Page 82 of 126 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The 2 hot GM candidates right now is Rick Smith (former Texans GM who was GM before he had to leave after 2017 as his wife was sick) and Monday Night Football announcer Louis Riddick. A former NFL player Riddick has worked in front office of Washington and Philadelphia. Working his way from a scout for both teams to becoming Eagles director of pro personnel from 2010-2013.

Since that time Riddick has became an announcer and drew a lot of attention from teams and this year is a hot candidate for teams. Detroit itself spoke of hiring someone with experience to get a head coach under 1st year owner Sheila Ford Hamp.

Houston also interviewed Riddick but a major issue is the team is hamstrung by the team having no 1st and 2nd rd picks in 2021 and the team having a terrible salary cap situation coming next year. The team will have a hard time finding a GM who has to try and get a young team through 2021 to get past that season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So as a comical update on Madden 20 , the game came out last summer of 2019 right. Well it seems Madden's team behind the game knew how terrible the NY Jets would be under Adam Gase. I played them and just ...destroyed the team in comical fashion. In fact it was like the 2020 NY Jets on how badly the team was.

- Sam Darnold in his very 1st play , throws an Int which I return for a pick 6.

- Darnold would then throw 2 more Int's that 1st quarter in each series against my team. He would nearly throw 3 to 4 more Int's as my players couldn't hold onto the ball dropping easy Ints in game.

- I would sack Darnold 6 times. At one point he would get nervous in pocket , run around and just run into one of my players to get sacked.

- Bell was RB at this point. By the 4th quarter I had squashed the running game so completely he had 12 carries for 0 yards with negative carries. He would finish with 8 yards on 15 carries by the end.

- Darnold finally by luck had 120+ yards passing at the end. But he threw like 30-40 passes and completed like 18-20 short ones for that total. The final score was 37-0.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Tonight's Raiders-Chargers game will be the first time I'll see Justin Herbert in action. After everything I've heard and read about this kid, I'm dying to see what the hype with him is all about.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Tonight's Raiders-Chargers game will be the first time I'll see Justin Herbert in action. After everything I've heard and read about this kid, I'm dying to see what the hype with him is all about.
    Herbert's got a big arm and can put the ball all over the field. His biggest question mark from scouts was how he didn't play well in college against not so competitive schools. Also he's not a big vocal guy. Where as you see Pat Mahomes yelling on sidelines at his guys on how they are gonna make a come back , Herbert is quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It will be interesting to see how he rebounds from the beatdown the Patriots put on the Chargers.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So as a comical update on Madden 20 , the game came out last summer of 2019 right. Well it seems Madden's team behind the game knew how terrible the NY Jets would be under Adam Gase. I played them and just ...destroyed the team in comical fashion. In fact it was like the 2020 NY Jets on how badly the team was.

- Sam Darnold in his very 1st play , throws an Int which I return for a pick 6.

- Darnold would then throw 2 more Int's that 1st quarter in each series against my team. He would nearly throw 3 to 4 more Int's as my players couldn't hold onto the ball dropping easy Ints in game.

- I would sack Darnold 6 times. At one point he would get nervous in pocket , run around and just run into one of my players to get sacked.

- Bell was RB at this point. By the 4th quarter I had squashed the running game so completely he had 12 carries for 0 yards with negative carries. He would finish with 8 yards on 15 carries by the end.

- Darnold finally by luck had 120+ yards passing at the end. But he threw like 30-40 passes and completed like 18-20 short ones for that total. The final score was 37-0.
    Did the game simulate this on the sideline?

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Did the game simulate this on the sideline?

It showed his wild eyes and beard on sideline. Which was funny for how real Madden is at times. Throwing the clipboard down at end of game frustrated was as animated as he got.

Heard on ESPN Radio that Giants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett tested positive for the virus and has quarantined himself from the team. Tight ends coach Freddie Kitchens will call plays Sunday night against his old team, Cleveland.

Derek Carr has left the Thursday Night Football matchup. Looks like a groin injury, based on how he reacted. Marcus Mariota is in for the Raiders...

But this does not look good for them sneaking into a playoff spot over the next 3 games.

No wonder the Raiders fired their defensive coordinator as it’s been bad tonight.

Pretty sure that kicker is gone in the morning.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Such a great special team play tonight
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Pretty sure that kicker is gone in the morning.
    In any other year, yes. But with Covid-19 protocols, it takes 2 weeks to bring in somebody off the street. They have to clear testing and all of that.

They might be able to squeeze something in only because this game is on Thursday, and they have a little more than a week to try out someone else new, if they don't have a second kicker on their practice squad.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-17-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

wtf LA won two close games in a row?!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    wtf LA won two close games in a row?!
    They hadn't won against an AFC West foe since 2018 going into tonight, either.