Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The white/gold doesn't work for me. That same color scheme was used for Wonder Woman in that series of books Stan Lee did in the 90s.

I'm, however, not a huge fan of the black and silver. I didn't mind when the black was a background for a star field, but with that aspect gone -- I prefer to her back in red.

I hope if they ever retcon her origin that she is a baby saved from a shipwreck

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yeah, that could work. The shipwreck could be near the invisible barrier around Paradise Island.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, that could work. The shipwreck could be near the invisible barrier around Paradise Island.
    Have the ship burning, that could easily replace her being rescued from a burning building (and explain why Donna remembers it that way).
    This sounds Ike the easiest and most obvious solution, so we know it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Have the ship burning, that could easily replace her being rescued from a burning building (and explain why Donna remembers it that way).
    This sounds Ike the easiest and most obvious solution, so we know it will never happen.
    I really agree. Maybe someday........

Donna gets Julia Kapetelis' origin..but stays on the island...

Donna on a Death Metal tie-in cover by Gary Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Aye, ..and (1) it could be a time-lost sea ship, from which she's rescued, after which (2) she is raised and trained to her teenage years, on the Island, ..before (3) travelling to Man's World, where grows to adulthood on the Candy Family's Bar-L Ranch in Oliveburn, Virginia! There, ..with Etta's mother, Sugar Candy, ..her father, Hard Candy, an Army vet brother, Mint Candy, and Queen Hippolyta's royal guard Rottie, Wonder Dog, ..she occasionally drifts over to nearby D.C. for adventures, with her two big sisters, Etta and Wonder Woman ..and, eventually, the TEEN TITANS!

This would give Donna an ethnically diverse, mortal family that ties her into Diana's story, in a way that creates an easy narrative path for a NEW, retcon history of interaction, between her and the superheroine, who inspired her. Gone is the clunky idea that Donna and Diana are sisters-in-name-only and, otherwise, strangers, trapped in a dysfunctional relationship...

And good riddance!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-13-2020 at 05:39 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She only uses the Wonder Girl name in the flashbacks. She's quit in the present timeline of the story.

Wait, what pic are you talking about?
    This one.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 99923looks like Donna is about to be Wonder Girl again
    Donna's joining the Teen Titans

TEEN TITANS: ENDLESS WINTER SPECIAL #1
    written by ANDY LANNING and RON MARZ
    art by JESUS MERINO
    backup story art by MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    ONE SHOT | ON SALE 12/15/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    “Endless Winter” chapter six! Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow embark on a bonding exercise with new partners from the original New Teen Titans: Donna Troy and Beast Boy? Everyone’s limits will be tested as they brave the challenges of holiday shopping in Manhattan! And then, the city is buried in snow! When they discover a teen whose powers are triggered by the extreme cold, the team must decide if this new arrival is a future hero or villain. And in the past, Black Adam battles the Frost King with devastating consequences.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It is nice to see Donna being included in the larger DC events including Death Metal and the Endless Winter with the Teen Titans. I'm thinking Donna will take on more of a mentor/leadership type roll with the Teen Titans, since they find themselves without a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hahaha, '60's throwback. Sort of reminds me of Josie and the Pussycats.

"Obscure" Troia commission by Luciano Vecchio...
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...42449338306562
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-14-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Donna gets Julia Kapetelis' origin..but stays on the island...
    That makes a lot of sense. Julia is mostly a forgotten character -- and she kinda stole Donna's origin. Give it back to Donna!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "Obscure" Troia commission by Luciano Vecchio...
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...42449338306562
    Did Donna ever look like this in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. Julia is mostly a forgotten character -- and she kinda stole Donna's origin. Give it back to Donna!
    I never liked Julia or her story. I agree---give it back to Donna!