Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So much has has changed for the X-Universe since 2019 started, not even the thread title fits as thematically as it once did. If we end up having another CBR reboot for all the appreciation threads, what would we even call this? Is it time this just opened up to all X-students?
    Ive always treated it as such

So much has has changed for the X-Universe since 2019 started, not even the thread title fits as thematically as it once did. If we end up having another CBR reboot for all the appreciation threads, what would we even call this? Is it time this just opened up to all X-students?
    Nah. The NXM encompass a particular span of kids, as far as I'm concerned. Everyone who shuffled in after M-Day can be part of The Lost Generation or whatever.

Glob and the Wallpapers...

(I would rather a thread for all the X-Kids, since I think, jokes aside, we all want what's best for our precious Mutant beans. Plus, we'll just discuss others anyway and it avoids occasional conversations about whether Armor counts as a New X-Man etc. Which are fine, but if the vast majority of Mutants are now together, it feels like an unnecessary separation to me.)

It'll be a cold day in hell before I acknowledge Sprite, Teon, Nature Girl and Ziggy Karst

BANNED

It's bad enough that Marvel is habitually lumping all the post-GenX kids together. Damned if I'm gonna do it here, too. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nah. The NXM encompass a particular span of kids, as far as I'm concerned. Everyone who shuffled in after M-Day can be part of The Lost Generation or whatever.
    Honestly, I'll always think of the as Academy X before New X-Men, just because Morrison's X-Men looms so large (increasingly so, actually). Academy X doesn't have any competition...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Honestly, I'll always think of the as Academy X before New X-Men, just because Morrison's X-Men looms so large (increasingly so, actually). Academy X doesn't have any competition...
    If you say "The New X-Men" people will still know you mean the Academy X/KYost group.

Wait sorry to interrupt the dialogue I started but never contributed to but:

https://www.newsarama.com/47484-dawn...rcy-x-men.html
    Nrama: Alright so, Ed, at the "Dawn of X" panel during New York Comic Con, we got the idea that the "New Mutants" name means a little bit more than we first thought. It's not just about a new, young class of mutants, but about a welcoming party to modern mutant society. How would you frame that in terms of how it fits into the larger narrative of what you and Hickman are doing?

Brisson: Well, I think that within the larger narrative, Krakoa is supposed to be this perfect site, it's a great place for the mutants to be in. And I think a lot of the newer mutants are younger. They're closer to that moment where they came into being mutants and felt like outsiders. Then finally, you have this place where they belong. So they just want to share it, you know? They think that where they live is a great place and they want everyone to take part in it. In a lot of ways, it's a hopeful book. There's a lot of hope and there's a lot of excitement. Everyone's happy for a little bit, you know? But obviously, it's X-Men, so not always.

Nrama: Those are famous last words in X-Men comics.

Brisson: I think it's an interesting way that we can introduce some new mutants, but also bring back some of the younger mutants that we haven't seen for awhile. I think it's just going to be a lot of fun and a great way to see them kind of just going door-to-door and being like, “Hey, have you heard the good word about Krakoa?”

Nrama: Are you saying that you may be creating a lot of new mutants?

Brisson: I'm not saying that. I want to be cautious. I don't want to say that, though there are maybe one or two new characters coming onto the table. I think that we have like 16,000 X-Men or however many there are. So we don't want to just keep adding, you know, we want to really develop -

Howard: We can bring back so many now.

Brisson: Yeah and in the New Mutants work we're going to try and just focus a little bit on some of the younger mutants that don't necessarily have the spotlight very often.

We're going to kind of recontextualize their powers a little bit. Mondo, for example, right away Mondo can interact with Krakoa it can almost become like part of Krakoa in a way that others can't. So we're going to be doing some kind of fun stuff and re-examine how the powers work.
    I feel like I’m being tortured via water drops hitting my forehead. Are these young mutants gonna be the ones we see plastered on the cover (and ones we’ve seen in the forefront for the last year?) or other characters.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If you say "The New X-Men" people will still know you mean the Academy X/KYost group.
    Maybe? Wasn't there another New X-Men series about the classic characters, too?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, but that roster - Xavier, Cyclops, Emma, Beast, Jean - all have their own appreciation threads, so they don't need a team one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, but that roster - Xavier, Cyclops, Emma, Beast, Jean - all have their own appreciation threads, so they don't need a team one.
    Wasn't so much thinking appreciation thread as much as if the term "New X-Men" obviously refers to the "Academy X"/"Childhood's End" characters out of context.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I would imagine more people associate "New X-Men" with Grant Morrison's series over anything else. It came earlier, lasted for about as long, and is almost unquestionably held in higher regard. If you don't specify "Academy X" "New Mutants Volume 2" or possibly "Childhood's End" they'd be more likely to bring up Kid Omega or Beak than Surge or Mercury.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 10-19-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I agree with the sentiment that the New X-Men should be kept separate. They’ve gone through generation-defining moments together and should be talked about and expressed as its own thing ala New Mutants and Generation X. But I’m also of the mind that the New X-Men/Academy X generation is bigger than most say. Not so much that it envelops the Lights but I regard Cipher and Graymalkin as honorees in the same vein Boom-Boom and Rictor are New Mutants. As for the ‘Armor’ argument, she was on a training squad just like the rest of Academy X so I think it makes complete sense that she’d be a part of that generation even if her role in it is basically: “I’m not one of y’all cause the senior X-Men favor me so much more.”

Also, for NXM appearances to watch out for next week, Melody Guthrie is showing up in the main story of the Fearless finale, written by Seanan McGuire and drawn by Claire Roe: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-4/

Last edited by Tycon; 10-19-2019 at 07:06 PM.

No because I dislike most of the X-Students. The Childhood's End group deserve their own mainline X-Men book, as far as I am concerned they should have been on all the New X-Men books over the years instead of those bastard teen O5 characters.

Yeah, whatever they get called, they're their own group and should have their own thread.