Page 176 of 208 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3116
    Astonishing Member

GotG vol. 3 - What a great movie. Dark, funny and plenty of action.

Last night I watched a movie called Troop Zero.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Air---It was ok, it seemed to end just as soon as it started. Not sure how factual it was with all the dialogue but it was a good way to entertain yourself for 90 minutes or so.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The Mother.

Not terrible, but not great either.

Action in the first half was good. The lull in the middle was a snooze fest. Predictable towards the end.

Props to J-Lo she did rock the damaged character she was portraying.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Megan. I wanted to like it, it seems popular, but I feel the film was all over the place in its message and the acting was bad. I thought this was sci-fi horror but it wasn't very scary.
    Oh yeah i remember that is what stuck out to me, the message was sooooooooooo painfully on the nose. it was cringeworthy.

Gotta love Ronnie Chen tho.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Invincible Member

Putney Swope 1969. Directed by Robert Downey Sr. This might not be a popular things to say, but it's more interesting as a historical artifact than a movie that still holds up. It's a satire on the advertising world and supposedly race...A black man becomes head of an ad firm, fires the white execs and replaces them with black militants. He refuses to do ads for alcohol and war toys but his ads do become more and more outrageous. The president of the US ( a little person ) insists that he do an ad for a car company that he has stock in, and other absurdities ensue. Downey was clearly influenced by Avant guard techniques of the time and there's more one WTF moments. It reeks of it's time period but not always in a good way. Best part of the movie is Antonio Fargas as "Arab", one of Swopes workers who turns against him.

Spectacular Member

watching Doctor Sleep tonight right now.

Still cant believe the movie is 3 frikkin hours

Extraordinary Member

One Ranger-Cowboy Tom Jane vs Terrorists-nuff said. One problem I had was a dimly lit fight scene. Directors stop doing this...it's stupid.

I watched The Spitfire Grill last night. Been a long time since I've seen that one.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fast X. Gas X? Entertaining as an action flick...Momoa was awesome, the rest, not so much...No wait, loved the interaction between Ludacris and Tyrese, it felt like two legit brothers. Plot? Well, I guess, My name is Dante Reyes, you killed my father, prepare to lose your family...Yeah, that is about it...Didn't realize the first 30 minutes was the cast playing Rocket League...
    Overall it was entertaining and had oodles of action...Do if you like action, it's all you...If you want great acting, then watch this as a case study on how not to act...Except Momoa, he was great...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A Man Called Otto

Tom Hanks, 2022

This movie caught me by surprise. I went it to it mostly cold, having only watched the initial trailer. Maybe the solemn moments in this film were hinted at in the trailer, if so I don't recall. Note to self go find that initial trailer.
    I was moved by this film. I don't know what it cost to make but I see it made just over $100m in it's whole run, $64 of that domestically.
    For me this is a solid bit of quality yet again from Hanks. I could see this film growing in renown over the years.

Theme of the film is....
    spoilers:
    The theme is depression-->suicide and coping with loss.
    end of spoilers

Grade: A
    IMDB: 9
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. This movie was fantastic. It was a fun action adventure comedy. Chris Pine is just so charming and funny. The whole cast just felt like they were having fun making this movie.

I watched The Mighty Macs yesterday.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

A Man Called Otto which I thought was deep and had its sweet bits and Cocaine Bear which I found funny and suspensful. Feel for the poor bear , though, who died horribly, and no, he didn't go on a rampage.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-27-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. I liked the whole cast. I felt it was very entertaining.