Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Could someone please explain Briar Raleigh to me?

I haven't read Magneto's solo series, nor do I really particularly want to (Magneto just isn't a character I'm willing to plop down cash to read about on a solo basis), but I'd really like to have some context for Briar Raleigh, since she's in the new Hellfire Club.

Who is this person? Why is she aligned with Magneto? And why do so many posters on this board think she hung the moon? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I'd genuinely like to know so I can at least have an idea as to why she's in UXM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

We both know that you've already decided to hear me out. I know you. No just who you are, but what you're capable of once you grow tired of hiding in . That much anger, that much hate, can't stay hidden forever. You try... and it will burn you up inside. Now, though, they say you're not the man you once were, that your powers are weakened. But I'm betting you still remember all those people you couldn't help, even when your abilities were at their peak. I don't think your powers have anything to do with what you were. What you still are. The truth is, the clock is ticking. It's just a matter of time before you cut loose again, in a big way. And you know it. You know what they say about idle hands, don't you? You just need something to keep those hands of yours busy.

- Briar Raleigh
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 11-11-2016 at 03:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I haven't read Magneto's solo series, nor do I really particularly want to (Magneto just isn't a character I'm willing to plop down cash to read about on a solo basis), but I'd really like to have some context for Briar Raleigh, since she's in the new Hellfire Club.

Who is this person? Why is she aligned with Magneto? And why do so many posters on this board think she hung the moon? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I'd genuinely like to know so I can at least have an idea as to why she's in UXM.

She was the top co star for the Magneto series and was fantastic in her execution.

BANNED

I don't mean to sound rude, I truly don't, but you guys aren't answering my questions.

Why is this human significant in regards to Magneto? Why is she aligned with him? WHAT is so fantastic about her? Her entry on the Marvel wiki tells me very little about her.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't mean to sound rude, I truly don't, but you guys aren't answering my questions.

I've taught you for three years instructing you in my Poison Clan techniques. We live here in seclusion so we can talk about the clan. The point is I had pupils once. When they left they all took new names, as the whole idea was to keep their identities a close secret. So even they don't know each other's names. And while they were here they always wore masks to avoid being known. I worry about what there all doing. What I taught them could be used wrongly for evil to hurt men. So then I would like to make sure this hasn't been the case and you will do that for me. And to make it harder they won't show their skills they'll keep them hidden unless it is an emergency. If bad you must kill them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I've taught you for three years instructing you in my Poison Clan techniques. We live here in seclusion so we can talk about the clan. The point is I had pupils once. When they left they all took new names, as the whole idea was to keep their identities a close secret. So even they don't know each other's names. And while they were here they always wore masks to avoid being known. I worry about what there all doing. What I taught them could be used wrongly for evil to hurt men. So then I would like to make sure this hasn't been the case and you will do that for me. And to make it harder they won't show their skills they'll keep them hidden unless it is an emergency. If bad you must kill them
    Are you drunk?

Why is this human significant in regards to Magneto? Why is she aligned with him? WHAT is so fantastic about her? Her entry on the Marvel wiki tells me very little about her.
    Simply, she helped Magneto to kill people that had hurt the mutants.

I like her because I like Magneto. and Briar likes Magneto. she's a groupie. she also belongs to a larger group of people who are proud to have survived past Magneto attacks. a lot of them, like Briar, proudly display their battle wounds (she wears a leg brace). anyways, she's filthy rich and supported Magneto's endeavors in his solo series. her full story has yet to be revealed. so you can also say that the mystery is a selling point. why would a human be aiding a mutant supremacist?

Tricia Helfer for live-action Briar!

Magneto has been shown to have a deep hatred of humans. Not sure I really buy the relationship between Briar and Magneto.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Magneto has been shown to have a deep hatred of humans. Not sure I really buy the relationship between Briar and Magneto.
    quick, what do Magda, Isabelle, Janet Van Dyne, and Lee Forrester have in common?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-11-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Briar comes from a wealthy socialite background. At some point in her life, she was a bystander for one of Magneto's rampages. She was permanently crippled in one leg from his actions. Instead of hating him, she became obsessed with him, and as it turns out she's one person of a larger group who are in similar situations (people maimed by Mags who now worship him). She stalked him until she eventually confronted him. She offered him support and information to help him in his goals of taking out threats to mutants. Magneto felt like she was manipulating him, but played along because she was benefitting him. Eventually he learned about her true motivations and decided to keep her around.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Briar comes from a wealthy socialite background. At some point in her life, she was a bystander for one of Magneto's rampages. She was permanently crippled in one leg from his actions. Instead of hating him, she became obsessed with him, and as it turns out she's one person of a larger group who are in similar situations (people maimed by Mags who now worship him). She stalked him until she eventually confronted him. She offered him support and information to help him in his goals of taking out threats to mutants. Magneto felt like she was manipulating him, but played along because she was benefitting him. Eventually he learned about her true motivations and decided to keep her around.
    Straight and informative answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

But what were her true motives (and Magneto's reason for keeping her around)?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    To be fair - Magneto's one of those "Racists" - who hates "Homo Sapiens" as a general blanket rule. But he's been seen/known to be partial to those that do not possess a hatred for mutants.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!