Page 294 of 719 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's cute you think that that's what is happening here. Well and so.
    I’m not playing dumb, it honestly looks to me like people debating a comic book in a forum specifically designed for that very purpose, why is it problematic?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

now...if only i can understand what role did Jean and Exodus play in the teleportation. Is Jean the link between Lactuca and Exodus to move the island through the gate? Hmmm...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    now...if only i can understand what role did Jean and Exodus play in the teleportation. Is Jean the link between Lactuca and Exodus to move the island through the gate? Hmmm...
    That's my understanding.
    As Lactuca does not convers, she had to basically telepathically direct the entire process to ensure that nothing goes wrong moving from one planet to the next in such a short space of time.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-16-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's cute you think that that's what is happening here. Well and so.
    Sometimes I think Jean's fans want her to have the strength to play a planet.

Her interaction with Quentin is really cool, I would like more development

E4A72zIVEAYjuIR.jpg

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Sometimes I think Jean's fans want her to have the strength to play a planet.
    Well, some people would like her to have the Phoenix Force back. Some people even think the Phoenix is her true potential and it's part of a cyclic thing. So yes: some fans want her to be even stronger than that.

I'm *not* one of those fans. But I don't judge them. This is part of the character's history and they think it belongs to her and it bothers them that she was stripped of it. Why can't we try to understand even if we don't agree?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL. Yes. Seeing the baby SWORD II burst out of Monarch like that was unexpectedly hilarious. And Jean and Quentin's reactions just added to it.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She did far more impressive TK feats before. Duggan promised bigger feat than King in Black and failed to give us that
    It’s perfectly okay if you don’t like an issue that comes out. We’ve all been there.

But there will be lots of people who like what you don’t, and Vice versa.

I think sometimes when people don’t like something they get upset when others do. There are Jean fans like myself that overall like Hickman’s run. Just because Jean isn’t Phoenix doesn’t mean everyone has to sulk, though fir those upset about that unfortunately Development of course you gave the right to feel as you do.

It just seems like some people want to force their star of mind on others and that isn’t cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Well, some people would like her to have the Phoenix Force back. Some people even think the Phoenix is her true potential and it's part of a cyclic thing. So yes: some fans want her to be even stronger than that.

I'm *not* one of those fans. But I don't judge them. This is part of the character's history and they think it belongs to her and it bothers them that she was stripped of it. Why can't we try to understand even if we don't agree?
    We cannot control what Marvel does and constantly complaining doesn’t seem to be working in terms of changing anything at Marvel.

To be fair having a bunch of mutants restore life to a world seems much more interesting than having Phoenix do everything. And yes I love Phoenix/Jean.

I can see since they are literally still in a world building phase why the X-office isn’t currently using her. Maybe after a couple of years or so the X-office will be ready for Phoenix or after the mutants are established in MCU.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We cannot control what Marvel does and constantly complaining doesn’t seem to be working in terms of changing anything at Marvel.

To be fair having a bunch of mutants restore life to a world seems much more interesting than having Phoenix do everything. And yes I love Phoenix/Jean.

I can see since they are literally still in a world building phase why the X-office isn’t currently using her. Maybe after a couple of years or so the X-office will be ready for Phoenix or after the mutants are established in MCU.
    My personal preference would be for that bird to stay the heck away from Jean.

But, at the same time, if fans can't vent their frustration to other fans about aspects of the character, on a thread dedicated to the character, where are they supposed to do it? Complaining won't change anything, but let people complain. Everyone likes to be heard when they're annoyed, right? Who is supposed to be more understanding than we, other fans?

I'm up for trying to talk about more positive aspects as well. Recently, I replied to a post about it, focusing on the positive and leaving out as much as possible of the negative stuff. I'm also up to discussing things we'd like to see. Some weeks ago, another poster asked what would be an omega-level telepathic feat. I think I was the only one who replied.

But, you know, those posts don't get much engagement, unfortunately... I guess it's because people are very frustrated? So... let them vent. What's the alternative? Censor them?

My personal preference would be for that bird to stay the heck away from Jean.

But, at the same time, if fans can't vent their frustration to other fans about aspects of the character, on a thread dedicated to the character, where are they supposed to do it? Complaining won't change anything, but let people complain. Everyone likes to be heard when they're annoyed, right? Who is supposed to be more understanding than we, other fans?

I'm up for trying to talk about more positive aspects as well. Recently, I replied to a post about it, focusing on the positive and leaving out as much as possible of the negative stuff. I'm also up to discussing things we'd like to see. Some weeks ago, another poster asked what would be an omega-level telepathic feat. I think I was the only one who replied.

But, you know, those posts don't get much engagement, unfortunately... I guess it's because people are very frustrated? So... let them vent. What's the alternative? Censor them?
    Thank you Grinning Soul, I think everyone should be allowed to express their view as long as it is done in a civil manner, people have the option to read and engage or skip and ignore, nothing is mandatory.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    her interaction with quentin is really cool, i would like more development

E4A72zIVEAYjuIR.jpg
    this, all day!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s perfectly okay if you don’t like an issue that comes out. We’ve all been there.

But there will be lots of people who like what you don’t, and Vice versa.

I think sometimes when people don’t like something they get upset when others do. There are Jean fans like myself that overall like Hickman’s run. Just because Jean isn’t Phoenix doesn’t mean everyone has to sulk, though fir those upset about that unfortunately Development of course you gave the right to feel as you do.

It just seems like some people want to force their star of mind on others and that isn’t cool.
    If you like Hickman's run continue to appreciate it.

I'm posting my opinion, I didn't like it. I was lied about her feat, I don't like to be held with expectations and it doesn't deliver.

I don't think Emma has the range spoilers:
    to reach a mind on Mars
    end of spoilers. She probably received the images and broadcast them to the guests.
    Actually, Emma has reached across the planet with ease several times in the past with no help or strain. I think she would be totally fine projecting to mars, but it would just take more effort. We know she's capable of reaching off planet for sure, since she can reach across the entire planet with not even a hint of strain. She is supposed to be equal to Xavier after all. The only one she really is behind in terms of power is Jean, and potentially Quentin but he hasn't developed his skills enough yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Actually, Emma has reached across the planet with ease several times in the past with no help or strain. I think she would be totally fine projecting to mars, but it would just take more effort. We know she's capable of reaching off planet for sure, since she can reach across the entire planet with not even a hint of strain. She is supposed to be equal to Xavier after all. The only one she really is behind in terms of power is Jean, and potentially Quentin but he hasn't developed his skills enough yet.
    It depends on the writer, but the last time she did a broadcast on earth she needed Cerebro and the cuckoos.

So Mars is too far away for her