Page 438 of 544 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 8147
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I enjoyed it too. IT was nice to see the good mutants could do, and how wondrous that could be, much like how the real world could, if your average day, haters, selfish people, entitled humans that somehow think because they breathe they deserve more than others could be in u.n.iiiiii.t.yyyyyyyyyy.
    Exactly.

If, Humans could get off their damn HIGH HORSE and work with Mutants. They both would be the Dominant Species and the most dangerous in the Universe.

Yeah... So Storm in immortal was absolutely gorgeous. But i'm not going to lie, the Pete/Ororo moment kind of hurt. I'm not going to get into the rest of the plot cause i honestly overalled didn't care but that one page with Pete just hoping ororo would know, and thinking he should have known better. For me that is the most damage done to Storm character this era. Not directly, but with the sheer force of the plot. I hope she noticed and playing the game but i won't hold my breath for it. There bond took a real plot induced hit as presented especially since he looked for that moment and the writer chose not to give it, especially after the "you can't lie to me, i know" but he had her stand there and look one of her best friends in the eye and be like "peace." so i hope the gas lighting about how wonderful storm has been in judgement and etc as though gillien wrote those scenes can be put to rest now.
    Storm was Great in Immortal as well. Her conversation with Piotr was Interesting. I love the Line where she tells him "We'll live with what you've done today Peter. I hope Your right"
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I thought the issue was quite good. We got a lot of POC focus today. Had very classic X-Men story energy, and Storm was used so creatively. I LOVE when writers get creative and in meaningful ways. Like its one thing to show a tricycle (had to lol on her punking this bigot) being blasted apart by lightning on a probably a publicly recorded scene, but a lot more arguable that it was a technical malfunction when she manipulated the pressure inside it. Plus the refined control to remove the toxins from the air and an oxygen-rich sphere. I was loving it. Very solid story, good panel time, and creative development for the cast (and bringing in characters who can use more panel time).
    Yeah, I loved how each Mutant is given a Job and it's explained what they can do and how it's helping the People. Wonderfully done.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

MFS was really good.
    Classic X-Men style made me happy.
    Bonus no Wolverines .
    Love how Cyclops lead the battle field and Storm handle the leader of the Dogs.
    More of this in the future please.
    This really felt like a full team and everyone had some part to play.

Yeah... So Storm in immortal was absolutely gorgeous. But i'm not going to lie, the Pete/Ororo moment kind of hurt. I'm not going to get into the rest of the plot cause i honestly overalled didn't care but that one page with Pete just hoping ororo would know, and thinking he should have known better. For me that is the most damage done to Storm character this era. Not directly, but with the sheer force of the plot. I hope she noticed and playing the game but i won't hold my breath for it. There bond took a real plot induced hit as presented especially since he looked for that moment and the writer chose not to give it, especially after the "you can't lie to me, i know" but he had her stand there and look one of her best friends in the eye and be like "peace." so i hope the gas lighting about how wonderful storm has been in judgement and etc as though gillien wrote those scenes can be put to rest now.

Attachment 132481
    Agreed. It took Storm a moment to realize Night crawler wasn't himself and QC.
    Which was fine. I was hoping Storm would have peep Peter too. I assume Kitty should be the one to uncover this.
    But after that last Convo with Pete and Ro . I expect her to be on guard with him now

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Immortal 12 spoilers
    I got a feeling that spoilers:
    Righteous is going to use her magic to have Storm attack someone, maybe even at the Hellfire Gala
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Immortal 12 spoilers
    I got a feeling that spoilers:
    Righteous is going to use her magic to have Storm attack someone, maybe even at the Hellfire Gala
    end of spoilers
    I don't really think so. Storm will leave QC in Issue 14 and remain in Arakko to deal with Genesis.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's gonna be somebody and of the people in her pocket Storm is the strongest

But Storm is not the main character in KG's book, she is the main character in Ewing's book. In KG books, she can't even be a threat to Exodus. Let MR Control Exodus. He's easier to use.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Agreed. It took Storm a moment to realize Night crawler wasn't himself and QC.
    Which was fine. I was hoping Storm would have peep Peter too. I assume Kitty should be the one to uncover this.
    But after that last Convo with Pete and Ro . I expect her to be on guard with him now
    For five years she fought the Eternals and Genesis. So it's normal that she didn't notice anything sinister going on on Earth.

i love this animation!!!
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    But Storm is not the main character in KG's book, she is the main character in Ewing's book. In KG books, she can't even be a threat to Exodus. Let MR Control Exodus. He's easier to use.
    Yeah it will be exodus. We dont even know if ororo will even be at the hellfire gala likely she wouldnt. And genesis will be causing chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yeah it will be exodus. We dont even know if ororo will even be at the hellfire gala likely she wouldnt. And genesis will be causing chaos.
    I don't care what Nazi witch or boring robots want, all I care about is how Genesis would wage war.

By the way, I was wondering when the preview of XMR#12 will be released?
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 06-08-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I don't care what Nazi witch or boring robots want, all I care about is how Genesis would wage war.
    Exactly friend like we have an actual plot going. Why do I care what nazi magic user 2 is doing? That should be emma and Xavier problem. Cant wait for issue 13 where krakoa gives ororo the pink slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Exactly friend like we have an actual plot going. Why do I care what nazi magic user 2 is doing? That should be emma and Xavier problem. Cant wait for issue 13 where krakoa gives ororo the pink slip.
    She currently only plays a negative role in Krakoa, let her go. She needs to help Krakoa's sister island. Genesis isn't weak like Mystique, she really does make everything burn!