Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I did not know Lilah was the same person who did the last run of Blue Beetle & JSA. I met her when she was doing the Lumberjanes book.
    She worked on an issue of Zatanna's most recent solo series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's a little unfortunate that over half the characters on the cover are derivative of male characters (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Joker). Black Canary, Lois Lane, Raven, Starfire and Bumblebee are all known characters outside of the comics, it would have been good to see some of them feature.

But that's a minor quibble. It sounds like it'll be a good book, especially the focus on women creators.
    I think Lois would have made sense for her impact as a female character, but I think they wanted to focus on female Superheroes rather then civilians.

To be honest, the derivative status of some of the heroines didn't even register to me with this which I guess is a testament to how strong and recognizable these characters are in their own right :0.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Lois would have made sense for her impact as a female character, but I think they wanted to focus on female Superheroes rather then civilians.
    Would her appearance as Superwoman in Action Comics #156 have counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Would her appearance as Superwoman in Action Comics #156 have counted?

And she's blonde like Supergirl .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And she's blonde like Supergirl .
    As was Queen Lucy.

Incredible Member

I'm just glad they remembered Vixens' a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I'm just glad they remembered Vixens' a thing.
    Vixen...one of DC's most underrated heroines.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For good or for ill, she is popular.

I'm more bothered the cover has three bat characters on it but otherwise it's fine.
    It is interesting they chose Batwoman instead of Batgirl. Batgirl is so well known that people seeing the promos of the Batwoman TV series think she is Batgirl. Some even being upset they made Batgirl a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's a little unfortunate that over half the characters on the cover are derivative of male characters (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Joker). Black Canary, Lois Lane, Raven, Starfire and Bumblebee are all known characters outside of the comics, it would have been good to see some of them feature.

But that's a minor quibble. It sounds like it'll be a good book, especially the focus on women creators.
    Supergirl has been around for 60 years. That's longer than characters like Spider-Man and Iron Man. I would think by this time she was be considered a character in her own right rather than just a female knock-off of a male character.
    I do agree Lois Lane deserved recognition. But are Raven and Starfire so well known that the average person seeing them would even know who they are. Even Vixen isn't that well known. So obviously they were going for star power,
    characters more people would be interested in to pull readers in. A marketing thing.

Also, shout out to one of DC's earliest female contributors:

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-27-2019 at 01:47 PM.