Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So doom is Rabum Alal, hm? Along with his lackey, the Molecule Man? Or as I like to think of them: "The Pwned by Sentry victim support group."
    Wonder if Hickman will indulge in a little "revenge pwn" for the two during Secret Wars.
    Blatant antagonising aside though, this reveal may well have just gotten me invested in this event. I was already hyped about the Squadron Sinister thing as it was. This could be my biggest spending event for a while, thinks I.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    In which domains?
    Arcadia is going to have a run in with Doom, if we're to believe the covers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Arcadia is going to have a run in with Doom, if we're to believe the covers.
    Which should be interesting given that that may not be 616 Doom, or it might? apparently the guys are still around it's just that the women made up the Avengers team before the guys did.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Which should be interesting given that that may not be 616 Doom, or it might? apparently the guys are still around it's just that the women made up the Avengers team before the guys did.
    I believe the current speculation is that Great Destroyer Doom is king of Battleworld, or at least appointing the barons, which would make sense given the cover. So, yes, technically 616 Doom.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheORKINMan View Post
    The Ultimate Nullifier IS a multiversal weapon so it should be tried. It destroyed Abraxas who was on the verge of destroying the multiverse. The Infinity Gauntlet was not able to stop the nullifier either, Magus used the gauntlet's mastery of space to cause the nullifier to miss and hit Quasar instead. Seems like if you can make it actually connect it has a 100% success rate.

Hickman thus far has (I think) purposefully left the "evil" or "dark" cosmic entities out of the pages. Notice in that multiversal battle you never saw Death or Oblivion. In all seriousness I think Hickman is purposefully working his way through all of the deus ex machinas bit by bit to clear the field for whatever he's planning. It looks like the pantheons of Gods are next on the hit list as of the last panel of this issue. He hasn't touched on the Cytorrak, White Phoenix, Galactus, The Ultimate Nullifier, or Death/Oblivion on purpose.
    So that mean a center on Asgard and even Olympus. NO wonder there is a Last Days for Loki Agent of Asgard in May.

All-New Member

So here's that chart from before uploaded to photobucket (I think this should work ):
    http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psyj4ynkks.png

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    That's incorrect. Various versions of Eternity, Death, Galactus, etc. have died before. The Living Trbunal was the only multiversal constant.
    I don't suppose you can tell us the title(s), and or issue(s) you've read these instances in? I'd love to post the pics from said books for everyone to see and read. Thanks...

Cosmic entities:

The Marvel Universe contains a number of beings in this category that are literally part of the universe, with their existence necessary to provide a certain function. Much like organs provide specific functions for the human body, these entities provide functions for the universe itself. There is no official (known) name for these beings, but they are often referred as cosmic entities or cosmic beings. Almost all of them embody some concept or fulfill some essential need. Each cosmic being is unique, but they often have the following characteristics in common.

1. Power much, much greater than that of any mortal or human being; the weakest of them can destroy entire worlds and planets (by using the Power Cosmic). Note, however, that the level of power among these beings varies tremendously, with some being able to affect the whole entire universe.
    2. No physical form: to visit the material universe they must use ‘M-bodies’ created for them by an entity called "Anthropomorpho" (See: Quasar #37), in the ‘dimension of manifestations.’
    3. A completely amoral nature, uncaring about anything but their purpose of existence. (But some beings have displayed human emotions on occasion.)

Last edited by ZNOP; 03-16-2015 at 01:36 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I don't suppose you can tell us the title(s), and or issue(s) you've read these instances in? I'd love to post the pics from said books for everyone to see and read. Thanks...

Cosmic entities:

The Marvel Universe contains a number of beings in this category that are literally part of the universe, with their existence necessary to provide a certain function. Much like organs provide specific functions for the human body, these entities provide functions for the universe itself. There is no official (known) name for these beings, but they are often referred as cosmic entities or cosmic beings. Almost all of them embody some concept or fulfill some essential need. Each cosmic being is unique, but they often have the following characteristics in common.

1. Power much, much greater than that of any mortal or human being; the weakest of them can destroy entire worlds and planets (by using the Power Cosmic). Note, however, that the level of power among these beings varies tremendously, with some being able to affect the whole entire universe.
    2. No physical form: to visit the material universe they must use ‘M-bodies’ created for them by an entity called "Anthropomorpho" (See: Quasar #37), in the ‘dimension of manifestations.’
    3. A completely amoral nature, uncaring about anything but their purpose of existence. (But some beings have displayed human emotions on occasion.)

616 Eternity was murdered by Entropy in Captain Marvel. Entropy then took his place as the new Eternity.
    Death was destroyed in the Cancerverse which was explicitly stated on panel. Evil Mar Vell's goal was to kill the 616 Death also.
    Thanos defeated many of the 616 cosmic beings both in Infinity War and Marvel: The End

616 Eternity was murdered by Entropy in Captain Marvel. Entropy then took his place as the new Eternity.
    Death was destroyed in the Cancerverse which was explicitly stated on panel. Evil Mar Vell's goal was to kill the 616 Death also.
    Thanos defeated many of the 616 cosmic beings both in Infinity War and Marvel: The End
    There was a What If? where the Korvac of that universe used the Ultimate Nullifier to destroy himself and his universe, along with all the cosmics (Eternity, etc.) specifically.

But deaths of cosmic beings, even in alternate universes, are rarer than stories that simply show us that the Eternity, Death, Galactus, etc. of each universe are separate entities that can have different things happen to them. Each universe has its own version of Eternity, Death, etc., and particularly of Galactus. Certainly the Gah-lak-tus Swarm of the Ultimate U was a much different entity from the Galactus of the 616 MU.

Cosmic entities:

Note that it says universe, NOT multiverse. Each cosmic being below the level of the Living Tribunal and The One Above All has been shown to be unique to its universe, but they have different things happen to them in What If? alternate universes all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Note that it says universe, NOT multiverse. Each cosmic being below the level of the Living Tribunal and The One Above All has been shown to be unique to its universe, but they have different things happen to them in What If? alternate universes all the time.
    Your right it does not say "Multiverse", although, the link I provided earlier does refer to the "Omniverse"

So, I proffer this as a "quasi-logical", response... Cosmic entities, amongst themselves, have their own equivalent of "cosmic" balance and, can not die, as we understand death but are simply provided with a new "M-Body", ergo, it's my belief that abstract beings are truly singular, and can not die in the mortal sense of the word.

ENTROPY: In his own words, he was "beyond the cosmos, outside its perimeters and parameters".

History: Billions of years ago, probably at the beginning of time, when Eternity first manifested itself, Entropy was created. Entropy was a representation of Eternity, and his entire purpose was to destroy, as Eternity's purpose was to create.

(Captain Marvel VI#1) Entropy caused Captain Marvel's cosmic awareness to go out of control and drove him insane.

(Captain Marvel VI#2) While trapped in the Microverse (an extra¬dimensional realm), Rick Jones sought out someone called Shingo Doon to assist him in curing Captain Marvel of his insanity. Before Shingo Doon could help him, he was destroyed. Entropy's voice then called to Rick and told him there was nothing he could do and that Marvel's fate was sealed.

(Captain Marvel VI#3) For 28 days, Rick tried to escape the cabin in which Shingo Doon had lived, which was atop a mountain. Every time Rick attempted to escape, Entropy would stop him somehow through earthquakes and avalanches.

(Captain Marvel VI#4) Rick woke up in a room without knowledge of how he got there, after he had escaped the mountain with a woman named Epiphany. He heard Epiphany talking to Entropy in the bathroom, and wrapped himself in a blanket, then went to confront Entropy. Rick saw a cosmic looking figure facing him wrapped in an identical blanket looking back at him. At about that time, Captain Marvel tried to kill himself, and due to their symbiotic relationship, Rick collapsed on the floor.

(Captain Marvel VI#5) Entropy revealed that its appearance had mirrored Rick's since Entropy normally only appeared to people in a form they could understand. Entropy met with Captain Marvel and revealed to him that it was he who made Marvel go insane. Entropy went on to show Marvel a series of situations in which a man tried to please his father. Entropy then went on to reveal his true purpose and nature: that he was the offspring of Eternity, and that he was out to destroy the universe and wanted Marvel's help. That was why he drove him insane. Marvel gladly accepted.

(Captain Marvel VI#6) Entropy, Epiphany, Marvel, and Rick stood in nothingness. Apparently, Entropy and Marvel had successfully destroyed the universe and killed Eternity. After an argument over whether or not Marvel was God, Marvel asked Entropy whether or not he was God. Entropy didn't answer. Entropy said that he had achieved the purpose for which he was created. Now that he had destroyed everything in the universe, there was nothing left for him.

Entropy didn't know what he would do. Rick suggested he create something. Creating something was the first new concept Entropy ever had and decided to do it. However, he had never thought of creating and didn't know how.

Rick told him just to go with what he knew. All he knew was what his father was, so he created a big bang, recreating the universe, and became the new Eternity.

Time rolled back on itself, until it came back to the modern day, and everything became as it was except Marvel was still insane.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 03-16-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    There was a What If? where the Korvac of that universe used the Ultimate Nullifier to destroy himself and his universe, along with all the cosmics (Eternity, etc.) specifically.
    BTW, that specific What If? seems a lot more likely to me to have been responsible for the initial event causing an incursion that what Doom did in FF #611. Nullifying a universe would seem to me to be much more damaging than destroying it.

BANNED

I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal that OMD was onchenstrated by Dr Doom because he was secretly in love with MJ.

Your right it does not say "Multiverse", although, the link I provided earlier does refer to the "Omniverse"

So, I proffer this as a "quasi-logical", response... Cosmic entities, amongst themselves, have their own equivalent of "cosmic" balance and, can not die, as we understand death but are simply provided with a new "M-Body", ergo, it's my belief that abstract beings are truly singular, and can not die in the mortal sense of the word.

ENTROPY: In his own words, he was "beyond the cosmos, outside its perimeters and parameters".

History: Billions of years ago, probably at the beginning of time, when Eternity first manifested itself, Entropy was created. Entropy was a representation of Eternity, and his entire purpose was to destroy, as Eternity's purpose was to create.

(Captain Marvel VI#1) Entropy caused Captain Marvel's cosmic awareness to go out of control and drove him insane.

(Captain Marvel VI#2) While trapped in the Microverse (an extra¬dimensional realm), Rick Jones sought out someone called Shingo Doon to assist him in curing Captain Marvel of his insanity. Before Shingo Doon could help him, he was destroyed. Entropy's voice then called to Rick and told him there was nothing he could do and that Marvel's fate was sealed.

(Captain Marvel VI#3) For 28 days, Rick tried to escape the cabin in which Shingo Doon had lived, which was atop a mountain. Every time Rick attempted to escape, Entropy would stop him somehow through earthquakes and avalanches.

(Captain Marvel VI#4) Rick woke up in a room without knowledge of how he got there, after he had escaped the mountain with a woman named Epiphany. He heard Epiphany talking to Entropy in the bathroom, and wrapped himself in a blanket, then went to confront Entropy. Rick saw a cosmic looking figure facing him wrapped in an identical blanket looking back at him. At about that time, Captain Marvel tried to kill himself, and due to their symbiotic relationship, Rick collapsed on the floor.

(Captain Marvel VI#5) Entropy revealed that its appearance had mirrored Rick's since Entropy normally only appeared to people in a form they could understand. Entropy met with Captain Marvel and revealed to him that it was he who made Marvel go insane. Entropy went on to show Marvel a series of situations in which a man tried to please his father. Entropy then went on to reveal his true purpose and nature: that he was the offspring of Eternity, and that he was out to destroy the universe and wanted Marvel's help. That was why he drove him insane. Marvel gladly accepted.

(Captain Marvel VI#6) Entropy, Epiphany, Marvel, and Rick stood in nothingness. Apparently, Entropy and Marvel had successfully destroyed the universe and killed Eternity. After an argument over whether or not Marvel was God, Marvel asked Entropy whether or not he was God. Entropy didn't answer. Entropy said that he had achieved the purpose for which he was created. Now that he had destroyed everything in the universe, there was nothing left for him.

Entropy didn't know what he would do. Rick suggested he create something. Creating something was the first new concept Entropy ever had and decided to do it. However, he had never thought of creating and didn't know how.

Rick told him just to go with what he knew. All he knew was what his father was, so he created a big bang, recreating the universe, and became the new Eternity.

Time rolled back on itself, until it came back to the modern day, and everything became as it was except Marvel was still insane.
    Nope. Wrong. Death died in the Cancerverse. The Eternity, Death, etc. of that universe where Korvac used the Nullifier all bought it. The Eternity, etc. of each universe within the multiverse is a different entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal that OMD was onchenstrated by Dr Doom because he was secretly in love with MJ.
    This would make even less sense than Children's Crusade........................................... ............