Super Moderator

Default SENYC: 75 Years of Marvel With Claremont and David

Veteran writers Chris Claremont and Peter David team with Nick Lowe for a freewheeling look back at their personal Marvel histories in New York.

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Nice to see how Lee, Kirby and the Fantastic Four had such an influence on these two. The plaudits are well deserved.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

I didn't watch Frozen, so can anyone explain to me what was the similarity between Rogue and the movie?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    I didn't watch Frozen, so can anyone explain to me what was the similarity between Rogue and the movie?
    Hair changes color. Maybe there's more, but nothing comes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    Hair changes color. Maybe there's more, but nothing comes to me.
    well she is afraid of 'touching' people and hurting them after she has a traumatic incident with her sister, since she has no control over her powers etc... Oh and using 'gloves' help her control her powers a bit (since it turns out it's mostly a mental trauma that prevents her from controlling her powers)

Actually I would say she has more resemblance to Jean and the Phoenix.

But I can see the Rogue POV

Amazing Member

Actually Chris was the one with the opening "old farts" line,

PAD

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Hi there PAD! Got your She-Hulk run; and drop by the Spider-Man forum if you can spill a bit more on O'Hara that you are allowed to. Anything else you want to add from SENYC?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

While I have been loving Nauck on Nightcrawler (though really, I have liked him on everything I've ever seen out of him and would potentially follow him most anywhere), I wish he was working on All-New Ultimates. He is great with drawing youthful characters (hence why he was so great with the original Young Justice). I would probably put him up in the same class as Mark Bagley.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ha, wonder which modern book Claremont read.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post
    Actually Chris was the one with the opening "old farts" line,

PAD
    Fixed!

Sorry, Peter. I could have swore that was your voice.

Peter David and Chris Claremont, a winning combination if ever there was one.

This has been a good year for Claremont. He got to see one of his most famous stories turned into a movie and unlike before, it was only partially butchered and not completely butchered. And it promises to be a good year for PAD as well because he gets to bring Spider-Man 2099 back into the spotlight. I always felt that was a highly underrated title. I'm glad both men are still writing comics and putting out quality work. The industry and the status quo might have changed, but they still find a way to tell awesome stories within these circumstances. That alone is a testament to their talent and legacy.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Claremont makes it sounds like he created the not new, not different X-Men.
    But he didn't. It's Len Wein who created Claw Guy or Weather Girl or Blue Devil Guy.
    Among the characters who are important in the movies, he only created Stryker, Leech Girl, Phasing Girl, Fake Girl and Tiger Guy.

That said, I agree that Fox owes him a lot, since they used some of his stories and since he is the one who made the X-Men popular and turned some crappy Kirby/Lee villain into a compelling character.

BANNED

"That's why 'Days of Future Past' only runs two issues – because that's all it needed,"

Amazing what a good writer could do with just two issues isn't it?

Back in the day you could do an event within two or three issues of one single book. A truly far cry from today's monster events with 6 or 9 main issues and a million crossovers in other books or minis related to said event.

But then again we could also blame Claremont with starting this trend with stories like Mutant Massacre, Fall Of The Mutants, and Inferno.

So there you go.