Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    BC hates DC and has for a while
    BC does not hate DC and never has.

Update--JLA about to start 6 to 8 weeks of reshoots. Most films only have 2.

An interesting observation I picked up from the DCEU thread in the DC Comics subforum:

has anyone noticed that when it comes to Warner Bros. and specifically the section involved in the production of DC movies, everyone and their uncles have anonymous sources inside the studios, while on the other hand such sources are almost as rare as chicken teeth when it comes to Disney, Fox, Sony, etc.?

It always seemed a little weird to me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    An interesting observation I picked up from the DCEU thread in the DC Comics subforum:

has anyone noticed that when it comes to Warner Bros. and specifically the section involved in the production of DC movies, everyone and their uncles have anonymous sources inside the studios, while on the other hand such sources are almost as rare as chicken teeth when it comes to Disney, Fox, Sony, etc.?

It always seemed a little weird to me, too.
    Honestly I think Marvel has anonymous source leaks too. The difference is DC's seem more negative on the whole, so it stands out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Update--JLA about to start 6 to 8 weeks of reshoots. Most films only have 2.

didnt joss whedon step in to finish this movie for zac while he mourned his daughter? if thats the case, then 6 weeks of reshot makes sense. no big-name director is going to stop in just to do a day or two of reshoots. he's going to want to add his own flavor to the show.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I think there's been more leaks/negative news with the DCEU's 4 movies than there's been with the entire MCU. And I'm not exaggerating. MCU "leaks" and rumors certainly don't blow up like the DCEUs, at least.

Patty Jenkins addressed one that popped up while Wonder Woman was being filmed, about an anon source saying it was messy.
    Jenkins said the movie was never messy and was always on the right track and she was perplexed by who would have seen the first cuts besides the typical execs/family, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I think there's been more leaks/negative news with the DCEU's 4 movies than there's been with the entire MCU. And I'm not exaggerating. MCU "leaks" and rumors certainly don't blow up like the DCEUs, at least.

Patty Jenkins addressed one that popped up while Wonder Woman was being filmed, about an anon source saying it was messy.
    Jenkins said the movie was never messy and was always on the right track and she was perplexed by who would have seen the first cuts besides the typical execs/family, etc.
    I slightly disagree there has been lots of drama at Marvel the Terence Howard situation, Patty Jenkins dropping out of Thor 2, Edgar Wright and Ant-Man, Joss Whedon's unhappiness with Marvel mandates in Age of Ultron, changes made to Iron Man 3, Sony and thru Spider-Man deal drama about who controls what for how long, and the war with Feige and Perlmutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I slightly disagree there has been lots of drama at Marvel the Terence Howard situation, Patty Jenkins dropping out of Thor 2, Edgar Wright and Ant-Man, Joss Whedon's unhappiness with Marvel mandates in Age of Ultron, changes made to Iron Man 3, Sony and thru Spider-Man deal drama about who controls what for how long, and the war with Feige and Perlmutter.
    But did any of those inevitably come with fire & brimstone-like predictions about the imminent demise or total reboot of the MCU?

Surprisingly, when the first attempt from DC to create a cinematic universe (Green Lantern) crashed and burned, it was one of the most silent deaths of a franchise I've ever witnessed. The absolutely healthy (especially from an economic standpoint) second attempt on te other hand is apparently always teetering on the verge of ruinous, catastrophic collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    didnt joss whedon step in to finish this movie for zac while he mourned his daughter? if thats the case, then 6 weeks of reshot makes sense. no big-name director is going to stop in just to do a day or two of reshoots. he's going to want to add his own flavor to the show.
    umm no they specifically said he wasn't gonna add his own flavor he was gonna just take the baton the last 100meters to complete Snyders race for him. but possibly 8weeks of shooting isn't a normal reshoot like we assumed before. Either its BS or they are doing some major reshoots. A lot of movies are filmed in less time then this(Not huge movies like this but a lot of movies none the less) Then that leaves them only a couple months to edit and put all the CGI on these new scenes. could be a big deal or could be no problem. depend on the nature the scenes being shot.

well what they said doesn't match with what is happening. and what they said to begin with sounded like bs anyway. you really think joss whedon is going to pop in and just do touch ups? come on now

Sounds to me like Joss Whedon is "fixing" the movie...

Lol, "half the film reshot"? Really now?

Yeah, sorry but that sounds just plain ridiculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

8weeks isn't half the movie but its more then a minor touch up. but the whole 8weeks thing could be b.s.. it could be the normal 2 weeks

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

One important detail to note is Roven said it would take some time to coordinate as most of the actors are off filming other movies. That could be a factor here.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

Half is probably an overstatement, especially with the postproduction work that goes into movies like this...but they could do quite a bit in a couple of months.