Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    They conveniently leave out the fact that the person responsible for Genosha, Cassandra Nova, was a mutant.
    Nah dude She ain't
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

They conveniently leave out the fact that the person responsible for Genosha, Cassandra Nova, was a mutant.
    What does that have to do with the Avengers not showing up for disaster relief?

It finds rather ironic that people complain 'humans' didn't help mutants in the past.
    The truth is non-mutants don't help much non-mutants neither: do you see rallies against the wars that occur at this moment that are killing many civilians?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Who just directed the people building Sentinels to direct their killing robots at Genosha in a unprovoked attack. Those Sentinels she used were built by humans with the eventual intention of using them on Mutants.
    Also, Cassandra Nova is a Mummudrai and more meta-human than mutant. Her powers are more grounded in the supernatural and demonic.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We should have a three helmet cerebro and call it cerebus
    After the aardvark?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont even get how saying the MU heroes have let mutantkind down is a controversial or debatable statement when it gets spelled out in universe every now and then and was never contested.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/27...5c2b4d320a.jpg
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/84140735...5qqo4_1280.jpg
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/3yqp_1aljl...1I5r1DSA=s1600
    Times when the MU heroes let down the mutants is something I credit to many of the writers letting mutant/non-mutant relations run into a hopeless circle of suffering more than anything else. They could have expanded on a potentially blossoming relationship from elements in earlier comics such as Secret Wars, but evidently, they choose not to. I don't think it's so much a case of bad characters, but more so bad writers.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-11-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Mummundrai, not a mutant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Mummundrai, not a mutant.
    If she created a body based on the DNA of a mutant and then inhabited it, what exactly makes her any less of a mutant than Siniser or the Pod-men? (or any of the chimeras, etc)

BANNED

Writers aren't forgetting to include classic heroes into the mutant narrative, its a deliberate move bc traditional heroes need to not handle the mutant problematic well for the XMen to work. They just gotta take that L.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If she created a body based on the DNA of a mutant and then inhabited it, what exactly makes her any less of a mutant than Siniser or the Pod-men? (or any of the chimeras, etc)
    That may be true but her origin is a demonic entity that wants to help humans destroy all of mutant kind. She is an ally to the humans who want to destroy mutants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Many memorable Storm lines here.
    I especially liked the part where she threatened to eat the human babies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    That may be true but her origin is a demonic entity that wants to help humans destroy all of mutant kind. She is an ally to the humans who want to destroy mutants.
    In a recent X-Force interview they seemed to acknowledge XRed something tells me when Cassandra shows up again she might be allied with the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Sure (although I don't know if she ever allied with or cared for "humans" she just used what was there for her purposes which had more to do with Xavier than any "war" between species) but I am more interested in the broader discussion of what counts as a mutant now. Whether it was characters like Longshot, Warlock, Danger, etc., and now Sinister, plus all of the stuff he has been working on being brought to the main story. By most any of those examples, Cassandra would be argued to be a mutant, a being who was born/evolved differently then their species.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The X-Men being rebirthed are the exact same X-Men that we’ve been reading about, it was made evidently clear in HOX5 so that doesn’t need explaining. Jean says in that very same issue dealing with Cassandra’s revelation that she needed a body, but she was pure energy. She made a mutsnt body but she’s existed long before that. Chimeras are entirely comprised of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    In a recent X-Force interview they seemed to acknowledge XRed something tells me when Cassandra shows up again she might be allied with the X-Men.
    Yeah, she had the empathy implant put in her head by Jean which gives her human feelings of empathy and compassion. I imagine if she does come back as a temporary ally something will happen that causes the empathy/compassion implant to stop working and she will turn on everyone.