Page 5183 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4183468350835133517351795180518151825183518451855186 LastLast
Results 77,731 to 77,745 of 77781

That is the nice thing about half the characters vanishing at the end of the last Avengers movie. It at least gives a lot more space for the surviving ones to get more spotlight for at least the first part of the movie. I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that Okoye might be one of those characters, but it sounds cool. Maybe if there aren't two dozen super heros running around, she'll have room to do something more.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That is the nice thing about half the characters vanishing at the end of the last Avengers movie. It at least gives a lot more space for the surviving ones to get more spotlight for at least the first part of the movie. I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that Okoye might be one of those characters, but it sounds cool. Maybe if there aren't two dozen super heros running around, she'll have room to do something more.
    I won't get my hopes that high tbh.

BTW what role is she even going to play in the next movie? Apart from maybe applying shadow physics (Which I doubt will happen) as one of the strategies of maybe defeating Thanos or bringing the characters, I simply don't know why Wakanda in general will be needed. They lost their king and a lot of Wakandans at the same time so I highly doubt they would even want to consider helping the Avengers in their quest unless they find a guaranteed way to bring T'Challa back. And from the concept art that was released few months ago, i didn't see any Wakandan in sight.

But then again, the plot of the film is yet to be revealed so we will have to wait.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 08-03-2018 at 05:02 PM.

I like Finn but to try and compare him to T'Challa in screen time and presence in any form is laughable.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I won't get my hopes that high tbh.

BTW what role is she even going to play in the next movie? Apart from maybe applying shadow physics (Which I doubt will happen) as one of the strategies of maybe defeating Thanos or bringing the characters, I simply don't know why Wakanda in general will be needed. They lost their king and a lot of Wakandans at the same time so I highly doubt they would even want to consider helping the Avengers in their quest unless they find a way to bring T'Challa back. And from the concept art that was released few months ago, i don't see any Wakandan in sight.

But then again, the plot of the film is yet to be revealed so we will have to wait.
    Oh believe me, my hopes aren't too high at all. Given this is where Cap, Thor, and Iron Man likely walk off into the sunset (and possibly Hulk too), I'm expecting this to be their movie more than anything else. But if Okoye even gets a meaningful scene, I would say that's pretty good for a supporting character in an Avengers movie.

As for why Wakanda might wanna help.. Thanos just murdered half the people in the Universe, including T'Challa and likely a good chunk of the Wakandas. Certainly I suspect they want to reverse what happened if possible... but in the least I'll wager they will be more than happy to try and help assist the Avengers in making the person responsible pay for what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    I like Finn but to try and compare him to T'Challa in screen time and presence in any form is laughable.
    I liked Finn too. He did as well or better than what you might expect, given he was a Storm Trooper Sanitation worker. But he's not a warrior king like T'Challa, and it showed.

General Okoye is... The Black Panther!

That whole "ensemble" thang that Mayberry spoke of way back when could come back to bite you!

All a newly crowned Queen Shuri has to do is make a vibranium claw necklace for Okoye to play Kitty Kat with while she rules Wakanda!

Of course the lack of a heart shaped herb would make her not as powerful as T'challa but she could very well replace him!

That would definitely be one way to get rid of Storm for good (hint hint)

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    A new reality tv show has just ben announced...

You Can Get The Hands starring Thanos!

(cue drumroll and canned applause)

Thanos: "Thank you thank, you're far too kind. Welcome to 'You Can Get The Hands' I'm your host Thanos. Some call me the Mad Titan but with all this paper I'm making who can be mad right. On this show we will have special guests and a couple of comedy skits. Over there is my band The Black Order lead by the legendary conductor Ebony Maw. Tell us about yourself."

Ebony Maw: "You know how we do... Rejoice, we are all children of Thanos. On lead guitar we have Corvus Glaive... Piano and backup vocals we have Proxima Midnight... And on drums banging away Black Dwarf."

Thanos: "Very racially inspired names but I aint saying nothing... Anywho, speaking of race our first guest hails from Wakanda please put your hands together for King T'challa!"

T'challa: "Thank you it's a pleasure to be here."

Thanos: "Thank you for being here... So let's get right into it. You have a huge hit movie your first out the gate and you break all types of records even opening in Saudi Arabia which is unheard of... Tell us why your fans think you got shortchanged in my movie!"

T'challa: "I mean... All I did was get grabbed, punched to the ground and all that kinetic energy dispersed right to the dirt."

Thanos: "Okaaaaaay... AND!"

T'challa: "Wakanda should have contingency plans for you... We have plans for Galactus, Aliens versus Predator, Star Wars and the Muppets!"

Thanos: "N!&&@ is you smoking that heart shaped herb or what?"

T'challa: "No, the heart shapes herb was all burned by Killmonger."

Thanos: "So your cousin whips yo @$$ and throws you over the waterfall and you think that you can throw hands with Thanos?"

T'challa: "Well yeah."

Thanos: "Let's go over you feats... You turned a 4280 pound Lexus on a dime, raced up a wall and then shredded a hubcap off a tire and then you stopped a stampeding rhino in it's track."

T'challa: "That is correct... I also had a great showing in Captain America Civil War."

Thanos: "Yes, you got tossed by Scarlet Witch who I ran through to get to Vision... Not very impressive to me but what do I know. Did you ever fight the Hulk?"

T'challa: "The Hulk was not in Civil War."

Thanos: "He was in Infinity Wars let's take a look at this clip..."

clip...

Loki: "We have a Hulk!"

Bang... Biff... Splat.. Crack... Clang... OOMPH... Bing... Boom... Slam!

Hulk: "Hulk quit... Hulk had enough... Hulk tap out, Hulk tap out!"

end clip...

Thanos: "See that's how Thanos do... I don't need contingency plans and all that Batman prep time. Just put a N!&&@ in front of me and I go to work and get that infinity stone believe me!"

Ebony Maw: "He aint never lied, praise be to Thanos!"

T'challa: "Look, I just wanted a good showing for a 1.3 billion dollar movie star and my fans just wanted respect."

Thanos: "My movie made 2 billion dollars so put some respect on my name... Big bank take little bank!"

T'challa: "Indeed!"

Snap...

Thanos: "Wait, how did you get the Infinity Gauntlet?"

T'challa: "Some writer named Redjack was hired as official 'Pointman' for all of my intellectual property so halftime adjustments have been made."

Thanos: "Mother Fu..."

Thanos fades into ashes.

T'challa: "Welcome to 'You Can Get The Hands' I'm your Infinity Gauntlet wielding host King T'challa... AHEM!"

Looks hard at Ebony Maw...

Ebony Maw: "Rejoice, we are all children of Wakanda all hail King T'challa!"
    I need this show now

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

“When I first started talking to Marvel, you guys (The Russo Brothers) were in post (on Captain America: Civil War). Making a film when your lead actor has been cast by somebody else is scary, you know what I mean? It terrified me, and I knew Chadwick was crazy talented, and I didn’t know him at the time, but seeing the decisions that you guys made, it went past being a sigh of relief for me, to go and make the movie. It took me to being a fan again, a kid again, feeling like you’re in on something. My generation, Star Wars was something that happened before I was born, so somebody’s dad was like, ‘Yo, check this out.” Harrison Ford is there, and I know Harrison from The Fugitive. This is something they did before I was around. Like Rocky Balboa, I know Sylvester Stallone from Cliffhanger. I just want to tell me kids about the first time I saw Chadwick as Black Panther, the first time I was in the theater when Robert Downey showed up and put the Iron Man suit on. Those things you feel a sense of ownership of. That’s something I could never thank you guys enough for, that you were competent enough to know who the guy was and lay the groundwork.”

Coogler Got Notes on Black Panther From Coppola

Before a film’s release, studios like Marvel often hold what are known as “friends and family” screenings, and it was at one of these screenings for Black Panther where Ryan Coogler got to meet Francis Ford Coppola. The meeting was serendipitous since Coppola’s The Godfather was a big influence on Black Panther, and Coppola had plenty of recommendations for the young filmmaker after watching the movie.

“There’s a little bit of Hamlet there, but we’re looking at The Godfather, and it’s crazy because I got a chance to meet Francis. He watched the film at the Ranch, while we were still on the second friends and family (screening), and I’m just like sick, like sick with nerves, out of my mind. After the movie was over, he was just talking like this (snapping fingers rapidly), giving me notes faster than I could write. He just started naming all these movies and all these books that I needed to go read. He was like, ‘Have you seen Brigadoon?’ I was like, ‘Nah, I’ve never seen Brigadoon,’ and he’s like, ‘Oh man, you’ve gotta see Brigadoon cause you’ve got this thing going on in this.’ And he said, ‘Have you ever read Shahnameh? I’m like Shahna-what? He’s like, ‘Oh, you’ve gotta read Shahnameh, it’s this Persian story about the kings who had sons who inherited the throne, and it was a big inspiration for The Godfather.’ We kind of saw Chadwick’s character as Michael and his father as Don, he had to fill the shoes of this great man who was also his father. So he was just rattling off all this stuff, and you realize that everybody just pulls from everything.”

Gunn’s Inspiration for Rocket Was Frankenstein’s Monster

After Coogler revealed how big an influence The Godfather and Hamlet were on Black Panther, Favreau asked if there were any other specific movies that the filmmakers were influenced by. James Gunn stated that, for the crass Rocket Raccoon character, he was most directly influenced by the monster in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.

“For me, Rocket is Frankenstein’s monster. He is this little creature who was this innocent animal who was turned into something that isn’t what he was supposed to be. He’s completely alone, completely lost and has no tenderness from anyone. For me, that was the seed, from which the entire story grew.”

Anthony Russo Reveals Why They Paired Thor

The Russos Break Down Avengers: Infinity War's New Team-Ups

One of the aspects of Avengers: Infinity War most fans were looking forward to were the interactions between characters we all know and love, but who other characters have never met or heard of yet. One of these pairings is Thor and Rocket. Anthony Russo revealed this pairing was at the heart of this massive story they told, while touching on how Thor: Ragnarok so seamlessly transitioned to Avengers: Infinity War.

“We needed to create a situation where you really believe that Thor was gonna kill Thanos. That was the story of the film, his journey to that, and it’s that extreme level of suffering that character has gone through, from the end of Thor: Ragnarok and then carried into the beginning of Infinity War, this guy has just like lost everything. It’s that level of sadness that imbues him with that underdog quality that becomes the heart of the movie and you start to root for him. And you believe this energy that’s going to carry you through the climax. That pairing, I think, was very interesting on that level, because they sort of share that DNA.”

Joe Russo on How All of These Separate Worlds Come Together

The sheer size and scope of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has never been attempted on this level before, and while many have tried to replicate their success (DCEU, Dark Universe, X-Men), none have found anywhere near the same level of success. Joe Russo commented on how revolutionary this form of storytelling is, while discussing how there were two separate movies shooting at the same time as Infinity War.

“I remember when we came over to see (Ryan Coogler), you were shooting, and Taika (Waititi) was shooting at the same time. You were building a whole universe, and he was re-toning, while we were shooting, so we were trying to absorb information from both of you. I think we’ve all made standalone stories. What’s fascinating about Marvel is it’s a new form of storytelling. It’s this giant band of people playing, passing instruments around, trading licks. We’re trying different things with tone, different things with humor, drama, thematics, on a very big cultural canvas in a way that hasn’t been done before.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...ors-roundtable

Friendly reminder okoye, shuri, and mbaku were not in leaked av4 promo art
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

People love making excuses for the Infinity War racism. They did the same thing With Finn in TFA and we saw how The Last Jedi did him. People keep doing the same thing over and over and it still does not work. It's sadly insane.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    People love making excuses for the Infinity War racism. They did the same thing With Finn in TFA and we saw how The Last Jedi did him. People keep doing the same thing over and over and it still does not work. It's sadly insane.
    Yet Finn's stuff still outsold everyone else in that film.

Also that Infinity War movie is already done and it was before Panther was.

At least Panther is in better shape than someone over at DC. At least we got a film with a black guy in the lead who was not a replacement for Superman or Catwoman or Deadshot.

Racism in Infinity Wars...

GOSH DANG DARNIT DOO HICKEY... I just bought Infinity Wars on iTunes so is it too late to boycott after the money was spent!

Is it Racism, Nationalism or Intergalacticism because there were a whole lot species misrepresented in that movie!

I mean... Where was Korg?

That was racism against rock people right there he paid his dues he should have gotten the Thanos hands as should have dark skinned Valkrye!

Clearly right after torturing white male Asgardian Thor and slamming a white male turned green Hulk, purple people eating Thanos really took his intimidating time to impale that ever-loving black male Heimdall really really hard... YEP, you could see it in his eyes the hatred for his darker skin!

Thanos: "Pretty Motha F*****!"

Thanos was probably still thinking about dark skinned Heimdall as he choked the life out of a white male looking yet Frost Giant descendant Loki!

Even though adopted daughter Gamora was green skinned Thanos probably threw her over the edge because she sassed him almost like a black girl was "underneath" gone wild swaying her head back and forth!

Gamora: "You love nothing... You didn't even get me a Playstation for Christmas! I asked you for money to get my hair done and my nails... You don't write anymore, no text messages... You scare away all my boyfriends... Blah blah blah... Yada yada yada..."

Note: Rumors of Gamora playing Double Dutch in her spare time have not been confirmed!

Nebula however wishes that racism was the only problem with this movie because... DAYUM!!!

Torture against Blue People I'm all over it...

Boycott starts sometime in Phase 10 after the X-men and Fantastic Four merge I pinky swear!

Except Finn was a joke that was promo'd as the new hero and got his ass whooped all day every day. T'Challa was the badass that did just as well as the other heroes and Wakanda did better then everywhere else. Seriously your materials getting old dude

Except Finn was a joke that was promo'd as the new hero and got his ass whooped all day every day. T'Challa was the badass that did just as well as the other heroes and Wakanda did better then everywhere else. Seriously your materials getting old dude

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'd point out that Wakanda and the Avengers had actually beaten back Thanos' forces, before the Big guy himself showed up