Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

So I have a wild theory about the gem at the end, but I'm not sure that it works with the established continuity about the Externals. But, maybe Classified from X of Swords is an External that we previously didn't know about and the heart gem belongs to her?

Rogue really needs to lose that ugly black jacket like yesterday. She did look good though rocking Emma’s old White Queen fur trimmed cape!
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 08-19-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Is the gem maybe the one from the free comic book day that Saturnyne was looking through when she did the tarot card thing?

Weren’t most of the Externals a while back? I assume they’d get resurrected like other mutants. Hopefully they don’t forget Cannonball is an External too.. (they tried to retcon it but it was hazy)

Quote Originally Posted by freemach View Post
    Is the gem maybe the one from the free comic book day that Saturnyne was looking through when she did the tarot card thing?
    omg I was thinking the same thing! I think it might be something like that. That one was a crystal eye, wasn't it?

I'm in it for Candra and Candra alone.

my post in x of swords thread from june
    Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    after seeing candra and the externals appear in the preview of excalibur

i remember this panel in x-men vol 2 #60

interesting............

by running a blade (sword??)) through the heart in order to absorb energy....

it got me thinking about x of swords......

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    my post in x of swords thread from june
    That was a homerun, friend.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I think this was one of the better Excalibur issues, the first in a while that came together well.

I think Marcus To is a fantastic artist but I really think he’s wrong for this book. We need a quirky artist and colorist to make the Otherworldly visuals more dazzling and...otherworldly. He’s doing such a good job but just not the best fit.

Mighty Member

I don't want to be negative because I feel I do that too much and trying to cut back. But did Gambit pull out a special card deck? Is it magic maybe? Why would it be there? Did they know Gambit would rob it? I mean the whole Rogue pushing him to rob it felt really weird, and even Gambit steals for the thrill and hunt, not necessarily because it's right there. Idk they acted so strange that it makes me feel there is a longer term plan than just stealing a Candra gem unknowingly

This series is so frustrating. This issue was ok in that at least all of the characters were involved. But the pacing is just so bad. So much is happening, yet none of it is really coherent nor being presented in an enjoyable way. It's almost like I'm reading CliffsNotes with art. Like just a long list of things "happening" but thrown together with no flow.

Skipping how Jubilee ended up in the tree when last we saw she was blowing shit up and also jumping ahead from the battle with the Green group to all of them together... doing what? Were they like drying dishes or something? WTF is going on with this comic?? And Saturnyne dismissing Gambit and Rogue from the POV of their feet was a choice.

Marcus To is a good artist, but I'm just so sick of this cartoony stuff. All this doe-eyed cutesy stuff is just too much.
    Last edited by superjosh; 08-19-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Disappointing for a number of reasons.

1.) Shogo was with Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, and Rictor... and THEN he's suddenly captured by the Green Priestesses who are tending to him?

2.) Jubilee going from attacking the White Priestesses to suddenly being locked away in a magic tree.

3.) What were Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, and Rictor doing while Jubilee was attacking? Or when she got captured? They WEREN'T watching her son, apparently. I know 'rona threw everything out the window, but that's a major gaffe in continuity from just two issues back!

4.) So... Excalibur gets there and... what? Betsy is just going to brush over the fact that Saturnyne ordered a hit on Jubilee's son? It's just no ceasefire.

That said... A couple of things I did like...

A.) The callback to Candra and her heart. That's a piece of continuity I never expected to see picked up again. Nevermind that didn't Cyclops destroy that thing?

B.) Didn't mind Rogue telling Gambit to go rob them. I kind of saw that as Rogue thinking "To heck with this (censored), go cause some trouble, Sugah."

C.) I would hope that isn't Candra's heart, because Gambit should know what it is. He's had more history with Candra than anyone.

D.) What you up to, -A-?

I agree that there were a lot of strange choices made this issue. Saturnyne sent out a full military attack to prevent Betsy from reaching her tower, but as soon as the team makes it inside she just accepts it and seems mildly annoyed by their presence. She's so nonchalant about it that she let Rogue and Gambit wander around freely.

Better than most of the issue thus far.

I just have one major question, will the mutants look back on their adventures of colonialism fondly?

I am so confused about last issue LOL It feels like you could from 9 to 11 and you wouldn't miss anything. What was issue 10 all about??