Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    This is dumb. Any character not named Cyclops, Emma or Kitty briefly getting the spotlight should be a cause for celebration. I don't remember this much salt from Storm fans when Cyclops was the only character that mattered. It's crabs in a bucket mentality.
    1. giant size xmen was amazing

dont miss the message because some here dont like how Hickman has written jean. not one storm fan has said anything bad about this issue from what I've seen, including myself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

jean isnt always a fighter who gives it her all until the very end when facing death. she is not rven injured or using her powers in the scan above. I think Hickman's jean deserves more credit.
    Oh, good, now you're using Uncanny 394 to prove what ? I already raised the problem before :

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    As a Jean Grey fan, I tend to think she was OCC. Even non Jean Grey fans realized she was out of character in this Orchid mission and were vocal about it on social medias. if Jean has to die, she won't go without a fight. But she even didn't tried in HoX/PoX. It's like she didn't have TK. And if there was one thing that we can say about Jean Grey, it's that she was never afraid about death.

And that's also why fans and readers thought she was OOC in Uncanny X-Men 394 (Joe Casey) in 2001, when she was written as a hopeless damsel in distress...
    Good for us, Morrison never wrote that kind of Jean. Even when she & Logan were heading to the sun, with the certainty of death, she never cried or whined.

You have to admit, as a Storm Fan, that you are the expert on the character, and that sometimes she's kind of OOC (Taylor X-Men Red) and sometimes well written (Giant Size). You know better, because Storm is your favorite character. I hope the same applies for some Jean fans here. Being a fan doesn't mean that we are always right. But some of us are - I think - rational and some of us have a huge knowledge about a character history.
    what's an excuse her being near death? bleeding from her injuries? withstanding the feedback from her teammates death? communicating by herself millions of miles away the events on orchis? find me an instance where she did more all at once and she came from it unscathed and I will concede but I dont think you can or will. so yes I do agree beloved to agree to disagree.
    When she was driving the space shuttle to earth and was heading to a certain death. And an horrible one : Bleeding inside and out. Massive hemorrhaging as cellular bonds dissolve. Turning blind. She was almost dead, she was barely a corpse hanging on only by force of her will. Did she gave up?
    Last edited by franckd; 03-03-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Oh, good, now you're using Uncanny 394 to prove what ? I already raised the problem before :
    to prove jean doesnt always have the resolve some would claim she has. and she was t a damsel in distress that issue. the mutant they both fought was just stronger than she was. logan was just as helpless.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

dont miss the message because some here dont like how Hickman has written jean. not one storm fan has said anything bad about this issue from what I've seen, including myself.
    The thread didn't get derailed because of Jean fans complaining about the issue(which I didn't see either, the complaints about Hickman's writing are from HOX and X-Men), but because of Storm fans bringing up random **** from X-Men Red. And you were also the one who brought up HOX Jean to stir up the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The thread didn't get derailed because of Jean fans complaining about the issue(which I didn't see either, the complaints about Hickman's writing are from HOX and X-Men), but because of Storm fans bringing up random **** from X-Men Red. And you were also the one who brought up HOX Jean to stir up the pot.
    Thank you. With some fans here, it's kind of double standards... They can't stand when their fav are written out of characters. But they lecture other fanbases when they're not happy for bad writing too.
    Last edited by franckd; 03-03-2020 at 01:11 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well that explains how y'all got 24 pages out of a picture book with two pages of dialogue.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm kinda late to the party as I only got to reading this book last night but goddamn, I loved this issue. The silence all the way through really made it amazing and really increased the gravity of the words spoken by Jean at the end. Can't wait for issue #2!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

to prove jean doesnt always have the resolve some would claim she has. and she was t a damsel in distress that issue. the mutant they both fought was just stronger than she was. logan was just as helpless.
    I brought Uncanny X-Men 394 before you did, to show what was wrong about Jean's writing sometimes. And you brought it back to "prove" you're right.
    Next time, maybe I will bring all the times Storm was written OOC, and will claim that's the real Storm...

I brought Uncanny X-Men 394 before you did, to show what was wrong about Jean's writing sometimes. And you brought it back to "prove" you're right.
    Next time, maybe I will bring all the times Storm was written OOC, and will claim that's the real Storm...
    absolutely not. Jean fans were talking about her being super powerful blah blah blah because she is unbeatable or should be because of events in xmen red which started around page 13 or 14. a jean fan made mention of her getting shine after being dead for however long. had nothing to do with a storm fan. and hox was brought up by me to make a point about characterization, as that was the topic at that time. so it wasn't to stir the pot but to make a point.

had nothing to do with storm fans.

Franck you did bring it up but it aligned to the point I was making earlier that there are instances of the character not being this strong willed fighter. I even added her not resisting the dark Phoenix.

I wonder if Storm's mental defences were inspired by this moment. She saw a lion with a white mane right before suffering the traumatic brain injury that set up Lifedeath II. Between X-men 7's references and the ones in GSX, Lifedeath is baked into the X-World right now. I loved GSX for it's depth and subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

I wonder if Storm's mental defences were inspired by this moment. She saw a lion with a white mane right before suffering the traumatic brain injury that set up Lifedeath II. Between X-men 7's references and the ones in GSX, Lifedeath is baked into the X-World right now. I loved GSX for it's depth and subtlety.
    yes!!!! this instance and there was another instance where tchalla refers to her as his white lioness:

Hickman truly knocked this one out of the park. without much of any words it was so well done!!

I love that Storm's defences take the form of a snake when dealing with Emma's behaviour. It speaks to Emma's past of snaky behaviour and also to the toxicity built up in Storm's mind that is actively hindering people trying to help (I don't blame Ororo, things are complicated!)

I love seeing Jean work her telepathic magic transforming that toxicity into the mind's beauty and using what's there to their advantage.

Also, look at Emma holding Jean's waste. I didn't notice that before. Too CUTE.

I love that Storm's defences take the form of a snake when dealing with Emma's behaviour. It speaks to Emma's past of snaky behaviour and also to the toxicity built up in Storm's mind that is actively hindering people trying to help (I don't blame Ororo, things are complicated!)

I love seeing Jean work her telepathic magic transforming that toxicity into the mind's beauty and using what's there to their advantage.

While riding side-saddle, just like a proper lady. LOL. LOVE IT!

yes boo. I'm curious as to what the elephant butterfly is supposed to symbolize? for me interpret to be ororo inner strength.snd beauty guiding them both to the place where her infection resides.

Dauterman is fantastic.