Page 816 of 885 FirstFirst ... 316716766806812813814815816817818819820826866 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 13267
    Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Nice art by Brandon Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    "My mentor died that day" - somewhere on a deserted asteroid in the vega cluster, a lone tear rolls down Kilowag's cheek...

But seriously, this doesn't look too bad. Hal & Barry I can get behind.

Did Venditti write the dialog for the cover? Because it doesn't really seem necessary. Just a face to face angry shot would've been fine. The text made it seem like a couple of 8 year olds arguing. Anyway, onward to #50.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think so. In the Injustice universe he started wearing while flying again because fear started creeping up on him again after Superman's fall.

That's some Abin Sur stuff!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    "My mentor died that day" - somewhere on a deserted asteroid in the vega cluster, a lone tear rolls down Kilowag's cheek...

But seriously, this doesn't look too bad. Hal & Barry I can get behind.

Did Venditti write the dialog for the cover? Because it doesn't really seem necessary. Just a face to face angry shot would've been fine. The text made it seem like a couple of 8 year olds arguing. Anyway, onward to #50.
    But....what about Sinestro?!

Extraordinary Member

It is really great to see old continuity brought back, especially in regards to Green Lantern.

So much history surrounds Tomar-Re: training Hal, failing to save Krypton, recommending Katma as Sinestro's successor, and his ring going to John Stewart.

It would have been interesting to see a confrontation between Tomar-Tu, and Zod.

Geez, Tomar-Tu....are you after hard justice, or vengeance?

This is one of the reasons I don't like heroes that kill.

I'm fine with anti-heroes who do kill, though.

Astonishing Member

for me Kilowog will always be that sweet giant alien that had a crush on Arisia when he was first introduced. Hard to accept that trainer that trained Hal when he seemed to have less experience than Arisia back when the Corps book was Hal, John, Guy, Arisia, Katma, Ch'p, Salaak and Kilowog.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    But....what about Sinestro?!
    I know right? Hal's got more mentors than he has pink slips from Ferris Air.
    Save Ferris...

Tomar-Re, Ganthet, Kilowog, Sinestro, Abin-Sur and his dad's ghost...yeah, he does have a lot of mentors .

Nice bit of continuity with Venditti bringing back Goldface killing Tomar-Re. Kinda feel bad for Goldface though (having read him from Johns' Flash run where he did go straight).

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    for me Kilowog will always be that sweet giant alien that had a crush on Arisia when he was first introduced. Hard to accept that trainer that trained Hal when he seemed to have less experience than Arisia back when the Corps book was Hal, John, Guy, Arisia, Katma, Ch'p, Salaak and Kilowog.
    Yes - it was such a complete change of character! I think he had a couple of appearances after the GLC title ended (I can think of one in particular where he was with the JLI) where he was transitioning and he was still portrayed as "simple" but more mechanical and tech-savy rather than scientific and a bio-chemist so had a rougher edge as opposed to being naive, then he was just "rough" which lead to him being retconned as the GL drill instructor. That's how I saw it anyway...

I guess it really all depends on how you first got into a character.

It's really hard for me to imagine a Kilowog that's not a drill sergeant or calling someone a "Poozer."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it really all depends on how you first got into a character.

It's really hard for me to imagine a Kilowog that's not a drill sergeant or calling someone a "Poozer."
    For what it's worth, he always called people "Poozer" even when he was the "gentle giant" - it just had a nicer connotation then.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-04-2018 at 10:05 PM.

and here i was hoping for goldface to make a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    and here i was hoping for goldface to make a comeback.
    Same here .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here .
    Why? I didn't read his appearances in "The Flash" but he never seemed anything more than a gimmick to play on GL's old weakness. Was there more to him that I missed?