Page 690 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Newsflash: Caramel Caligula has been doing that shit since day one. I’ve also heard the report that there had been a fatality from coronavirus in Washington state, Trump said it was a woman while CDC said it was a man. Just another day in Crazytown.
    Oh, I know, but this latest news conference seemed especially Clown World worthy.

During the event, my friend joked maybe Pence told Trump the wrong person died to see if he'd not fact check before he repeated the lie.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Lmao
    I do wonder how much racism is at play here (subtle, institutional racism). If the virus had originated in (say) France and not China... how differently this "panic" would have played out and maybe not built up so much steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm sorry you don't understand what equivocation is or how you were engaged in it. But I hope the next time some asshat tries to promote Bernie by being a d-bag online, you just say "That person is slime and doesn't represent most of us who support Bernie." Note the period at the end of that. The no further comment. No links to some other random example you want to pull out. Just a period.
    Never gonna happen. You forget, there's hate on all sides, and it's very even and there is no noticeable difference in any camp despite countless articles saying otherwise and... oh yes... our own eyes! Now don't you feel foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Did you even read my post? It had nothing to do with "American political thought". Do you think the Soviet Union was a grand old nation where everyone was happy? If you do, I know a few people you could talk to who'd tell you otherwise.
    I... huh??? Are we actually having to point out that the Soviet Union wasn't good? Is that... how badly are educational systems failing if that simple fact isn't being taught???

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Newsflash: Caramel Caligula has been doing that shit since day one. I’ve also heard the report that there had been a fatality from coronavirus in Washington state, Trump said it was a woman while CDC said it was a man. Just another day in Crazytown.
    I know this is not the time... but that is a FABULOUS drag queen name!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

During the event, my friend joked maybe Pence told Trump the wrong person died to see if he'd not fact check before he repeated the lie.
    Can we... can we Ron Burgandy Trump? Is that possible? Just change his auto-cue? "I'm Donald Trump. F*ck you, San Diego!"
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    I understand what it is and I didn't engage in it.

Promoting Bernie? You don't even remember what it was about.
    Oh I remember exactly what that staffer said. They got the firing they deserved. Why you suddenly made it about a dozen other things that happened in other campaigns is a real head scratcher. I mean.....I guess I'm confused how you need youtube links to say "What he did was wrong, that kind of behavior from Bernie staffers and supporters is unacceptable." Yet....gee, when I look back....there they are! Quite a puzzle how they got there huh? I mean, did you get hacked by Russia or what was the point of that?

(Hint....here's where the equivocation comes in champ!)

Enjoy watching the SC Primary everyone. I'm off to attend AEW's (Pro Wrestling) Revolution show. I need some mindless fun to take my mind off how horrible this world can be.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I know this is not the time... but that is a FABULOUS drag queen name!
    Hmm! I must admit that hadn’t occurred to me, but yeah, you’re right, it is! Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Prediction. Biden gets a comfortable South Carolina win. Strengthens him slightly for Super Tuesday where he flips some of the Bloomberg supporters he lost. Super Tuesday is still a largely good day for Bernie Sanders (early voting already happened and two days isn't enough to build enough momentum to flip everything). Sanders gets a massive California win along with Texas, Colorado and Massachussetts. The MA loss for Warren gets her out of the race. Warren has mostly Sanders and Biden cross over. So expect them to see a minor bump of a few percent (Warren's only at 10 nationally).

Now that SHOULD really tell Buttigieg and Klobuchar to get out of the race as they have no path.... but they will stay. Amy is not getting out until Minnesota had a say. Either way the race should really consolidate around Biden and Sanders and the longer people stay in the more it benefits Sanders. Sanders still has a slight lead head to head, but they are close enough where it could be a long primary. That said if Sanders wins like I think on Super Tuesday it might just be Biden chasing him to no avail
    I agree with much of this, but I don't think anyone is dropping out. Which is only going to make this uglier and uglier. It does benefit Sanders more overall, but it heightens the chances of a shit show convention. And that only benefits Trump.

Biden will win tonight but there are takeaways to be had: Is it a landslide? If it is, Sanders' supporters have to accept that it's a bad sign. It means one of the core constituencies of the Democratic party is rejecting him. Does South Carolina ultimately matter? No, but it is an indication of where established black voters who vote Democrat stand. (Our only one so far at least, the narrative could change) And there is no way to paint that as a positive for Sanders. He still has a diverse coalition, but that's a backbone of the party. If it's narrow win and Sanders has made headway, then the reverse is true....it's a very positive sign for him that he can convert those folks into willing voters. The exit poll numbers will be really interesting to watch.

Enjoy watching the SC Primary everyone. I'm off to attend AEW's (Pro Wrestling) Revolution show. I need some mindless fun to take my mind off how horrible this world can be.
    Aren't the Democratic Primaries enough of a bloody battle royal wrestling match?

Have fun.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Aren't the Democratic Primaries enough of a bloody battle royal wrestling match?

Have fun.
    I need fake blood and fake violence, dammit! Although I'm sure if Sanders doesn't have a good showing the "Bernie Bros" will go bonkers. It'll be scorched earth via mutually assured destruction all around.

Thanks, I'm sure I will.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-29-2020 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

9E947546-45F7-472F-9373-8F689DB40CDB.jpg

Failing New York Times at it again!

Extraordinary Member

Polls look like they were dead on in SC. Biden, then Sanders, then Steyer.

Buttigieg can't even beat Steyers in the South. He has a massive black voter problem. So does Klobuchar. That's why they are both destined to lose this thing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    9E947546-45F7-472F-9373-8F689DB40CDB.jpg

Failing New York Times at it again!
    Nah everywhere has Biden winning. This was his state the whole way. The real test is if this will effect Super Tuesday or not

BANNED

Exit polling seems to indicate it was a clobbering victory for Biden.

This effectively ends every other campaign except Biden and Bernie. It's bad news for Bernie that he hasn't seemed to sway established black voters yet. Good news for Biden that they weren't swayed.

Super Tuesday we'll see if people start the exodus from the candidates who are done and where they head.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Exit polling seems to indicate it was a clobbering victory for Biden.

This effectively ends every other campaign except Biden and Bernie. It's bad news for Bernie that he hasn't seemed to sway established black voters yet. Good news for Biden that they weren't swayed.

Super Tuesday we'll see if people start the exodus from the candidates who are done and where they head.
    There's been so much early voting on Super Tuesday that I really can't see it being much of a change. Especially since most candidates won't drop out.

Trust me on this, Bloomberg is staying in until the bitter end. Buttigieg is not bowing out next week. Klobuchar is probably staying until atleast Minnesota.

I could see Steyer and Warren dropping out first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There's been so much early voting on Super Tuesday that I really can't see it being much of a change. Especially since most candidates won't drop out.

Trust me on this, Bloomberg is staying in until the bitter end. Buttigieg is not bowing out next week. Klobuchar is probably staying until atleast Minnesota.

I could see Steyer and Warren dropping out first.
    I agree we won't see people drop out. But don't you think some voters will switch allegiance at this point? Or does that wait until after Super Tuesday?