Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That's a fan theory not supported by the movie. Clearly the army of heroes was brought back to a different place than they were originally. Why should everyone else have been?
    Watch this film, and it's supports the theory more so. There is a scene near the beginning that legitimizes my concerns about the dynamic. And in Endgame, everyone was brought back where they were killed off. All the evidence available suggests everyone that was brought back was literally brought back where they dusted off.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 06-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Well let's suppose the theory is true then. Who cares about airplanes and moving cars? Given the expanding universe, everyone would just have come back in open space.

Is it really necessary to have it spelled out that they took some basic things into consideration?
    Ummm actually it is, because it's a huge story aspect in these films, and it's asking me to care about it, which means I'm obligated to invest my attention into it. If it was something mundane, I'd let it slide (like Strange making a portal from Titan to Earth, or organizing mass armies in like 10 minutes). It's just a slip in the writing essentially, which I was hoping they'd use the new Spider Man movie to fix, but didn't happen.

Apparently, in a recent Q and A, the Russo brothers explained Hulk took this into consideration when snapping his fingers. So offscreen retcon is available. But it wasn't on screen, and for me that's a crack in the narrative.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 06-28-2019 at 09:27 AM.

So since this is the Spoiler thread, it's safe to ask right?

Is it really true that J.K. Simmons is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So since this is the Spoiler thread, it's safe to ask right?

Is it really true that J.K. Simmons is back?
    Yes he was in the post credit scene I saw online it seems to be a Alex Jones take on J. Jonah Jameson.

so what happened? so far, I just see a lot of jibber jabber about the snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yes he was in the post credit scene I saw online it seems to be a Alex Jones take on J. Jonah Jameson.
    Alex Jones in his energy level? Or is he yelling about Lizard People and interdimensional vampires stealing our babies? You know normal Alex Jones ****.

So did Ned get snapped? Cause I've seen them in interviews and the actor who plays ned seems like its 40. In Homecoming I bought him as a highschool kid but on Kimmel, I was like oh no hes 45.

Also alot of non Spoiler reviews ive watched seem to say they do a good job fleshing out MJ in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so what happened? so far, I just see a lot of jibber jabber about the snap.
    JK back as J Jonah Jameson/Spidey outed as Peter Parker/ No multiverse Beck is a disgruntled Stark employee/ Fury and Maria hill are Skrulls talos and his wife(Seems to be no evil intention they just feeling in while Fury is in space. Probaly settling up Fury for CM 2)/ umm i havent seen it et so that's all I got for you.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-28-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Alex Jones in his energy level? Or is he yelling about Lizard People and interdimensional vampires stealing our babies? You know normal Alex Jones ****.

So did Ned get snapped? Cause I've seen them in interviews and the actor who plays ned seems like its 40. In Homecoming I bought him as a highschool kid but on Kimmel, I was like oh no hes 45.

Also alot of non Spoiler reviews ive watched seem to say they do a good job fleshing out MJ in this movie.
    You can't out cartoon Alex Jones but Jonah in the clip I saw looks like a tone down version with the Bugle being a website and funk enough while not mentioning Lizards he does proclaim Mysterio who "saved Earth from inter dimensional creatures" the greatest hero ever. The clip starts off with Pete and MJ together in NYC and from what I've seen in clips I'm liking MJ and I wasn't a big MJ fan in Homecoming.

To be clear so far all I've seen is leaked post credit clips and promotional stuff and trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You can't out cartoon Alex Jones but Jonah in the clip I saw looks like a tone down version with the Bugle being a website and funk enough while not mentioning Lizards he does proclaim Mysterio who "saved Earth from inter dimensional creatures" the greatest hero ever. The clip starts off with Pete and MJ together in NYC and from what I've seen in clips I'm liking MJ and I wasn't a big MJ fan in Homecoming.

To be clear so far all I've seen is leaked post credit clips and promotional stuff and trailers.
    Oh ok I thought u saw the movie. I gotta wait till next Saturday night before I can go

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Oh ok I thought u saw the movie. I gotta wait till next Saturday night before I can go
    I'm also going next Saturday night. Glad things aren't quite as bad as I feared they were going to be concerning certain things that cropped up in this thread, though growing paranoia and distrust of superhumans after what would now be multiple nearly world-ending catastrophes culminating in The Snap/Thanos's Decimation of the Universe and the effective disbandment of the Avengers after Endgame could definitely be a good backdrop for mutants/X-Men to make their MCU debut.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's not revealed if Ned got snapped. But, I think he did or it would have been brought up. Betty Brant says they have to start their semester over, and Ned would have moved on from high school if he wasn't dusted. Seems everyone on that school trip that was in the first movie was dusted. There are some other students there who are unknown. Except one other, who is clearly someone that wasn't dusted off since it's made a small plot detail.

JJ in the post credits scene does seem like an Alex Jones type. Same energy level in the Sam Raini movies. All he talks about is Spiderman. It's like a ten second clip of him.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 06-28-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quick recap: Basically Beck and former ticked off employees from Stark Industries are helping him masquerade as Mysterio, including the "box of scraps" guy from Iron Man in 2008. Beck was the guy who developed the holographic Stark tech from Iron Man 3 when Tony gave that speech at the university. Beck was soon let go because he was deemed too unstable by Tony. He manages to trick "Fury" into believing he is from another world where elemental creatures have destroyed his family. He is basically deemed a hero after stopping the elementals, with some help from Spider Man, who was brought in via Fury. This all happens on Peter's school trip. Parker has been having mixed emotions though after Tony leaves him some stark tech after his death. Parker feels he can't live up to what Tony was. After bonding with Beck, he eventually gives Starks tech to him believing he should be the next Iron Man instead. Then the Mysterio reveal happens. The monsters are just projections from a ton of holo droids. They also cause the damage to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Quick recap: Basically Beck and former ticked off employees from Stark Industries are helping him masquerade as Mysterio, including the "box of scraps" guy from Iron Man in 2008. Beck was the guy who developed the holographic Stark tech from Iron Man 3 when Tony gave that speech at the university. Beck was soon let go because he was deemed too unstable by Tony. He manages to trick "Fury" into believing he is from another world where elemental creatures have destroyed his family. He is basically deemed a hero after stopping the elementals, with some help from Spider Man, who was brought in via Fury. This all happens on Peter's school trip. Parker has been having mixed emotions though after Tony leaves him some stark tech after his death. Parker feels he can't live up to what Tony was. After bonding with Beck, he eventually gives Starks tech to him believing he should be the next Iron Man instead. Then the Mysterio reveal happens. The monsters are just projections from a ton of holo droids. They also cause the damage to the city.
    What is so special about this Stark Tech Peter gets and then givens to Beck?

What is so special about this Stark Tech Peter gets and then givens to Beck?
    It's basically another Jarvis type of tech, but utilized in sunglasses form. Called Edith. Beck with his hands on it basically just gives him more access to superior tech, and makes his quest to be Earth's next Iron Man through the public lense easier.

A big idea in this film seems to be public perception, and control through illusions, making people believe what you want them to believe. Prepare yourselves for the political allegories fallout within the next week. Gonna be a doozy.

JJJ was sort of used in a similar fashion (Tabloid radio journalist) in the PS4 game.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth