Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Or at least a second Avengers team - like she's been in recent years with Uncanny. But yeah, better here than limbo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    After some careful thought I can't help but to be a little disappointed with the roster. Coates already built a stacked wall of black power around Wakanda. Imo this was the time to make sense of it all. Expand the narrative of BP&C. Have T'Challa lead that team again. All you do is add Shuri, Okoye, Vibraxis, M'Baku, a reformed Thunderball (maybe?), Zawavari, Asira and Asha. Watching as T'Challa juggles all these personalities would be pretty fun.
    Yeah in an earlier post I pointed out Shuri, Gentle, Atlas Bear, Manifold, Thunderball, White Tiger & Blue Marvel as T'Challa ties. Night Thrasher, Nightshade, Goliath, Battlestar & Deathlok would be great additions too, but it might be considered problematic for a white writer to tackle an all-black cast.
    Falcon, Misty Knight, Winter Soldier, Colleen Wing, Mockingbird & Quake as spy types work well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Again, there is really no doubt Janet's only in this team because Aaron or the editorial didn't want her in Avengers. But that's her place. I agree with how odd the roster is but I'd rather see her here than in no team at all. She really should be in Avengers though.

Can't comment on Gorilla-Man and Ka-Zar.. yeah..

I'm excited to read the issue.
    Yeah unfortunately Carol is still their #1 promoted female member of the Avengers, and dumbed down She-Hulk is around. Janet should really be on that team with the A-Listers.

I can see how animal/primal themed characters being apart of a Wakandan/black narrative might be offensive...

Issue was kinda mediocre for me, with a dreadful ending because the cliffhanger is something I hate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do think the random seemingly non-sensicle line up is kinda weird, I also think it's potentially a part of the books charm.
    It's certainly what appeals to me about it. It's an eclectic group and it looks very, in a good way, "comic book-y."

Putting these characters together invites a sense of fun and sometimes having fun is the point.

I had to roll my eyes at the dipsh*t from Newarama wringing their hands about the "problematic optics" of the team roster.

I may or may not like this first issue but I sure won't be knocking any points off it because I find, say, Fat Cobra "problematic."

Taking offense to things that are so utterly innocuous must be exhausting.

Looking forward to giving this issue a read later. Hope it does well for Zub.

I thought that was super fun. I mean I'm gonna be biased here because Janet got the most paneltime in this issue. The action we saw from her was really good, that's something often mishandled in her appearances in books. She was a total badass but also really fun with Fat Cobra. Loving the challenging dynamic between her and Man-Wolf. Okoye was great too. I don't know, I'm a fan so far.

The furries and Ka-Zar ain't even African. Add Goom and Googam, Son of Goom, to the team.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I thought that was super fun. I mean I'm gonna be biased here because Janet got the most paneltime in this issue. The action we saw from her was really good, that's something often mishandled in her appearances in books. She was a total badass but also really fun with Fat Cobra. Loving the challenging dynamic between her and Man-Wolf. Okoye was great too. I don't know, I'm a fan so far.
    Yeah, it's off to a good start. It's a fun book, and the character interaction is pretty entertaining.

The last panel reveal was pretty unexpected too. I was worried this team was underpowered... that's definately going to be an issue if things end up going badly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The furries and Ka-Zar ain't even African. Add Goom and Googam, Son of Goom, to the team.
    The nice thing about this team is that because they don't use the entire team all at once for every mission, you can really add a bunch of guys to it. It almost has a mission impossible vibe in that regard.

Janet suggests that they recruit a psychic. One name comes to mind. Synapse. Zub's written Emily before, in Uncanny Avengers and No Surrender, and she's been in limbo since then. And she's Inhuman, one of the only psychics not affiliated with the X-Men, whose members are probably currently off limits due to House of X.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Janet suggests that they recruit a psychic. One name comes to mind. Synapse. Zub's written Emily before, in Uncanny Avengers and No Surrender, and she's been in limbo since then. And she's Inhuman, one of the only psychics not affiliated with the X-Men, whose members are probably currently off limits due to House of X.
    I found it sort of interesting that after being on the Avengers for decades, and even leading the team for a fairly long period of time, it only occurs to Wasp now to get a psychic. Though I suppose given the Avengers so-so history wtih telepahts (Druid and Moon Dragon, I'm looking at you), I can almost understand it.

But yeah... Synapse is an easy one to add. Most of the established telepaths are in the X camp, and they seem to be doing their own thing at the moment like you said.

Sentry was a random surprise. Also, is Janet still with Tony currently and that's what they were in her head about or was that a random thing Slott did for a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Sentry was a random surprise. Also, is Janet still with Tony currently and that's what they were in her head about or was that a random thing Slott did for a few issues.
    Janet's still with Tony, yes. We'll see if that continues when Iron Man gets relaunched. It's been the highlight of the current run so I hope it does.

Janet's still with Tony, yes. We'll see if that continues when Iron Man gets relaunched. It's been the highlight of the current run so I hope it does.
    I was kinda iffy about it because I still think Hank and Janet are my favorite, and Hank had recently died in the Infinity thing thinking about Janet and the others and no one on Earth seemed to know or care, but I kinda am starting to get okay with it.

I was kinda iffy about it because I still think Hank and Janet are my favorite, and Hank had recently died in the Infinity thing thinking about Janet and the others and no one on Earth seemed to know or care, but I kinda am starting to get okay with it.
    Honestly I wonderi if half the reason Tony and Janet aren't a thing is precisely so that Hank can find out about it when he returns.

Hank and Janet are great when they aren't romantically involved imo. Plus, they hadn't been for 1.5 decades at this point. I don't think marvel will ever even toy with that idea again

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I wonderi if half the reason Tony and Janet aren't a thing is precisely so that Hank can find out about it when he returns.
    Marvel loves drama, so probably.

Hank and Janet are great when they aren't romantically involved imo. Plus, they hadn't been for 1.5 decades at this point. I don't think marvel will ever even toy with that idea again
    Well that'd a shame for me. I think Iron Man is really boring.