office release date
    If BvS wildly over-performs this March, I'm crossing my fingers that the WW solo moves to late March 2017. Not only does that give us the WW movie earlier, but it more evenly spaces out the DCEU releases to about every six months. Plus, the WW film can def be ready way earlier than June 2017. Yes, I'm impatient!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    If BvS wildly over-performs this March, I'm crossing my fingers that the WW solo moves to late March 2017. Not only does that give us the WW movie earlier, but it more evenly spaces out the DCEU releases to about every six months. Plus, the WW film can def be ready way earlier than June 2017. Yes, I'm impatient!
    Of course I would be happy if it came sooner, but selfishly I want it to stick to the June 23rd release date cuz that's my birthday

Any credible sounding word on who Robyn Wright is playing? I feel like it's got to be Paula von Gunther. She's such a perfect villain for the era this is set in and the themes they'll want to hit that I think they'd be dumb not to use her.
    Last edited by Bosch; 01-22-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    Any credible sounding word on who Robyn Wright is playing? I feel like it's got to be Paula von Gunther. She's such a perfect villain for the era this is set in and the themes they'll want to hit that I think they'd be dumb not to use her.
    WW's aunt.

Could be Hera, could be someone else. Greek mythology - so pretty much every God/Goddess is related to one another.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

So what do people think of the Amazons being created to protect humanity but abandoning it? Anyone think we'll have something similar to the Perez origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So what do people think of the Amazons being created to protect humanity but abandoning it? Anyone think we'll have something similar to the Perez origin?
    It sounds like exactly that. I'm reading the omniubus right now and that description is almost taken verbatim from Athena's speach to Hippolyte when she was preparing to move the Amazons to the island.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Actually it would considering how Doomsdays heatvision bounces off her shield much like water from a hose would in the second trailer (we know it's her shield its bouncing off because it's her sliding back with it slightly glowing). The blast we see in the first trailer is the same we see in the 2nd and is much like a conventional explosion and the wave we see is simply superheated air created by the heatvision striking the shield.

Reason why this does't happen when Zod and Clark used it is probably due to how small theirs are compared to Doomsday, they use eyes while it seems to use it's entire face, secondly we dont see it hit anything that could withstand it save Faora's suit for half a second. And possibly because Doomsday may be firing this at full tilt, much like Zod did rather than the rather restrained shots Superman took.
    Slowing down the playback let's you see that those are different scenes/sequences entirely. There is one with her clanging the bracelets and doing the offensive energy blitzkrieg. Then there is another where she is pushed back by an energy blast. I am not entirely sure that one is Doomsday (though the editing makes it look that way). I am thinking that one might have actually been Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    She can't be a Feminist because her mother slept with a married man and had her? Really?

Well it seems like alot of men and women cant be much of anything because they are products of infidelity. Diana gets Benefits and downsides by being her fathers daughter but that doesn't change who she is as a person but evidently you don't really care about that, you only care about some notion of her not being pure because her parents actions or because a man was involved in her creation.
    The daughter of Zeus and Hippolyte thing is awful to me for the backstabbing of a sister and her deity to boot but also and more importantly because it shifts the sourcing of her powers from the feminine. Wonder Woman's mythology is one of the few places in all of fantasy where that dynamic existed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Slowing down the playback let's you see that those are different scenes/sequences entirely. There is one with her clanging the bracelets and doing the offensive energy blitzkrieg. Then there is another where she is pushed back by an energy blast. I am not entirely sure that one is Doomsday (though the editing makes it look that way).

I am thinking that one might have actually been Superman.
    First of all, you never actually see her 'clanging her bracelets', so lets just put that down under speculation that crossing them is actually what she is doing. Because how she moves could as easily be her about to throw a punch. Which seems far more likely since she only pulls back one arm and turns her torso with it, which would make any blocking move look really weird unless she meant to block something to her right that she isn't actually looking at.
    Secondly, you say it yourself that the editing makes it tricky to see. Now let me be the one to point out that the clips of Diana being thrown/pushed against the block of concrete and the 'clanging' are actually taking place later in the movie than the shot of the blast we see.
    Third, the blast is an effect shot that's supposed to look awesome, these kinds of shots generally don't get replicated, especially not if they are so similar that they are virtually identical. And Snyder is not the guy who'd do that... otherwise Perry, Lambard and Jenny would have had to outrun more than one falling skyscraper in MoS.

And why would Superman be taking a shot like that at her, if he then later just looks at Batman when she reappears?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    First of all, you never actually see her 'clanging her bracelets', so lets just put that down under speculation that crossing them is actually what she is doing. Because how she moves could as easily be her about to throw a punch. Which seems far more likely since she only pulls back one arm and turns her torso with it, which would make any blocking move look really weird unless she meant to block something to her right that she isn't actually looking at.
    In one of the previously released trailers, we do see her clang them together. My theory is that the footage spawns three different engagements. Thanks to clever editing it looks like it is all one continuous sequence but I don't think it is such after doing the frame by frame playback. (Tech is awesome)

The clue as to why would Superman be engaging her is in this last extended one. I think she has separate encounters with and against both heroes which puts her affiliations up for question. I cannot wait to find out if this is true!

Double posting--sorry!
    Last edited by Stanlos; 01-23-2016 at 02:01 PM.